Dawn of Alcieste

manana12

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, I am currently working on a project named Dawn of Alcieste for RM2k3 and currently creating our first Demo.
Altough I have some questions.

The game is being made in RM2k3 as to preserve retro elements, depending on how the game is received we will work on other engines.

Anyways, the doubts we have are:
1. If we already purchased RM MV and Ace along with 2k3 for steam, can we use assets from the other engines on RM2k3 for commercial use?
2. Is it required to make a credit screen in the game for a short Demo? Or as long as we give credit on the download page?
3. Is there a way to legally protect the game and resources created and used in the demo?

I would like to share the demo with people from this community for some feedback, but I don't know where to start, I'm only good at spritting and using the engine.

Cheers!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Games in Development is where you can share your game. Since that's not what you're doing here...

I've moved this thread to RM2k3 Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Regarding your questions:
1) Yes, you can as long as those terms allow commercial usage (99% do, but not all of them). They're not optimized to work in RM2k3 though, so you might have to edit them.
2) Both are okay I guess, but I prefer the former option. You could also add a txt file with your credits in it to your download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...
This is on the Amazon page for the FF7 Remake: 'If you get the game early, please think of others and don't spoil it for them. Please don't post videos or screenshots of the game until it is officially on sale on April 10.'
Gave my avatar an update, stay safe, people!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimmykittycat