Satariel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi, Im working on a ABS project which uses Khas's Awesome "Sapphire Action System IV" and  GGSlayer's "Dark Souls System".

I've got them to work pretty good together and has most of the wanted features done, but I want some help with how it handles your death.

My request:

I want it to autosave at an event I've called Bonfire (duh :p ) by a scriptcall, so no need to go into the savemenu and stuff, it just saves and overwrites the first slot, and gives you a few neat choices like Llvup and other stuff through ordinary eventing.
Then when you die you should be instantly transferred to the latest bonfire you visited (or rather got automatically saved on), here I would like some optional features like if it shall play some SE,  fade down, timer until it fades up at the bonfire again. Maybe if it should cost gold or items. on/off to remove the ordinary load/savegame scene from the menu. If the maimenu's "Continue" shall automatically load the autosave without going into the loading scene etc etc...

It's up to you how much time you want to put down into the script here but the basic optionals to get this exciting would be great.

heres the mainscripts im using, that I want supported by this new one. Lets hope all other random ones don't mess this thing up :p
http  ://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4918-sapphire-action-system-iv/&page=1
http  ://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/33224-dark-souls-system/

Hope someone feels that this sounds like a cool thing and that it's worth the time and hussle of coding it for me.

Thnx in advance! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You can easily do that with one of the autosave scripts in the master script list. And if you are making a game with only 1 save slot, things will be easier and less complex for your player too.

You might also want to look up for the ghost script as it seems what you want there is a revive point or ghost/spirit system similar to TSW.

Satariel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
uhm ok, might have missed those easy scripts then... Would be Nice if you could point me in the right direction about that autosave and ghostscript. Gotta check it up when i get home tomorrow

Satariel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Sorry Meow, but I cant get this to work... which autosave script did u have in mind? and what's the ghost/spirit script called?

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
I don't use others since i have my own that works on single save file the way i want it.

This comes with the event triggered autosave included, so you can easily set it up to save any time anywhere you want.

As for the Ghost script, it depends on how you wish to set it up. So you might end up using a few different scripts like map colour hue/tint to change the map to ghostly colour when the player is dead, non-game-over script that prevent game over when the main player is killed but turn him/her into a ghost. etc etc. There should be at least one doing that in the master script list, you just have to look it up. I can make one too but i won't be guarantee on the compatibility of it with those battle scripts you are using, if i am making one it will be standard format.

edit:

and depending on your eventing skill and how you set up your enemy encounter, the whole ghost thing can be done via eventing alone without the need of any scripts.

Satariel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Ok, well I've tried some autosave/autoload/whatever scripts now and found a combo that might work for what I'm trying to accomplish here. When I light the 'bonfire' I get to save (only one save slot available), but at the same time it enables a checkpoint which you will instantly continue at when you die... I'm trying to add some kind of fadeout and stuff before you 'reappear' at the checkpoint but haven't got it to work yet, you just instantly warp there :/

Tried your 'one save' too but I never got the loadfunction to work... didn't even see the save in the gamefolder so idunno what I did wrong there...

Hehe nah I'm still learning when it comes to eventing... made a game like 9 years ago and just restarted playing with RPGM a few weeks ago sooo I'm kinda rusty to say the least [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif[/IMG]

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Tried your 'one save' too but I never got the loadfunction to work... didn't even see the save in the gamefolder so idunno what I did wrong there...[IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif[/IMG]

The load will only show when there is a save file available.

Save file is named according to the setting part of the script, you can name it anything you want. eg. "save.dat"

To save is simple, simply call the save scene from the menu and it will automatically save. Calling the save scene using event command will autosave too.

edit:

You can also try the working example here:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyuubito31