TRADE Dark Horizon - (Need Artist, Programmer, Writer)

BlueComet

Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Engine:

RMMV

Synopsis:

Dark Horizon
is the story of Silas, a young man from a rural village called Mapledale. Silas’ life is turned upside-down when a comet lands near Mapledale on the day of an important festival. During the night, Silas forges a bond with a mysterious extraplanar entity called Malethos and he discovers that Mapledale has been destroyed. He then travels to Blackharbour, the capital of the Gilded Coast and center of the civilized world. Silas' life has been marked now by the gods and the other denizens of the stars. Will he be a force of law or chaos? Only your choices can say!

Dark Horizon places a lot of emphasis on player choice. How will Silas react when an enemy has a blade at his throat? How will he sneak past the guards? The game doesn't use the traditional combat mechanic of RPG Maker games, focusing on overworld animations with text accompaniment. Dark Horizon is also going to feature an investment feature, where Silas can spend resources to upgrade parts of his city. These upgrades will translate to specific, mechanical improvements for Silas (combat skill upgrades, increased income, etc.).

My Role(s)/Position(s):

My role as Artistic Director in the game means I wear many hats. At the moment, I'm fully developing the game by myself. My ideal situation involves me focusing on plotting story structure, character design, and eventing. I also like to fill in the gaps where we're missing people or skills.

Positions/Roles Needed:

In order to take the next step with Dark Horizon, I need more people on my team.

Artist - The artist I'm looking for has general skill with sprite and map design. You don't need to be an expert, just willing to listen to notes. I'm more than willing to hear out ideas for the design, especially if it leads to iconic characters and locations.

Programmer - The programmer has the tough job of making everything work. There's a lot of things I can fix through brute force, but I'd like to have someone taking a look at the project and tightening up bolts where they find them.

Writer - The writer should be skilled in dialogue. As stated above, I'm handling the overall plotting, character design. I want someone to make up for my weakness in dialogue. I'll probably rely on them for collaboration and thoughts on the areas I'm focusing on, too.

If you believe that you're one of the people I'm looking for, please drop a reply below or shoot me a message.

In Return:

You will be credited in the game, and at some point, this game may go commercial. I'm willing to help you with your projects, as well. My skills focus on writing, overall plot structure, and game testing.

Download Link:

You can try the demo of Dark Horizon by downloading the following links:
PC - click here!
Mac - click here!

Starfox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a developer I'd be interesting in a possible skill trade here. I haven't had a chance to test your game as I'm on Linux (and at work) so I'll do that later. Also I'd want some further details about the game and how you intend to manage its creation.

In regards to the trade, my own work needs a reliable tester and a second eye on the plot / writing I've been doing as so far I've been a one man team with minimal feedback.

tazey65

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be interested in filling the artist and/or writer role at least partially. I also noticed an overlapping problem with a tile in Mapledale.

BlueComet

Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Tazey, I just sent you a message back!

Kris_Gray

Artist(Characters, Character assets)
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyyy, may I know if you are planning to go beyond using RTP resources for facesets(Or busts) for dialogue? If you are, I'd be interested in the role as artist for designing and/or drawing the characters' busts/faces and perhaps image cut scenes! I'm flexible when it comes to art style--I can do a style similar to RTP, or a more realistic style, or closer to anime-ish. It's your decision!

Nemesis808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need a story developer/game designer?

Gabbypie64

Aster World Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need an artist still

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kleik