RMMV Dawn of Shadows I: Torn Skies

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New screenshot, since the battle system is finally functional:

Emily fighting the tutorial "miniboss", I guess you could call it.
(An animation does play when you attack, I just wasn't fast enough to catch it because my finger slipped.)
Also, the icons are placeholders for now, until we get a sprite/pixel artist.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moved over to a new mapping system, so the maps have changed a little bit. Here's a couple screenshots of the first few minutes of the game:

The creation of the human player

Emily's first fight (Yes, there are animations that get displayed. I just still wasn't fast enough to catch them.)

Emily made a rough landing

Emily: Last I checked, I think so?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: Minor changes to the day/night system, so now the day/night tints are shown indoors.
Screenshot:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update (of sorts):
I haven't been able to make a lot of progress on the game itself lately, as one of the plugins hasn't been updated in a few months.
Instead, I've done some work on the worldbuilding. This can be seen on the world's WorldAnvil page here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/actrein-NatfromGameFire
Feel free to follow the WorldAnvil page!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:
No new screenshots or links this time.
I finally found out what was the problem with one of the plugins, so progress can finally resume! (Turns out it was an incompatibility with another plugin I'd completely forgotten about. Good thing that plugin was only there as insurance!)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:
Yeah, it's been a while.
I've updated some of the screenshots in the OP, since they've been remade since the last time this thread got updated.

I've switched back to the Yanfly plugins after finally being able to buy myself the full collection, and since it's been about a year or so since I last used them there are some minor bugs (which is why the Mercy bar is stubbornly staying empty).
We also have a new programmer on the team, so with any luck substantial progress can be made on the mechanics soon.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, looks very unique and impressive features, are you planning to release a demo? I would love to playtest it and give feedback.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, eventually a demo is planned. However, for now it isn't ready yet (our team's programmer is new to RPG Maker, and for the time being they're very busy due to current events). Once the demo is ready the link to it will be shared here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?
I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.
whoops, forgot to get started with Advent posts! coming shortly!

Another demo of the dynamic cloud cover system, this time complete with the original soundtrack composition (which sounds even goofier at this 2x playback speed). Much left to tweak but I like it so far.
And now, some custom emotions to give the character life... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zyia