Not open for further replies.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi everyone !

I have a little trouble. I just changed my iconset to a bigger one. I let the iconset from MV at the top of this new one to not change all the icons I already have assigned to speels or items. But, with this new iconset, I get an error in the console and a black square above the monsters when I'm in fight.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Um... It mentions something about "Orange Hud" not being able to find "MVC" so is that the issue? MVC is a requirement of using Orange Hud so did you add that recently? Because that is what is making the error, no idea about the black squares but the error is that.

Also while I'm here @Hudell, is "texImage2D" which is part of the error, meant to be "textImage2D", that might be partly to blame for the issue, but maybe not, I just wanted to check?!  ;)

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
No for Orange Hud, This don't come from it, I already tested with all the plugins desactivated ^^

And when I open the code with the error, I don't understand anything (I'm don't have a lot of knowledge in coding), that's why I come for help ^^

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm... Are you sure you get the same error with orange hud off? Can you show me the console when OH is off? (also lol, the initials spell Oh.)

It's just that the code says it's Orange Hud that is causing it and Web-GL stuff that I assume should be handled by Orange Hud or whatever MVC is.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French

Here, all the plugins are off.
But if i replace my custom iconset by the vanilla one, everything works fine. But, well, I would like to use the custom one x)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, um... At least that fixed the problem of the first error, oh well.

Um... if you're using a different size, it might not work, why don't you just re-size them to fit or find a plugin that lets you use bigger icons, it won't auto work with bigger icon sheet widths. 

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
When I put the vanilla iconset into photoshop, the icons was at at the same size as the others. I just added height.
But you give me an idea, I will try something.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've seen this before... did you change the first icon? Pretty sure it needs to be blank.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
At first it was occuped by an icon, but after I choose to put the vanilla Iconset the the top of the custom one, to avoid this problem. All the other icons are showing correctly in the menus. There is just this black square (also, if I give a state with an icon to the monster, it will still be black)

Edit : The width of the iconset is 512 pixels, it's the good size, right ? Is there any limit to the height ? (I have 20128pixels. )

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, from re-reading (and paying more attention), you're changing the size of the icons? That's definitely a no-go. That'll break stuff without plugins that allow it - they need to be 32x32 pixels.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
No, the icons are 32*32. They all are inside a 32*32 square in photoshop (in pixels of course)
(the squares you can see in the little photoshop part of the first screen are 48*48)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you sure you saved them as a .png and that they have an alpha channel? Otherwise it would do that probably.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like something is off with the transparency in your custom iconsheet.

The first position on the iconsheet has to be transparent, because it is always displayed as default - the problem is not that a black box is displayed, but that the black box is at the position of the iconsheet that is supposed to be fully transparent.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I save it as a PNG, but I don't really know about the alpha channel (not really used to photoshop^^) It's the fact that the background is transparent, right ?

Oh, I found something ! When i click on something called "alpha1" in the channels, the vanilla icons are all blanks, but a part of the custom ones have black background.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a wild guess, but try preloading the iconsheet with preload manager.

That message about OrangeHud is not a bug, it's just an "info" message saying that the hud is running without MVCommons.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I found something ! When i click on something called "alpha1" in the channels, the vanilla icons are all blanks, but a part of the custom ones have black background.
yes, that is probably part of the cause.

Most probably at some time you had the additional icons without transparency, filling all spaces with that color. If that has happened, then saving with transparency after that time will not restore the transparency again - you need to remove the non-transparent pixels to correct the problem.

Please check if you have any backup of that part of the iconset where the transparency is still intact, and work from that part again - everything else would be more difficult (you would have to delete the pixels from the icons without deleting the icons themselves)

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Just a wild guess, but try preloading the iconsheet with preload manager.

That message about OrangeHud is not a bug, it's just an "info" message saying that the hud is running without MVCommons.
I just update the TBBP_PreLoadManager, and set every parameter to "true", nothing changes

yes, that is probably part of the cause.

Most probably at some time you had the additional icons without transparency, filling all spaces with that color. If that has happened, then saving with transparency after that time will not restore the transparency again - you need to remove the non-transparent pixels to correct the problem.

Please check if you have any backup of that part of the iconset where the transparency is still intact, and work from that part again - everything else would be more difficult (you would have to delete the pixels from the icons without deleting the icons themselves)

Well, in that case, I will try to do this and see what happen, but tomorrow ^^ time to go to bed now =) Thanks a lot for the help, I will write here if it works or not (and maybe asking for more help xD)

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi guys ! I tested some things, but nothing worked. I really don't know what to do to make this dark suare dissapear... (Also, If I add a state to the enemy, the dark suare will still be there, and the icon of the state doesn't show up. But every other icons are working, like gold, spells, etc...)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
attach your latest iconset and we can see if we can correct its mistake

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
The icon set is not legal (it's for a private game, for me and my brother), so I don't think I can post it here. I send it to you via MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ