RMVXA Dauðra Dura (the doors of the dead) One map ten events entry

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Canini, May 27, 2018.

1. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Dauðra Dura

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
    • His home village attacked by a giant ogre, driven from his home and out of options a young rabbit heads for Helgafjell, the abode of the dead...
    • This is a gaiden game of sorts for a norse fantasy rpg called Alex and Adva that I am currently working on. After having people playtest that one it became obvious that I needed to finetune the usage of spells and buffs a little bit to make them fun to use. To make sure the game did not get to big in scope I decided to make it a entry for the one map event! Please be aware that this is an action rpg using a custom version of Pearl's ABS script. It is not really combat-focused (there are only two battles, one of them optional) but emphasizes exploration and using tools to overcome puzzles. The genre is suspense/horror and hopefully a good little character-building tale in the faraway land of norse myth!

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
    • Swiftdale
      [​IMG]
      A young Skosven (servant) to the local lord, he seeks his father's magic to help against the invading ogres.
    • Alex
      [​IMG]
      A mighty magician that died long ago, and Swiftdale's father. Will he still be able to help?

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
    • After having his hometown attacked by ogres Swiftdale has no other choice. He must go to Helgafjell, the abode of the dead and seek his father's magic. Will Swiftdale make it down from the mountain cold in time to stop the ogres or will his bravery leave him, and the dead take him?

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    • This game takes place after the main game I am currently working on (Alex and Adva). It is set in a comedic world based on norse mythology called Granngård.

Controls

Z interacts with objects
    X Opens the menu
    A Jumps
    M opens the spell and item menu

CREDITS

Swiftdale:
    Mint Bunny faceset made by Imperial-France edited by gmestanley
    Sprite by Maiko's rabbits at FSM from Apprentice Geisha

Alex:
    Made by capraqueen edits by Oozart
    Sprite by Plueschkatze