RMMV Dawn Of Orion - Shadows Beckoning

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
title crest smaller version.png

Welcome to Dawn of Orion - Shadows Beckoning!
SYNOPSIS
  • In a time when hope is the only light keeping the darkness at bay, a young hero, summoned by destiny, ravaged by tragedy must brave the path that has been set before him. Torn between the ones he loves and the worlds fate, how will the hero fair when an ancient evil lurking in the shadows is pulling the strings of destiny to seize the power to quench the light with eternal darkness.

"Wherever the light may shine, darkness shall consume!
    Wherever peace is abounding , war shall ravage!
    Wherever love is felt, hate shall conquer!
    Wherever life is blooming, death shall swallow!"

Game Play Features

Emotionally driven storyline.
    Custom Music by Furchamp and Bakuda
    Custom portraits.
    Custom sideview battler sprites
    No random encounters.
    ABS side-view battle system.
    Tactical battle style which means every move has to be thought out and every weakness exploited.
    Build your own base.
    Day and night events.

CHARACTERS
  • Name - Alex
    Age - 9
    Profile - Son of Damon and Clara. Despite his age, Alex shows great talent with the sword, often found training alone to hone his skill, much to the reluctance of his mother, Clara. He takes great pride in his signature red cape which he feels makes him look like a real adventurer, it is very rare to see him without it, even when sleeping. Whilst very bold and friendly, Alex does have a tendency to overestimate his skill which sometimes leads him into troublesome situations.
  • "I will surpass my Father one day and be the legend he once was and still is."

Alex1_1bust.png

Name - Alexis
    Age - 7
    Profile - Daughter of Damon and Clara. Alexis is a bright girl who unlike her brother believes that a strong mind is more important that a strong arm. You can guarantee that wherever you see her, she will be buried in a book, although this doesn't diminish her love of the outdoors and animals. Despite her constant teasing of Alex, she holds a deep love and respect for him, especially after the incident.
  • "My brother can be such a pain at times, but his determination inspires me to be the best I can be."
    Actor_2.png

Name - Damon
    Age - 48
    Profile - Damon is an ex-soldier who in his prime used to be the captain of the Kings Grand Knights. After decades of war he chose to retire, and not long after, married Clara and started a family. They live a quiet life, secluded in the mountains where he now works as a blacksmith, making weapons and armour for the King, as well as doing the odd job now and again. Despite having a good standing there are those who still question his mysterious departure from the Kings army.
  • "The world is full of darkness, and I am the light that shall pierce the shadows."
    Actor_3.png

Name - Clara
    Age - 39
    Profile - After retiring from the Grand Knights as Damon's second in command, Clara decided that starting a family was her next calling and settled down with Damon. After giving birth to Alex and Alexis, Clara embraced the housewife lifestyle, often saying that her greatest joy in life was to raise her two children away from the lifestyle she had known most of her life. As gentle as they come, Clara is not to be messed with. Behind her innocent smile, lies a fearsome heart.
  • "I vowed that I shall never again shed the blood of another. My children shall know a world that I never knew."

• Actor_4.png

I understand the first bust conflicts with the rest. That is because I am in the process of having my character artwork re-done.
WORLD SETTING
  • Although it has been many years since the great Chaos war, the continent of Cosolaris still bares the scars of that tragic day when mans heart was put to the test. The Chaos Crusaders, a band dedicated to resurrecting the great evil that once brought destruction to the land has been kept at bay thanks to the efforts of the King's Grand Knights. Though they been quiet for some time now, rumours are stirring that with the arrival of the next chosen just around the corner, the Chaos Crusaders have begun to stir once again, set on stopping all hopes of bringing an end to the great evil which grows more and more restless with each passing day.

SCREENSHOTS
Example2.1.png Example3.pnginside.pngAlexHome.pngVillage.png

Last edited:

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Emotionally driven storyline
This is all I need to see, while skimming quickly, to convince me to read this post in a more attentive manners.

Tactical battle style which means every move has to be thought out and every weakness exploited.
Great! Another game to take my life away.

it is very rare to see him without it, even when sleeping
I did the same with mine when I was a lil kid. I mean, who didn't? :D

after the incident
Lemme guess. Alex saved her ass.

Damn I really dig her char design! <3

Although it has been many years since the great Chaos war, the continent of Cosolaris still bares the scars of that tragic day when mans heart was put to the test. The Chaos Crusaders, a band dedicated to resurrecting the great evil that once brought destruction to the land has been kept at bay thanks to the efforts of the King's Grand Knights. Though they been quiet for some time now, rumours are stirring that with the arrival of the next chosen just around the corner, the Chaos Crusaders have begun to stir once again, set on stopping all hopes of bringing an end to the great evil which grows more and more restless with each passing day.
So it seems.. So the aeons-old rivalry between crusaders and knights have been inherited by an RPG Maker world. Was there some legendary heroic figures who, I assume, fought against, again I assume, 'the great evil' on that "tragic day"? And are Alex and Alexis their descendants?

"Wherever the light may shine, darkness shall consume!
Wherever peace is abounding , war shall ravage!
Wherever love is felt, hate shall conquer!
Wherever life is blooming, death shall swallow!"
I liked it!

Looking forward for more update.
All the best, good luck!

- Zack

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really interesting. The custom UI is refreshing and the characters seem really engageable. Looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble Alex's ego gets him into!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback, glad I'm on the right tracks...so far. To answer your questions @Stanley, no, it was something a bit more in depth, and no, they aren't descended, not directly anyway ;)
Just updating with a new screenshot of one of the caves I'm working on. Forgive the lack of lighting, I intend on hiring someone to add some lighting effects once my main maps are done. For now I'll just update with in game screenshots since June will be a big update month for me because I come into a nice big sum of cash which I can use to get some more busts and some battler sprites. I'm currently using vibrato's battlers as placeholders so I can have the action sequences sorted out when I get my new battler sprites.
Anyway, here's the screen shot. Peace!
Example4.png

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good! I recommend @Kim_Shyuen for lighting and shadow. You can find her thread here. What artist are you using to replace the Vibrato stand-ins, if you don't mind me asking? I know a few, if you need some options?

Keep up the good work!

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like your maps, they are well designed and pretty. The night/day events also pick my curiosity.

Keep going and best of luck :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alot of games I played in the past did day/night a different way. In my game the player will be given the option to sleep until night or the morning instead of eventing a full 24hr cycle, I just dont think its necessary.

starlight dream

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah eventing the entire 24 hours would be unnecessary extra work. What you're doing has the same playability effect on the game.^^

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I find its more player friendly thay way. I did toy with the idea of having a instument that could play a song that would change the time of day...Im such a Zelda fanboy.....

starlight dream

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The music that plays when you sleep at the inn, is kind of the same thing, no? :D

Do I hear an Ocarina?

I forgot to say that the logo looks epic. Can you drop names on who made it or is that classified?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He's a private artist who doesnt have DA or any links. He's just finishing animating my title screen then he said he's planning on taking long hiatus.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since most people do a screenshot Saturday, I'm gonna start a screenshot Friday and try to keep updates on a weekly basis unless I have some big announcement to make. Since I'm a single dev, most updates will probably be screenshots on what I've been working on during the week but I will try to make some updates more interesting. Anyway, this screenshot is of...you guessed it, "another cave" I've been working on, plus a new expression for my main character Alex.
Example4.png

Edit - just noticed I mispelled contaminated. My fingers were cold lol.

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh man, this looks so amazing! :o :o :o I love the UI, and the characters, and the tiles, and, well, everything! I am waiting eagerly for a demo, keep up the amazing work!!

EDIT: Could you show a screenshot of the battles?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thomas Smith Appologies I never saw your edit about the battles. To be frank, there's not alot to see at the moment. I'm using Vibrato's mv battlers as placeholders till I get my battler sprites done, which are been designed atm by a very special guest!

They can attack from above, they can attack from below, mind your step cause you'll be a tasty snack!
Example3.png Example4.png

starlight dream

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh they're nice :D Someone hasn't passed the broom here for a long time!
I like the ones that close off the path, so you have no choice about facing them. (I assume walking under the webs brings about a battle?)

Your maps are all very pretty so far, it's hard to believe you have mapping blocks. Keep going and sharing! :kaojoy:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings all, update time! So I've been looking at other pages and realised one thing I'm missing, or at least one of the things I'm missing is a dev log, so from now on I'll be doing that as well as screenshots from time to time. So without wasting any time, let's get right on in there.

Dev log: 1
March 18th - So this week has been a bit of a slow week for me. Having one of my bakers on paternity, and another on long term sick, (yes, I'm a baker) means that I have been having to pick up more bakers shifts lately which have messed with my sleep patterns, trust me, going from getting up at 6am for work to getting up at 2am for work takes it's toll. Regardless, a lot of this weeks work has been done adding some touch-ups to my cave maps as you can probably see from my previous post. I have one more map to do till my caves are finished and then I'll be looking at touching up my village exterior and interior maps. Completing that, I'll will then begin eventing my game to prepare for my demo release that I'm hoping will come out between June and July. As of now, my game stands at 27 maps, ranging from small interior, a medium village, to large mountains and caves. My largest map so far is 50x90, and it took ages, and I use yanfly's doodads to give my maps that extra zing, I think the most doodads I've done on one map is just over 1000. So my plans for the rest of this month and going into next month will be:
1. Finish touching up my maps, which will include learning how to add light and shadow effects...(shudders)
2. Find another artist for my characters, sadly I've had to let her go because I couldn't get any work out of her. If you're an artist and would like to support this project, please feel free to pm me. I am looking for the style that you can see in the character section.
3. Start eventing my maps and make an intro.
4. Find someone to make me some spider battlers for my spider caves.

Finally, I have had a volunteer to start doing some battler sprites for my characters so expect to see some battle scene pictures coming up soon.
I've also added some quotes to my characters to give them a bit more life.
Happy game making!

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just a small update, will publish a dev log either tomorrow or saturday. Had to change my in game menu a little due to unfortunate circumstances, it's sort of coming together but still needs a lot of work. Changed and testing out new colour schemes.
View attachment 85584
I loved your other menu, but you certainly can't use that one now XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS