DaveyBriteRpg - Musical Creation!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by DaveyBriteRPG, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi there man, I love your tracks. Would you help me out with a little piece I need?

Genre: Fantasy/Medieval
    Instruments Required: I don't know which one would work better, but if I had to choose I would say... violins and trumpets?
    Reference Track: I'll edit this post and add a reference later, I'm still unsure about what I want so it's going to be pretty much up to your creativity
    Brief description of the scene. Include any emotion or atmosphere you require: In this scene, the main character is reading a letter. The player reads the letter as it moves on the screen (like the ending credits). The letter starts off with vague information, but then it reveals stuff that are very important, you know, bad news (like a kingdom has been invaded or something). I want the track to reflect that; something that starts very calm but then it turns a bit more epic/dark.

DaveyBriteRPG likes this.
  2. DaveyBriteRPG

DaveyBriteRPG Music Producer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Orb
    Hey yea i'll definitely work on something for you.
    This sounds like a typical scene from FF12 when we're being narrated about arcadian forces... (not sure if youve played it)
    Should be pretty simple ^^

Orb likes this.
  3. Orb

Orb Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @DaveyBriteRPG omg are you kidding me? That's my favorite FF game!!! :kaojoy:How did that theme not come to my mind before?:LZSjoy: Yes! Something like that would work perfectly, the game is actually quite inspired by FF12 :)

4. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    haha sweet, hit the nail on the head there!

I'm currently playing the remastered version and it was the first thing that came to mind.
    This Zodiac system has made is so much easier its actually fun now :')

Orb likes this.
  5. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This was ripped straight for my resource request, I look forward to seeing what you can do with this!

Resource Type:
    Music!

Maker Format: MV

Music Style: Dark battle music with only piano

Description: In my game, the main music track is just a light piano, and I thought it would be jarring to transition to a traditional battle theme. I'm looking for a simple battle track that uses only piano to match the other song in my game. I want the song to be dark and haunting, making the player feel tense and uneasy during the battle. Some more information about the setting - you are are in damp, dimly lit cave, fighting to survive. The whole game has an ominous feeling, and I definitely want that for the battle music as well.

For the victory music, a simple trill upwards should suffice. Something subtle, but comforting.

Reference Songs: Here is a link to the songs that I'm using in my game, so you can get a better idea of what I'm going for.
    I've also included a youtube video of a piano battle song, although it's more "over the top" and not "Dark and ominous", I really like the melody at 0:20 and thought it could work as a battle theme. Also, you don't have to be nearly as epic as the video portrays XD

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...tracks-for-dark-atmosphere.83702/#post-796283

In Exchange: I don't have much graphical talents, but I'd be happy to playtest your game, give you feedback on story ideas, help event a complex system, or anything else you might ask. Thanks for your time!

6. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just an update.
    I currently have 2 edits for you guys @Orb @GoodSelf

I will post the finishied product up once it's completed, jsut want you to know that i havent forgotten you!

If you'd like to hear the current progress, you can add me via skype or discord.
    Skype - dave.o29
    Discord - Lexi#7347

Feel free! :)

EDIT:
    @GoodSelf Here is your track. I hope that it's dark enough for you. Decided to go for a slow build into a hyped fight. I did howver, add a tiny tiny harmony synth just to compliment the pianos. I think it works well but let me know what you think.

@Orb Yours is a little more complex than pianos, so yours will be uploaded asap.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Orb and GoodSelf like this.
  7. Koulucky

Koulucky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Maker Format: MV
    Music Style:
    Character Theme
    Instruments Required: Idk, use whatever you see fit.
    Reference Track:
    From 0:52 onwards
    Description:
    The theme of my game's villain, Vocivus. He is a god-like humanoid entity who wants to end all emotion by basically mind-controlling everyone. His theme should be calm yet menacing, and reflect his goal of domination, and his calm, seemingly emotionless personality. However, behind his non-sentimental facade, there is one emotion he feels: hate, hate for emotions, and hate for himself.

8. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @GoodSelf
    Here is the updated track, i have fixed the static issue and also made it so that the track will loop flawlessly in your maker.

Please let me know of any other problems if you find any :)

@Koulucky
    I am looking forward to this one, big time!

GoodSelf likes this.
  9. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey everybody,
    So for the past few days me and another musician from this site decided to collaborate and see what we could produce.
    Turns out, we are like minded to to the tee.. and our music sounds so much better together!

We have decided to join forces and we are now under the Alias, "Masamune"

Please take a look, and if you enjoy it.. please press that like and share button!

Orb likes this.
  10. Orpheus

Orpheus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Greetings!

I'd like to make a request (after coming from the RR threads), so here it is:

Genre: Main Battle Theme for tactical RPG (in the likeness of Fire Emblem)
    Instruments Required: Violins, Trumpets, etc. I think orchestral instruments would work best for this, if that's not too much to ask.
    Reference Track:
    (the pace and instruments are what really fit for me)
    Brief description of the scene. Include any emotion or atmosphere you require: The emotion behind this song is meant to be valiant clash of blades between two or more equally strong forces. There is often a mystical feel to the battles/song as well (at least, how I envision hearing it). It being an intense battle, every single action matters immensely: every swing, every step, every casting, etc. One wrong step could be the end, so both sides give it there all to best their opponent in a battle of blades.

The feeling I'd like to convey is best seen with the usage of the song here:

If any other info is required, I'd be happy to provide.

11. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Good afternoon everyone.
    After some time away for personal reason, i am now able to spend a little time back on the music wagon!
    I would like to only work on 1 at a time, so if you feel like you would like some more music please post your requests here again :)

12. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Eager to begin some new tracks dudes! and dudeettes!

13. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Anyone fancy some free tracks or free re-mastering of any older tracks?

It's getting closer to the summer, and the grass is willowing in the wind... the beams are blinding you as you walk, but the beasts care not for distraction... only exploit....

Exploit this summer event as the beasts of your fantasy world exploit your players weaknesses!

Free tracks, free re-mastering of my track list, or sound effects!

Get em whilst it's literally hot!

Enjoy this Summer Event.

This event will end on the 28th of May 2018. Just post your requests as standard :)

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Great, I'm first!

So here goes.
    Setting: Below a mountain, so dark passages, slightly claustrophobic. Dungeon theme, so a bit of a sense of urgency and danger, but it's almost the first dungeon (there's been a mini one before this, but nothing much) so can't be too 'epic' in feel, otherwise it's difficult to ramp up the danger factor later in the game.
    Instrumentation: Lower tones to reflect that it is underground, so things like cello, bassoon, though it doesn't have to actually be those, just mentioned as an indication. Not electric guitar.
    Reference track: Can't actually find one, though maybe the 'Landow' one I sent you on another occasion would serve as an example of the general tempo.
    Length etc. 1:30 minutes, looping, ogg.

I think that's all, but if I've missed out anything obvious, let me know.

And thank you for this great event.

15. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Was waffling on this; figured I might as well go for it if you're offering.

Genre: ...I'm horrible at identifying genres. Symphonic/Orchestral Metal, I guess? In any event, I'm looking for a final boss theme.
    Instruments Required: Organ, Strings, Guitar, maybe a little Piano. I'd prefer something more orchestral with the metal instrumentation serving to embellish the orchestral instrumentation, if that makes sense. Maybe some ticking clocks in the background?
    Reference Track: Ultra Necrozma Remix by FalKKonE. Another reference would be Balmung from the Future Steampunk DLC, though that's paid DLC so I can't link that here.
    Brief description of the scene. Include any emotion or atmosphere you require: Basically, this is a final boss theme, meant to played during the second form of the boss where its weakness has been exposed and the party can actually defeat it. So I'm looking for something of equal parts somber, intimidating, and hopeful, with the opening sounding religious. The first half of the song would be the more intimidating half, while the hopeful/encouraging bit would be the second half. The whole track would have the feel of everything riding on this battle, and with neither side willing to go down without a fight.
    Length: Around two minutes, maybe? However long you feel it needs to be.

16. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @D.L. Yomegami
    heya dude!
    I dont have a great deal of guitar samples in my library, and my friend that used to do the guitars for me has dropped off the radar.. like a lot of people seem to do!

I do have this https://soundcloud.com/user-525551886-142615146 Which you could possibly use for free.

If thats not what you are looking for, i can still make the same feel in a track for you, just not as guitarish as youd like.
    Sorry about that,
    please let me know what you'd like :)

17. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's not quite what I'm looking for (though it might work for the first phase). I was looking for something that has the guitar being more of a background instrument, with the main parts of the song being done with the other instruments. The guitar appears to be the main instrument in that particular song.

I'm not particularly attached to the guitars, or any other of the instruments really. The actual composition and its accompanying tone and emotion is what's really important to me; if you get that down I'll be happy.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  18. I_Has_Popcorn

I_Has_Popcorn Kathendal Leader Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there! You are what I require at this point in time.
    Genre: I wouldn't know what to call it
    Instruments Required: Violin, cello.
    Reference Track:
    Brief description of the scene. Include any emotion or atmosphere you require:
    This is a character theme. The magician's theme.
    Always wandering to find something he lost long ago. He has become sorrowful, but he carries on. But then he meets ___! Which gives him hope again.
    This theme will play whenever you encounter him within game. Anywhere at all. He can be sorrowful or generally calm most of the time. Short but sweet.
    I require this to be loopable, any length will be fine though.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  19. DaveyBriteRPG

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for your requests guys.

I will complete these 3 before i continue to take more requests, thanks for your patience!

edit:
    @Kes How does this sound buddy?

If you like it, feel free to hit that download button underneath the track or message me and i'll prepare a loopable ogg for you. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is excellent. Thank you for another great track, this will fit in just fine.