0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction
This plugin allows you to add damaged phases to enemy battle sprites. Think of it like those games where the girls progressively lose clothes as their HP depletes, but there are many other applications of course!
Also, if the enemy recovers enough HP, it will change back to its previous battle sprite.

Usage
To set a damaged sprite, just add the following line to an enemy's notetag:

Code:
     <Damaged Sprite: SpriteA, 60%/>
     <Damaged Sprite: SpriteB, 33.3%/>
In this example, the enemy's battle sprite will change to "SpriteA.png" once it reaches 60% or lower HP, and to "SpriteB.png" once it reaches 33.3% or lower. It's that simple!

The plugin will search for the sprites inside the "sv_enemies" folder.
(you don't have to include ".png" on the sprite's name)

For JavaScript nerds like me, if you want to manually change an enemy sprite with script calls, you can now do so by using:
JavaScript:
//Change enemy sprite
this.setBattlerImage(fileName)
//Return back to default
this.setBattlerImage(this.enemy().battlerName)

Terms of service
- Free to use in Commercial Projects, no credit required;
- To avoid outdated versions, please don't repost and instead link to this thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

quackenbirdt

Pixel Pili Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is close to what I am looking for.

JavaScript:
//Change enemy sprite
this.setBattlerImage(fileName)
//Return back to default
this.setBattlerImage(this.enemy().battlerName)
Is this a script call?
I am trying to do a similar thing to changing sprites, but I'll be using front view and change the sprite only during when the enemy is attacking.
Is it possible to tweak the notetag a bit so that it detects when the enemy is attacking to change the sprite and then return to the original sprite after the attack?
Thanks!

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@quackenbirdt Yep, those are script calls!
So you could do something like:
JavaScript:
$gameTroop.members()[enemyID].setBattlerImage(fileName)
I don't quite understand why you would only change the Sprite when the enemy's attacking. Are you using any plugins to change how the battle looks? Can you explain me better what you're trying to achieve design wise?

quackenbirdt

Pixel Pili Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you explain me better what you're trying to achieve design wise?
I'm trying to somewhat animate the front view battlers by changing their image. If the enemy attacks, it changes to a attacking stance, and returns back to normal after the attack is executed.

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@quackenbirdt could you send me the plugin that you are using to achieve that effect? I can't help you otherwise

quackenbirdt

Pixel Pili Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@quackenbirdt could you send me the plugin that you are using to achieve that effect? I can't help you otherwise
I'm not using a plugin, because I'm trying to achieve that effect by using yours. The effect I am trying to achieve is like the combat animation style of Darkest Dungeon, where the battlers change sprites only when attacking. (Otherwise they are static)
I thought I could use yours since it is able to change the battlers image, and alter it to change only when attacking (maybe link the battler filename to the skill notetag) instead of only changing when below 50% health. I hope that was clear. Thanks for your time. :)

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really great! Can you make an option so it have 3 phase?
Like 50%>>Changetosprite2
and 30%>>Changetosprite3

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mightyckf I'll be working on version 2, it should be ready tomorrow :)

I'll be adding unlimited phases to any enemy. Basically you'll just need to add a tag with the HP threshold you want for every extra phase. (if you only include 1 phase it will use the default HP threshold in the plugin parameters).

Edit: right now it doesn't support GIF because it automatically searches for a PNG sprite, but I'll add support for custom file extensions.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not using a plugin, because I'm trying to achieve that effect by using yours. The effect I am trying to achieve is like the combat animation style of Darkest Dungeon, where the battlers change sprites only when attacking. (Otherwise they are static)
I thought I could use yours since it is able to change the battlers image, and alter it to change only when attacking (maybe link the battler filename to the skill notetag) instead of only changing when below 50% health. I hope that was clear. Thanks for your time. :)
you can try this one
and this one

quackenbirdt

Pixel Pili Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ozuma Nice! I'll certainly look into this later, and maybe showcase the effect I'm trying to achieve. Thanks!
@pasunna Wow, Moghunter's enemy poses might be the one I'm looking for. I'll see if i can suit and simplify this plugin to my needs.
Thanks everyone.

Update: @pasunna , Moghunter's enemy poses certainly worked for me, but it has compatibility issues with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, so I decided to stick with the battle engine core, since I've already put a lot of work in the combat system.
On the other hand, @Ozuma's custom plugin works best for me. At first I had trouble setting up the plugin for some reason, but I sorted it out finally. Works real well for my game. Thanks again!, sure to give you proper credit once the game is playable, as the sprites I am planning to make has now just doubled lol!

Last edited:

peteian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has there been an update to this with the multiple phases? Or is there a way for me to set that myself? I'm only seeing the 50% when I try to edit the javascript, unless I'm doing something wrong

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo @peteian !
I just finished version 2.0! Took me more work than I expected... I also got sidetracked by other projects.

Tell me if you find any bug or if you have feedback!

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also @DigitalWF

Not sure if you still need it, but the new update includes the multiple phases like you were asking.

I'm still not sure how to implement it with GIFs, sorry

Last edited:

peteian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo @peteian !
I just finished version 2.0! Took me more work than I expected... I also got sidetracked by other projects.

Tell me if you find any bug or if you have feedback!
Thanks! Will check it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr