Kagemaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

My game's database is a mess right now. Finding a certain item or skill can be a real challenge sometimes. -_-

I started searching on google for a database organizer plugin but I couldn't find anything useful.
I did find a database Organizer plugin but unfortunately, it was for VX Ace... T.T Here's a link to the plugin I'm taking about.

I want this plugin to do everything the VX Ace plugin linked above can do.
In other words, it should be able to move around the stuff in the following sections of the database without affecting the already existing events in game:

Actors
Classes
Skills
Items
Weapons
Armors
Enemies
Troops
States
Animations
Titesets
Common Events
Types
Switches
Self Switches
Variables

Just in case the explanation I gave above wasn't good enough, here's an exemple that I took from the post in the link above:
You have an event that gives the player one Potion. You later decide to cut and paste the Potion with the Antidote to swap them in the database. Now, anything that referred to the Potion will refer to the Antidote (and vice versa) since they were tied to the item ID, not the item. The event I mentioned will now give the player one Antidote instead of one Potion. This script allows you to swap the Potion with the Antidote while preserving all of the references you've made to both items in your project.
I sock at everything code related, so I don't know if a plugin like this would be hard to do, but one thing I do know is that having a database organizer plugin for MV would be very helpful for a lot of people!!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I sock at everything code related, so I don't know if a plugin like this would be hard to do
As someone who've been engaged with this, yes, it is going to be hard to do. Possible, but tedious. The fact that it is possible to do in Ace, it should be possible to do in MV, however, it is hard to do. Not to mention, the script will NOT change the reference to any external plugin you're using. So if a plugin references an ID in the database, you still have to change it manually.

I do wish the next RM could do a sort or filter for database for the easier organization though. So the ID remains the same, only the display is different.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking about that these days...
I manage to organize a little bit reference the items, variables and switchs with their names instead of Id.
But for that, I have to use script call for everything.

Sure it's possible, that when you change something in database, when you playtest the game it would change the json file that reference the item.
I think someting like that would work. But this requires that the item/variable/enemy not be referenced by it's iD, and yes by their name.
At least in my idea to implement this, thats how I think in short.

Kagemaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the really late reply!

Thanks for the answers, guys!

So it's possible to make one but it would be difficult, huh? That means the chances that someone actually make this plugin for free are pretty slim... That really socks. :/ And I'm guessing that paying someone to do it would cost a lot, right?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was actually thinking of making something like this myself, but it wouldn't be straight away. I think I actually started making one in Ace, but then the one above was released, so I didn't keep working on it.

Kagemaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even if it takes a while, it would be great to have a plugin like this for free!
If possible, please notify me when you release it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Until it is released what you may need to do is make a backup of your project, then organize it the hard way. It will take a while but the sooner you do it the less painful it is.

Kagemaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're right. I'll work on it as soon as I have a good amount of free time(probably next weekend). Thanks for the advice, bgillisp! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Decasus