SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an odd situation; i'm adapting an existing design into a new game, and modifying stuff as I go along. I set up my stats, class and combat system. I set my attack and def at 50, and I set up a monster with 30 attack and 30 def just to test. The monster and I share the same basic attack. No plugins do anything to reverse damage or even really influence damage.

What's weird is that it seems (using Moghunter's battle system) when I attack, I do the damage to the enemy that HE should be doing to me, and his attack does damage to me that I should be doing to him. Reversed, in effect. What could cause this? I'm stuck!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You either posted that backwards, or I don't understand the issue. When you attack someone you should damage them, and when they attack you, they should damage you. So what's the issue?

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For example, based on my stats I set up, I should do 12-20 damage to them on average, and they should do 1 damage to me. It's reversed in my game...they do 12-20 to me and I do 1 to them.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems that the damage done is inversed
The enemies is dealing the amount of damage the actors should be doing
The actors are deaing the amount of damage the enemies should be doing

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes, what settings can cause that sort of thing? I'm not using weapons, these are skills. My damage formula is: a.atk * (100/(100 + b.def))

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can a skill be used as the normal attack for players?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check your stats and make sure they are as you say they are. A state can change them, which will make them not as you think they are in battle. Also, check if there is any variance on the skill. A high variance can really wreck all balance.

Also, please do not double post. Next time edit your previous post.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(using Moghunter's battle system)

then, it looks like a matter of figuring out the mechanics behind *that* battle system.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh man. IGMC's finally back. I really want to participate, but I'm not sure if I have the time.
It is DC's turn to be celebrating her leveling up and starts her 20th year. We were many to think she wouldn't live that long. Starts your cats motors and make 'em purr!
why_hello_mira.jpg

I made myself a cult leader, and a concept scene for him as well. :LZSexcite:
SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sm0ll