Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dauðra Dura
(The doors of the dead)

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • His home village attacked by a giant ogre, driven from his home and out of options, a young rabbit heads for Helgafjell, the abode of the dead...
  • This is a gaiden game of sorts for a norse fantasy rpg called Alex and Adva that I am currently working on. Please be aware that this is an action rpg using a custom version of Pearl's ABS script. It is not really combat-focused (there are only two battles, one of them optional) but emphasizes exploration and using tools to overcome puzzles. The genre is suspense/horror and hopefully a good little character-building tale in the faraway land of norse myth!

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOAD LINK

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
  • Swiftdale

A young Skosven (servant) to the local lord, he seeks his father's magic to help against the invading ogre king.

• Alex

A mighty magician that died long ago, and Swiftdale's father. Will he still be able to help?

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
  • After having his hometown attacked by ogres Swiftdale has no other choice. He must go to Helgafjell, the abode of the dead and seek his father's magic. Will Swiftdale make it down from the cold mountain in time to stop the ogre king or will his bravery leave him, and the dead take him?

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
  • This game takes place after the main game I am currently working on (Alex and Adva). It is set in a comedic world based on norse mythology called Grangard.

Controls

Z interacts with objects
X Opens the menu
A Jumps
M opens the spell and item menu
Shift runs

CREDITS

Swiftdale:
Mint Bunny faceset made by Imperial-France edited by gmestanley
Sprite by Maiko's rabbits at FSM from Apprentice Geisha

Alex:
Made by capraqueen edits by Oozart
Sprite by Plueschkatze

Falcao Pearl's ABS Script
Galv's jump Script

Music by Eric Matyas

Last edited:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have made some adjustments to this game and would love to hear people's thought on it. It still uses only ten events and takes about twenty minutes maximum to complete. Largest changes are the use of custom music and some changes to the abs script in order to make navigation of the game map easier. The poetry of the game has been brushed up a bit as well (everybody speaks in verse). I have edited the OP to reflect this. I would be willing to play something of yours in return as long as it is of comparable lenght and complexity.
If you are not interested in playing I would still love it if you took a look at my playthrough in the spoiler and tell me what you think about the character interactions and the mood of the game.

People that know me by now probably already guesses that this game is based on norse myth, which is indeed true. The game is based on the poem Groagaldr:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grógaldr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.
So I tried composing a battle theme for the Linear Motion Battle System that I'm probably going to implement into my game. I really love real time combat, and I think that this theme might help give some energy to battles. Tell me what you think of it in the comments! Also, please do not use my music in your games.
My LMBS battle theme
* Me start speak in voice chat
"Lol, you're actually a girl?!"
(But I'm a guy tho... well, let's just pretend and see how long it will last)
* Years has passed... I have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealElohim