Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using dark room covers I get these thin white lines that cut through the shadow. Like so:

It was somewhat manageable until I noticed the event rounding/ jitter glitch. When I put in the archeia plugin to fix the rounding issue. this got worse. Any advice is appreciated

Last edited:

SVEzT

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

may I ask if you ever found a solution and would be willing to share it with us?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Same problem guys. Do you know something about it?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About this bug, I think I know what is the reason. This plugin sets a frame for the Dark Sprite that contains all cover sprites. And plus, he does a lot of calculations in the update function. So I think that is some of the reasons.

SVEzT

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So your suspicioun is that the calculations are wrong somewhere or that the calculations are so CPU-consuming that they cause a lag?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So your suspicioun is that the calculations are wrong somewhere or that the calculations are so CPU-consuming that they cause a lag?
Not exactly wrong, but is too much on the update function.
I do suspect that the author makes a frame to prevent the dark cover sprites to be drawn outside the screen, so when you walk he needs to draw the sprites that are outside the screen before the player walks. But somehow, this drawing can't update in time when the player is walking because the update function has already a lot of calculations doing there.
But you know, that is my hints, I can't know for sure unless I try to fix the plugin. I found some other behaviors that I didn't like, so Instead of trying to figure out this plugin I have made another one for me.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Not exactly wrong, but is too much on the update function.
I do suspect that the author makes a frame to prevent the dark cover sprites to be drawn outside the screen, so when you walk he needs to draw the sprites that are outside the screen before the player walks. But somehow, this drawing can't update in time when the player is walking because the update function has already a lot of calculations doing there.
But you know, that is my hints, I can't know for sure unless I try to fix the plugin. I found some other behaviors that I didn't like, so Instead of trying to figure out this plugin I have made another one for me.
I don't understand. Have you done a new script or are you talking about your extension of the script?
This script, has the same problem? Or it's more good than this? (or it's the same thing? Becuse i see that your script works in different way, with a reveal of the map when you're walking)...

The real cause of this plugin, correct if i'm in wrong, is YEP Core Engine. If i disable yep core engine, the script is perfect. If i activate it with a resolution of 720p, i have that problem.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I have done a new script for me, and it reveals as you walk. But you can adjust it to reveal the map only when the player touches the tile(or even an entire region). And it does not have the same problem.
But I don't know if it is compatible with yanfly.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
nobody is able to find the bug? ç_ç It's a shame to always have buggy scripts and no longer followed by anyone ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )
I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaroy