Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

A recent bug has returned to me. "Data system cache bug/glitch."

In the past, I said, "First, I had a data cache glitch, but I fixed that by making a new game. Somehow it kept bringing back old events and resources that I replaced. I created a new game and transferred everything. That fixed it. "

This glitch has returned, but it only happens when compiling with a security script. Somehow my old resources (Sound, graphics, and etc) are being brought back. My one character sprite is using her previous sprite that I deleted and the same with my old above head balloon data. Somewhere my deleted resources are saved and my game is using that instead of my new resources. Which makes no sense because I deleted them. They no longer exist, but have been cached somewhere.

Is it possible that the system RGSS300.dll to store older information?

By renaming my character graphic, I fixed my character sprite. I can't do this with the balloon icons that I am aware of. I must name it, "Balloon." It is also using my old mp3 audio. Which I deleted and replaced with ogg. If I compile without the security script everything turns out fine. Renaming fixed 90% of the problem (Audio and graphics). Just not the balloon issue. (10%)

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I wish to delete that data that has been cached. I only realized this cache when using the security script and making a new game didn't get rid of the cache. The security script didn't cause this issue because I deleted those resources before using this script.

My last resort will be to reinstall RPG Maker ACE.

Sincerely,

ZEFK

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

No, it is not possible, unless you have brought something across from your old project, or you are saving projects over each other and not keeping them completely separate.

Please provide a link to the script you are using.

Do you have a legal version of the engine? This wouldn't be the first time I've heard of "weird" things happening because someone is using a hacked version - though on the other occasions, it's usually been an actual game, not the editor itself.

The moral of this story, I suppose, is don't start a new game to try and get around a problem. Figure out what the cause is, and resolve it, even if it means you need to get help to do it.

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

No, it is not possible, unless you have brought something across from your old project, or you are saving projects over each other and not keeping them completely separate.

Please provide a link to the script you are using.

Do you have a legal version of the engine? This wouldn't be the first time I've heard of "weird" things happening because someone is using a hacked version - though on the other occasions, it's usually been an actual game, not the editor itself.

The moral of this story, I suppose, is don't start a new game to try and get around a problem. Figure out what the cause is, and resolve it, even if it means you need to get help to do it.
It's a legal version I bought.

Script:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28990-est-encrypter/

It must be possible because resources that I deleted are coming back. Is the system RGSS300.dll always 1.03 MB within a compiled game? If I compile my project without the security script everything turns out fine. 

Note: This is a back up without the security script ever being installed. It has nothing to do with the data created when play testing with the security script. I didn't transfer any of the old data files to the newly created game. Somehow the security script finds the cached resources.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, okay ... I'm slightly familiar with that script (I know what it does, I've never used it).

It actually hides the resources away, with the intention that the player can't find it. So the effect you're seeing is the script doing exactly what it's meant to do. I guess you're just not really supposed to chop and change resources around while you're doing it.

Here are a couple of things you could try ... IF you have used the script as-is and not made any changes.

See if this folder exists: C:/Program Files/EST_GAMES

If it does, delete it.

Do a search for files with these names: AeWeLSeQRe or AeWeLSeQRe.dll

or with this extension: .est_media

If you find any, delete them.

That's the most basic thing I can pick up from the script. It's just removing any resources that might have been left over from previous plays.

The script specifically does not re-extract a resource if it's already been extracted. So as long as you're using this script, if you change resources, you will need to do the above steps to get rid of any previously-extracted resources with those names.

Might be an idea to disable the script during development, remove those files, then enable it again when you're sure you have all the resources you're going to need, and won't be chopping and changing again. After all, it's only really of benefit AFTER your game is released.

It really has nothing to do with the engine or with the RGSS300.dll - it's all that particular script. Which also explains why you still had the same problem once you started using the script with a brand new project.

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, okay ... I'm slightly familiar with that script (I know what it does, I've never used it).

It actually hides the resources away, with the intention that the player can't find it. So the effect you're seeing is the script doing exactly what it's meant to do. I guess you're just not really supposed to chop and change resources around while you're doing it.

Here are a couple of things you could try ... IF you have used the script as-is and not made any changes.

See if this folder exists: C:/Program Files/EST_GAMES

If it does, delete it.

Do a search for files with these names: AeWeLSeQRe or AeWeLSeQRe.dll

or with this extension: .est_media

If you find any, delete them.

That's the most basic thing I can pick up from the script. It's just removing any resources that might have been left over from previous plays.

The script specifically does not re-extract a resource if it's already been extracted. So as long as you're using this script, if you change resources, you will need to do the above steps to get rid of any previously-extracted resources with those names.

Might be an idea to disable the script during development, remove those files, then enable it again when you're sure you have all the resources you're going to need, and won't be chopping and changing again. After all, it's only really of benefit AFTER your game is released.

It really has nothing to do with the engine or with the RGSS300.dll - it's all that particular script. Which also explains why you still had the same problem once you started using the script with a brand new project.
That fixed the issue. I had no idea a C:/Program Files/EST_GAMES file was created. I thought data was only created in the data folder in the project.

Thank you again. I have another issue, but it is not related to this post. I will make a new one.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, if you read through the script documentation, but especially through the post you linked to, you'll see the reasoning on why there's a different folder and strange names.

Apart from writing issues if the player installs the game into Program Files, it would also be very easy for them to go to the game folder and get the resources after they've been extracted, which defeats the whole point of having the script :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I fiddled around a little with a layout for some kind of character cards to accompany the what the MZ RTP is missing so people can see at first glance which characters have which graphics. Just not sure if I really wanna do and maintain that for all the characters xD
card.png
Example is Kasey who is all RTP and some emos by 冷やっこ
With the uncertainty of when artists open/close their commissions, I'm keeping a long list of artists (whose work fits my game) to potentially contact for assets like busts and whatnot, and not expecting any particular artist to be available when I'm ready to start commissioning (which will probably be well before I finish my game, to make time for commission waits and actual art making).

A cat that is not afraid of water. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)
All the artists on here always share their art, and I wanted to partake in the sharing. I wanted to show off the album art for my game's soundtrack while also showing off this song. I wanted to take a break from all the pianos/strings/jazz. I experimented with some side-chaining techniques to modulate the dub-step like synth.
Crazy idea to help people be more productive. We all upload a photo of someone who is good at nagging, cajoling, guilting, etc. you into doing what you should be doing. Then, after you have posted X amount of times in a defined period, that photo pops up with the text of "Shouldn't you be working on your game?" Just for fun.:wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoTuDios