DaveyBriteRpg - Musical Creation!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by DaveyBriteRPG, Apr 27, 2017.

1. DaveyBriteRPG

DaveyBriteRPG Music Producer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Blackyu.
    Battle Themes are my favourite themes to produce!
    By alll means, reply here with some more information and some video references and i'll let you know when i've started.

2. Blackyu

Blackyu Professional Procrastinator and proud to be !

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright, I've written the Character's description and things about the music needed, both in spoilers :

Alright, so the baddy that needs a music is named Bob von Boursemann. He is an arrogant and spoiled brat of German origin, and he is the Baron (= Leader) of the huge von Boursemann empire. This family is so powerful that no authority, not even the Mentor (= Influent City Leader) can stop it. Bob himself is not the worst in his family, but that doesn't stop him from being incredibly determined and full of grudges. He wants to take out the Mentor, but has been unable to. Instead, he chooses to send his own private spy group (The Von Boursemann Network) to observe the Chosen-One-like hero that the Mentor has sent on a journey. Of course, the hero ends up noticing that he was being watched, and destroyed a lot of important members from the Von Boursemann Network, which makes Bob mad. And, seing how spoiled he has been with the loads of money from his predecessors (and mostly from his deceased father Karl), he'll launch a lot of operations to hinder or stop your progress completely. Of course, none of those operations work for a long time and, with every single von Boursemann taken out, the hero has to fight Bob.
    Now, Bob von Boursemann has 2 boss phases, and I already have music for the first one, I need the second phase:
    In the first phase, Bob is as arrogant as he has ever been, sitting nonchalantly on his throne, grinning, mocking the hero, and other stuff. Then, as you keep beating him, he starts doubting. Now, that's important, because that might be the first time where he's doubting his abilities. Finally, when you hit him enough, he suddenly realizes that his whole family, his entire empire, his legacy and his honor are all at risk and could be wiped away in the blink of an eye because of the hero. He makes a gigantic tank burst through the wall, and shoots it repeatedly, hoping to kill the main character in the process. This doesn't work and the main character is injured, but not dead. Bob then emerges from the remains of his tower, and boils with rage as he sees the main character still alive. With messed-up hair, tears on his clothes, a darkened frown and a serious tone, Bob is barely recognizable. He then pulls out a gigantic sword from the debris and is ready to fight. That's when you see the true Bob. He is one of the last antagonists in the game, and surely one of the strongest giant-sword-warriors since Cloud. Second phase has begun.

As for the music, I'd be looking for an epic orchestra-like music. Something that would immediately tell the player that it's not Bob anymore, it's The Baron Bob von Boursemann. In this fight, The Baron wants to keep his honor. A billion gold or two lost, he wouldn't care, but now his influence is fading. The music must make the player feel like they can finally defeat this once too powerful human being, but only if they manage to beat him in his current, determined, full-potential phase.
    At first, I had a battle theme for this phase, and you can find it here. But then I decided to use that music for another enemy. If you're looking for how I imagine the theme to be, you can just browse tukito's list of BossBattle music, they represent, for the most part, the feeling I want the player to feel when they fight an enemy as badass as True Bob.

Also, don't worry, I'm not asking you to do a super ultra mega alpha omega ultimate quality music, I'm not that demanding. And even if the music doesn't correspond to what I was waiting for, don't worry, I'll find a use for it somewhere. =D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok, so we're looking for doom with a glimmer of hope.
    Do you want me to stick to the traditional beat with teh orchestral? (Final fantasy 7 boss style) or shall i go ahead and see what happens?

4. Blackyu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @DaveyBriteRPG Well, you can try to just go ahead and see what you can create in the process.

Also, you've summarized my text quite well, but maybe a little more hope than a glimmer. The music should tell the player:
    "This guy's a badass.
    This fight is manageable but hard.
    Now die. =)"

DaveyBriteRPG likes this.
  5. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    umbralshadows likes this.
  6. NehpetsYar

NehpetsYar Warper

First Language:
    English
    I just had to pop on and say you produce some really amazing stuff. What you're doing for the community is a godsend, and I just want to let you know that I appreciate every piece you release.

7. umbralshadows

umbralshadows the silks angel

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My free request-

Genre- Theme song. Starts slow. Epic build-up. Strong main melody.
    Mood- Emotional/Powerful, not too happy more uh longing? Haunting??
    Tha beginning part can just be looped over from beginning to middle (for menu) an then tha rest of tha song/build up for more powerful cutscenes in tha game. I don't know if ya can make tha beginning loop back into itself but still make where I can use tha full song for later parts?

Song example for mood-

8. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you very much dude, it's really nice to hear that so, thank you for taking the time !

Hello umbral, i wondered when your request qas going to appear. :p
    I'll let you know when its completed.

Edit:-
    It is done!
    You can view it here :
    and download it here : https://www.mediafire.com/?f2i4wxxumykkmnw

I hope this is emotional enough :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  9. Blackyu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    OH. MY. MUSTACHE.
    EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED.
    Congrats on this musical work ! I especially like the main melody at the beginning, really sets the tone of "oh no, difficult boss is triggered. :kaoback:"
    But the rest's just as good too ! You did a great work keeping the melody alive, but not at all repetitive ! The community thanks you for your excellent and totally free tracks !! :kaojoy:

10. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Blackyu
    I am glad you like it!
    Have to admit, i haven't enjoyed producing a track like in a long time, was a pleasure!

11. umbralshadows

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yer stuffs always top notch yo. This'll be perfect in my game (tha one I'm makin' for that game jam thing) :kaojoy:I'll probably use all yer free stuff for it cuzz its that good man.

12. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice one Umbral :)

Be sure to send me some snippets from time to time of your game in motion. Id love to see and hear it together :D

13. umbralshadows

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pretty sure game jam games are gone a be streamed by that team thats hosting it on there youtube channel but yeah I'll have it for free here to man. (My names Umbra by tha way if ya want a call me that instead of Umbral)

14. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have no idea who that is, (youtueb channel) But if you could provide me with a link when its streamed that could be cool?
    Umbra is good also :)

15. umbralshadows

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just dropping by to say that I asked for a battle theme to go with a particular dungeon theme, and DaveyBrite did an excellent job, very promptly, with no hastle. I recommend him.

17. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @umbralshadows Nice one, i'll take a butchers. Whats your game called?

@Kes Thank you very much, your words are kind! :)

And just as a reference, I've left a link on my main post that will enable anyone to donate something.
    Anything is a bonus.
    You don't have to but just know that anything you do contribute will be put towards software and samples to make your free music, better.

Thanks for your support :)

18. umbralshadows

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DaveyBriteRPG - My Game jam game will be called Aibou. Just hope I can finish it up in time. I'm new ta game making so I'm havin ta learn as I go yo. I already picked out all tha tracks I'll be using for it of yers to. Including that custom piece for tha title screen an a pretty important part of a later scene :kaojoy:

19. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    aww i feel honoured !
    Cant wait to see it!!

20. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!
    DaveyBriteRPG has had a change in the way it deals with its music.
    Please read the revamped first page for more information :)