Dating apps. Have you tried any?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by gomes766, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Helladen

Helladen Deviant Designer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    OKC was the only one that worked. Tinder rarely works. I was going to make a dating app, because of how poorly the others were effective in creating matches. The problem with dating apps is that they are too flooded with people who are not really wanting to date, but rather girls who want their social medias and such to grow. Begging for money. Looking for a sugar daddy, etc. catfishing just to name a few.

The problem with dating apps mostly comes from the fact that you aren't by the person, can throw them away and move onto the next person easily. Meaning, it is filled with psychopathic individuals. It makes people never find dates, or rather find dates with the guys who are the best with pickup lines. Smooth talking and being a complete fake. Guys in my generation are more desperate than any generation making girls disinterested in most people since they judge you instantly.

IMVU works pretty good for finding a date. I trust in that more than any dating app, I actually found someone in a few days of casual use.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  2. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Helladen : That's a good point about many people on dating apps not being there for actual dating but rather for likes, attention, or fans/subscribers. I even came across someone one time who was simply looking for clients that were willing to pay for naughty webcam chats with her. And also there are those who maybe once used it for dating, but then found someone and never really closed their profile. There are a lot of inactive profiles on these apps. Most dating apps aren't moderated, so it's a good idea to go for those that actually do profile validation checks on the members.

3. Philosophus Vagus

Philosophus Vagus The drunken bird dog of rpg maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't really have the patience for them. Tried a few, Tinder pisses me off because most everybody is just looking for someone to screw, Eharmony and it's many clones tend to cash trap and you never know if the people you message are actually getting your messages or if say they can't talk back because they aren't paying as much as you or whatever. A lot of profiles are inactive, others are just looking for publicity or advertising (sexy webcam stuff etc.) I'm sure they can be great for people that are more into that kind of stuff but I just don't have the patience to either wade through all the overwhelming number of profiles to find the ones that would appeal or to build my own profile up enough to shine out...also most of the people I've been hooked up with tend to have very similar political beliefs that are somewhat antithetical to mine (truthfully it's more mine are antithetical of theirs, I didn't realize just how seriously people took their political dogmas till girls I asked out online started calling me a nazi because I answered political affiliations by saying I'm libertarian).

Honestly, what I've had the most positive experience with when it comes to getting dates is something very simple...I walk my dogs at public parks sometimes. Can't tell you how often the mere presence of a dog sparks a nice conversation with a woman jogging, or walking her own dog or whatever. Not saying I actually go to the dog park specifically to get dates or anything...but it happens.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Lornsteyn and Matseb2611 like this.
  4. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Something like that happened to me once when I--don't laugh...

walked my cat.

He liked walking. He was a good cat.

5. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried most of them and always had bad dates. I stopped altogether because it was a waste of time and it seems im a creep magnet :\
    I used to worry about becoming a spinster but now that I'm 35 and too old for foolishness i gave up on dating life

Computer Blue is my bae for now and forever. XD

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    samkfj and Lornsteyn like this.
  6. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't give up. Never surrender.

kaukusaki and Matseb2611 like this.
  7. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I tried datingchats for a short time when I was 16, but nowadays I really dont care.
    I let destiny choose my partner and if nothing happens, so be it.

samkfj likes this.
  8. samkfj

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

kaukusaki likes this.
  9. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    By the by if anyone wants some friendly tips on Tinder, I've got over 70 matches and I've been on several dates. Would anyone be interested? I think they can apply to any dating app to be honest.

10. Fungii

Fungii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I messed on OKC in the past, wrote out a whole bio and everything, and I admit I had a bit of a power trip lol. Dudes were firing off just "hey how are you" "hey bb" messages even after I gave multiple interests and hobbys (like videos games. animes. its right there.), and in order to filter out who actually gave a dayum I added "send me lyrics to "Year 3000" by Busted to prove you read this to the final notes section.

But then that just enhanced the power trip.
    This was years ago though and I've since come to the realisation I'm not actually that concerned about dating. Doesn't stop me getting nagged for grandkids tho.

samkfj likes this.
  11. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    My good friend met his gf on Tinder. She's from Ukraine but now they live together. He even read an article about How to text a Ukrainian woman with useful tips when they just started dating. I registered on Tinder too not so long ago and I've already had a few matches with nice girls.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019