Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! so its already in the store listings. How did you manage that? 0.o

Added to favorites.
It was a stoke of luck and chance, I guess. The game wasn't originally intended to release on steam or big portals. Just aimed to be a commercial game for smaller stores. But we posted about it around in none-RM indie game communities and found a publisher who happened to be looking for a grass-root micro-indie dev to promote.

With their leverage, things become much easier. We set back the release date (originally planned to release around April) to improve the game, both visually and gameplay-wise and now it's all ready to go.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It was a stoke of luck and chance, I guess. The game wasn't originally intended to release on steam or big portals. Just aimed to be a commercial game for smaller stores. But we posted about it around in none-RM indie game communities and found a publisher who happened to be looking for a grass-root micro-indie dev to promote.

With their leverage, things become much easier. We set back the release date (originally planned to release around April) to improve the game, both visually and gameplay-wise and now it's all ready to go.
Interesting, either way good luck and I cant wait to play it! ^^

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The launch date is set to 17 October 2014.

The game's steam store page is now visible : CLICK HERE.

Just a few days left! :cutesmile:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thread updated!

Buy from Steam to get 20% off! : LINK

Buy from Gamersgate to get Exclusive Artworks : LINK

Please, feel free to leave your feedback and suggestions here :D

HaruAkira

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update :

We are now making an expansion to the game. Here is the gist :

- First of all, It will be a free add-on.
-Brand new storyline with 3-5+ hours of gameplay.
-New Skills, Weapons/Armours, enemies and dungeons
-General graphical update.

Cheers and thanks for your support! :D

HaruAkira

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! It's been a month since our release, so we hope you've given DarkEnd a go!

But that's not all we have to offer. A FREE expansion is on its way! We considered what players have said and decided to add in:

- An additional 5+ hrs of gameplay

- A brand new storyline in an elusive land called Avirdel

- New Skills, Weapons/Armours, enemies and dungeons
- Some graphical updates.

This expansion will be accessible once the player reaches the end of the original game :)

Here's what we have done so far. Please take a look!

EX%20Screenshot.png
The new title :)

EX-Screenshot.png

Our new battlers 

EX-Screenshot1.png

The beautiful land of Avirdel 

EX-Screenshot2.png

Finally some fresh air! 

EX-Screenshot3.png

Venturing through a sunlit forest
More updates about the expansion will be coming soon! Please let us know what you think. Thank you for all your support! :)

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
O_O woahhhhhhhhhhhh the game look awesomeeeeeeeeeee!!! Darkend is my inspiration after Petula! xD

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
update.jpg

DarkEnd ver 1.5 Released!!! (Steam Version)

DarkEnd ver 1.5 is released with Steam Achievements, new features and bug fixes!

Changelog

• Added 26 Steam Achievements! (Have fun hunting them!)
  • Added "Milestone Leveling System". Your characters will automatically level up as the story advances. A great feature for those who do not wish to grind for EXP.
  • Bugs from Fredrick Quest Hub are now fixed.
  • Stats for some enemies have been rebalanced
  • Added new musics!
  • A new battle AI for the hardest hidden boss.
  • Fixed minor mapping errors from several maps.
  • Added a tutorial board for reviewing several tutorials.
Steam%20Achievements.jpg

Milestone Leveling

DarkEnd is a traditional 2D RPG with dungeon-crawler and rogue-like elements. The game is heavily inspired by classic dungeon crawlers from the 90's and we made the game very hard and challenging to reflect that. However,we ended up alienating a lot of players who are new to dungeon-crawler RPGs as a result.

In ver 1.5, we added this new feature called "Milestone Leveling". Players who found the grinding process tedious, which is standard for most Dungeon-Crawlers, can now play the game completely free of grinding!

The update is now live! Please enjoy the game and happy hunting for new achievements!

Get it now on Steam! (75% OFF currently!)

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I guess ppl just didn't like the art. Rpg maker games are really having a hard time on steam it seems.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess ppl just didn't like the art. Rpg maker games are really having a hard time on steam it seems.
There are conflicting elements in the art-style we used and people found the inconsistency, annoying. Realistic Portrait art, Chibi Tutorial, water-color abstract title-art, Anime-like Cutscene and Old Comic style Battlers. So we are going to replace all the art in version 2.0 with realistic artwork with one constant style. :)

But for the sales, it's not bad for an RPG maker game. The only problem is this game is a dungeon-crawler and most typical RM-game customers are not familiar with the dungeon-crawler norms, (Brutal Battles, Random Nature, Slow pacing etc) and as a result, mixed opinion for the game. Something, I didn't foresee. :(

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
their just too picky if you ask me. i still have not gotten around to playing the full version. but the demo was awesome! "conflicting art " to me would be seeing a anime character in real life or a real person in anime (that one has been done once. never again!)

just keep up the great work! a developer being free to do as they please is part of what indie is if you ask me. that does not mean i would not complain if they cross certain moral lines tho

And agreeing with the next post. this is one of the most positive communitys i have ever seen.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Don't get discouraged, Somael. Steam is full of little kids and haters, just keep updating\improving the game while listening to the suggestions of the good people there, the positive votes will outnumber the negatives eventually. Good luck!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you keep updating the game I think ppl will really see the value of the game and that the dev actually cares.

their just too picky if you ask me. i still have not gotten around to playing the full version. but the demo was awesome! "conflicting art " to me would be seeing a anime character in real life or a real person in anime (that one has been done once. never again!)

just keep up the great work! a developer being free to do as they please is part of what indie is if you ask me. that does not mean i would not complain if they cross certain moral lines tho

And agreeing with the next post. this is one of the most positive communitys i have ever seen.

Don't get discouraged, Somael. Steam is full of little kids and haters, just keep updating\improving the game while listening to the suggestions of the good people there, the positive votes will outnumber the negatives eventually. Good luck!
Thank you all! That motivates me a lot! :D

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm if people are mentioning conflicting art, it's probably between the game and the cutscenes?  All the other conflicts seemed really minor to me and well, a lot of the old classic jrpgs had conflicts between the cutscenes and the game.  People sure let those games get away with a lot more than rpg maker games sometimes.

I was fine with the difficulty, I had it on valiant (which is probably too low for me), I'm the type of guy who will happily play notoriously difficult games to their completion if I like them enough though ;)

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I personally brought the game a couple of days ago, and finally found a little bit of free time to boot it up and play. I've got it on Valiant, and i'm loving the challange so far, now bare in mind I'm only about 45 minutes in, so I've probably not even SEEN challenging yet. But I am certainly excited now. 

I also don't really see that jarring of a difference in conflicting art. I've seen a lot worse combination of assets, so far they feel pretty good in my opinion. 

I think the moment people see RPG Maker they try to find every excuse under the sun to put the game down.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the moment people see RPG Maker they try to find every excuse under the sun to put the game down.
Amen to that, there's a surprising amount of reviews on steam and comments on greenlight that just say something like "Bad because RPG Maker".

It's kind of sad to see really :(

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Had to update the boy version's after making the girl XD
I've improved a bit since I did the first version so now the old version looks choppy and stiff XD
Once daily through Dec. 25, I'll be offering misguided and probably incorrect advice for your project. Currently accepting Badvent requests below.
BCj
Can't believe it's been a year since I woke up with 70% of my sight gone. Feels like I just started grieving and adjusting. I'm happy I can still do many things, but at times also frustrated at all the things I have to do different now
One day until Avery's calendar.... :kaojoy:
If I didn't miss one, we will have four amazing resource calendars this year: @Guardinthena 's, @GalacticGod 's, the one on the German forum and mine. Make sure you don't miss the goodies! ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polyaness