Mast-yami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello!

First, I hope I'm in the right section and I didn't create a topic already solved by someone, if not, I would like to apologize.

Here is my problem: Before adding some contents, I'm working on the damage calculations and something is wrong with the damages my hero deals.

I just chose "Attaque" which has this formula: a.atk - b.def and I deal -1226.
Then I buff myself with +50% ATK and then attack again -> -1226.  :unsure:

Dmg2.png

(Don't mind the left character's HP, I made it immortal so I can test the skills on it)

To be more precise: I buff myself after casting a specific spell. I saw on another thread that I needed to cast a spell, then call a Common Event which apply a buff on my party.

The fact is, that way is working since some other specific status are working perfectly. (Like a state reducing damage by half for one turn.)

I hope someone can tell me if it's my damage formula or if it's the way I set the buffs which is wrong.

PS: (I'm really sorry if my english isn't really good, it's not my first language. ^^' )

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a screenshot of the actor and its class and the skill used from the database. Additionally show how you buff yourself (the skill used for that). There are several features/traits that will affect damage calculations, and one of them might cause the problem.

Mast-yami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you Andar for the answer. ^^

There are the screenshots you asked me:

- Character: Vargas

Vargas.PNG

- Vargas Class:

Vargas Class.PNG

- Offensive skill: (The one that call the event)

Soleil Sacré!.PNG

- The Common Event: (Called when I use "Soleil Sacré!")

Common Event.PNG

- The Buff Spell: (Atk +50%)

Buff Atk 50%.PNG

-And finally, the status ATK+50% itself:

Status.PNG

I hope these screenshots will give you some infos and thank you again for helping me. ^^'

[Edit]: I forgot to say that I'm using Yanfly's plugin: BaseParamControl to increase the maximum amount of stats my characters can reach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Character: Vargas

- Vargas Class:

Although I'm not too used to Yanfly's Script MV, I'm going to assume your problem is the <atk Min: 1227> in the Vargas Class note box. A quick google told me that <atk Min: 1227> causes the lowest possible Attack Parameter value to be 1227 while the default values are 1-999. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mast-yami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you Adventurer_inc. for the reply.

I tried my moves without using Yanfly's plugin and it worked perfectly.  :)
But I'm still stuck with my states since I wanted my characters to have above 1000 ATK and DEF as base stats. Maybe I shouldn't use the <stat Min> function but instead <stat Max> and <stat Plus>. ^^'

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problems are definately misconfigurations in the plugin functions and notetags as you don't even use the default ways to generate damage data.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please link to the website of the scripts you're using, we need to check the script description to see if you did everything correct.

Additionally, please don't cut your screenshots in the future, you cut away some information that might have caused the problems. Things like IDs, because some skills have hardcoded effects (skill#1 and skill#2 for example)

And do you have every skill on certain hit? because without a HIT-trait, the actor will never hit (base HIT% is 0%)

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If the skill calls a common event it is actually AFTER the damage formula has been calculated if I remember correctly, so having the skill add a buff through a common event to increase its damage wouldn't actually work on that same turn due to the way common event calls work. Someone can correct me if this is no longer the case...

if you want it to add the buff 100% of the time BEFORE damage is calculated you should make this as your formula:

a.addState(X); ((a.atk * (4.5 * 10)) - b.def)

X being the states ID in the database

Not trying to tell you how to design your game, but that's how I would solve it :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ahuramazda

What he did was this:

Attack 

Put State

Attack again

so the second attack should have dealt more damage... But it's solved apparently already as it was just a case of using the wrong notetag from a plugin

Last edited by a moderator:

Mast-yami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Oh, I'm sorry for the wrong place Andar, each time I missed placing my topics in the right places. :s
Also I won't cut my screenshots next time. The website in go for plugins is essentially Yanfly.moe. Finally, yes, all of my damage-based skills have certain hit. Since I don't use the Precision/Dodge mechanics, so I thought it was the best way to be sure all of the skills and attacks will reach.

Ahuramazda, actually, it's the way i wanted my spells to work. ^^' I want to give a buff non available for the actual turn, except for the rest of the party. But I'ld like to thank you for the formula since it will probably help me in the future! :D

Engr. Adiktuzmiko, that was exactly that. I just hope this topic will help anyone encountering this problem.

I really want to thank all of you for your precious help! =)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaGaming