Nohilphy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Engliah
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello i was wondering what people use to keep there data safe online specifically all data related to rpg maker game development . Google cloud seems popular in general but is that the best option ? if anyone can let me prices for hosts to save data too that will be helpfull , i currently have less than a gig of data that i want to keep safe incase my hard drive ever is damaged or lost .

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cloud Storage MEGA is 50GB, free.
External drive is another option.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I periodically save is just the data files. That is the core of your game. Because when the data files corrupted, all is over. But if the resource files are lost, I can still use the placeholder. And the data files only took a few kb/mb.

I personally use Dropbox (2 GB ) and that is enough for me to keep one project (I only have one project after all)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you DO only use it as storage - don't develop your game in the same location that is syncing to the online storage - that is prone to file corruption issues.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use github. Getting it set up and overcoming the learning curve might seem daunting to some, but once you're past it, backing up your project is as simple as opening github desktop and clicking like 2 things.

One advantage of github over manually backing things up is that it has version control, so if you want to revert to an earlier version, you can with relative ease.

Nohilphy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Engliah
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks everyone!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coralath