BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick issue I have run into: Can anyone figure out what may be happening with this? I just finished setting this up and it sort of works, however I'm going to need someone to help figure out what could be going on here.

First off (and this may be slightly related to another misbehaving event) when I step into positions right at the edge of the first transfer zone that changes visibility it works going in and out. However, just before I enter the next zone in that direction everything literally blacks out instead of properly changing visibility. For example:

Code:
## ################
#                 #
#                 #
#                  >
#                 #
## ################
Code:
###################
#                  >
#                 #
<                 #
###################
The top part is a rough approximation of the starting room. The > and < show which direction the player goes to enter another room and trigger the effect (through a map event placed at the trigger point). In the position connected to room one the effect works perfectly, but going into room three results in a literal blackout. And things really get weird if you approach the upper passage:

Code:
######## ###
#          #
#          #
#          #
#          #
## ################
#                 #
#    P            #
#           
#                 #
## ################
Here the player triggers the north room's visibility by moving in and out of the marked position, which in turn screws up everything else. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: I should probably also mention that the upper room is room two and leads to room three. Going east is room four to room five, etc. These are all marked in the map zone editor.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will be honest with you. I can't understand your example xD
Can you make a video showing the behavior? No need to talk, only for me to see.
Because I have worked in an extension of this plugin, so I know a little bit about it. Maybe I can help if you need something related to change the code

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided I'd also make a devlog video of it, but it's ready to go. The audio cues are a turntable hard stop for inconsistencies (and I also threw in the infamous fail horn for the blackout issue).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Already got it from your convo. Aside from a wider zone definition that extends beyond the dungeon walls (otherwise it makes a mess of my boss warning) your extension did what I needed it to do.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Running into another matter - it seems that the plugin doesn't play nice with looping maps, which results in regions that are supposed to be visible being hidden away within a certain distance of the map edges.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, i really hate the fact that the script starts hiding all regions... Do you know in what part of the code you can reverse this thing? :( That all regions are not hidden and you can simply hide what you want with the command?

Thank you very much!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, i really hate the fact that the script starts hiding all regions... Do you know in what part of the code you can reverse this thing? :( That all regions are not hidden and you can simply hide what you want with the command?

Thank you very much!
You can make a common event with plugins command to always reveal the regions you want.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You can make a common event with plugins command to always reveal the regions you want.
They are too much and this is a little unconfortable...

Every map have multiple room to hide, with multiple ID Regions that you must chose.

When you enter in a map, directly into the event of the door, you can put there what region are used in that specific map, to hide rooms, before you are teleported.
So when you enter in that map, you will have only, for example, 1-2-3-4 id regions that hide 4 rooms...
When you will exit from the map, you can put near the teleport to reveal 1-2-3-4 id regions for "reset" it.

Isn't it better in this way, rather than have a parallel common event that continue to spam the command for reveal all the id regions that you use for other things? Continously?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are too much and this is a little unconfortable...

Every map have multiple room to hide, with multiple ID Regions that you must chose.

When you enter in a map, directly into the event of the door, you can put there what region are used in that specific map, to hide rooms, before you are teleported.
So when you enter in that map, you will have only, for example, 1-2-3-4 id regions that hide 4 rooms...
When you will exit from the map, you can put near the teleport to reveal 1-2-3-4 id regions for "reset" it.

Isn't it better in this way, rather than have a parallel common event that continue to spam the command for reveal the id regions? Continously?
Yes, I think it's better. I never talked about being parallel. Just a common event for you to not have to place an event on each map.
You can play this common event once when the player enter the map.
But I doubt if I really understand you.
There are fixed region numbers that you want to never hide? Or these region numbers that are not supposed to be covered, are dynamically per map?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Yes, I think it's better. I never talked about being parallel. Just a common event for you to not have to place an event on each map.
You can play this common event once when the player enter the map.
But I doubt if I really understand you.
There are fixed region numbers that you want to never hide? Or these region numbers that are not supposed to be covered, are dynamically per map?
Yes, fixed regions that i want to never hide... Ok, i understand what you mean now about the common event. You can run it only one time, when you start the game, it's not necessary in that way continue to put that on every map when you enter... Mh...

I don't know now what it's better... :(

P.S. However i found a strange line-pixels that appears if you run near the hidden zones... :/ You can see the map through this line... and it go right and left if you run in right and left directions... :/

I found a thread with this problem, without reply... https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dark-room-covers-help.115922/

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DarkSearinox92 Oh yes, that's true. You can run the common event at the start of the game, it will stay revealed the entire game. I had forgotten about that. So I think it is really better!

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@DarkSearinox92 Oh yes, that's true. You can run the common event at the start of the game, it will stay revealed the entire game. I had forgotten about that. So I think it is really better!
@Eliaquim Yeah, but... what about that damn bug? :(

However the better thing is a function in the plugin where you can specify what ID Region don't cover at the start...

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I found that the culprit is Yanfly Core Engine. Somebody is able to find the damn compatibility bug? <_> maybe resolution increased? ç_ç

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if anyone could throw a calculation process or alternative plugin together which accommodates looping maps? The video below shows what happens with this one (and it's the same with or without the extension):

Note that the blank preview is intentional - the video itself is okay, I just wanted to be extra precise with the demonstration. The places where the screen is completely blacked out (0:06 and 0:28) are within a certain range of the map edges (everything else works fine and nothing else is going wrong as the player can still move around until the visuals return).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think in the pursuit of making the game look and sound custom, we never really start making a game. Finish the game first using all necessary plugins (with placeholder assets), then replace it with the real ones.

I haven't finished a game, but I try this method. Progress seems to be faster. :D
Every now and then I think about all the things I need in my project, and get overwhelmed. Just focus on your tilesets, me. You can't build your maps without 'em!
If a picture speaks 1000 words, how many pictures does a video speak??
I don't really get the "Pass Interference" Flag in (American) Football. Aren't you SUPPOSED to interfere with passes in Defense?? What exactly is the threshold that warrants a Flag?
TS Zeta.. blow your ass east... I cant take a round 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parttimerpgmaker