Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

SYNOPSIS
-------------------------

A human given the power to travel through space and time, Sullivan has come to the understanding that the universe is no longer as simple as it seems.​

Every universe in existence is connected in one way or another, whether through books or games or movies...and the connection is only getting stronger. Because of this, the doors are opening for one stranger, known only as the Hooded Man, to escape his own universe to take power in another.​

Together with his allies, Sullivan must find a way to close these connections and stop the enigmatic man's plans, all the while visiting the new worlds that have opened up, trying to solve the mystery of how and why the connections have grown in the first place.
If he doesn't go down this path, their universe and countless others might come crashing down completely.​

Characters
{NOTE: CHARACTER ART HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED SINCE MARCH 2017. SINCE THEN, CHARACTER DESIGNS HAVE BEEN TWEAKED AND ALTERED. WHILE THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THESE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED ON THIS PAGE, THE OLD CHARACTER ART WILL BE UPDATED AT A LATER DATE.)

Sullivan: The Bowtie Artist. A teen just turned 19, he found himself in the possession of a very strange book. One with powers, both defensive and offensive. This, of course, wasn't before the days when he was kidnapped, shoved into a prison, and became part of a number of people who were being held for experimentations to better understand and hone the energy of the soul.
Since then, he travels from town to town, universe to universe, using a strange dimension called the Gateway. Time to unlock the secrets of how things got to be so corrupted in the universe.​

Victoria: Epic Ramen Cosplayer by day, the Loud Assassin by night, no matter which title they hold, a friendly and energetic person they remain. Their childhood is strangely shrouded in forgotten memories, yet their heart doesn't forget the innocence and kindness that many others do. Friends matter deeply to them, and they won't hesitate to protect them, much to the benefit of many-a-villain.

Blake: The Wonder Scout as some might call him, Blake is one awesome guy (his words...we swear, his words). Looking for humor? He brings it to his team even in the most trying of times. He is known to raise the spirit of those he comes in contact with, and crush the spirits of any bad guy attacking his friends. An avid gamer and lover of guns, he knows just about anything there is to know about the bullet-spraying weapons. Now, if he just knew when to stop talking about food.

Heather: A strange young woman with the power of healing. This, of course, could be because she's currently the host of a relic entity that hasn't been seen in almost a thousand years. The spirit of the Forgotten Muse lives on within Heather. Only in a harsh environment does it ever take over, to protect the body that had welcomed it in. Otherwise, Heather is fully in control while the spirit lays dormant.
A lover of cats, and by "lover of cats", we mean obsessed with the feline creatures. If they ever disappear from the team, usually its only because they have more attention for a kitten than a potentially-burning multiverse.

Screenshots (Alpha/Placeholders)
-------------------------​
(NOTE: THE SCREENSHOTS OF FIELD AND BATTLE HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY UPDATED SINCE MARCH OF 2017, HOWEVER THIS PAGE DOES NOT HAVE ANY OF THE NEW SCREENSHOTS AS OF TODAY, AND ONLY REFLECT THE OLD VERSIONS OF THE DEMO. MENUS, LIGHTING, SHADING, COLOR SCHEMES, TEXTBOXES, AND MUCH MORE HAVE BEEN UPDATED SINCE THEN. NEW SCREENSHOTS WILL BE RELEASED AT A LATER DATE.)

Features
  • Peace in the Broken Universe - Each world is breaking apart. It seems there are holes in the universe. Therefore, you'll see characters out of place. Finish quests to send them back to their home-world. (not currently fully part of the Aurum Demo, but definitely part of the full game)
  • World Travel - Worlds filled with different themes, characters, lore, and quests are explored throughout the game. Travel to each one from a mysterious dimension known as the Gateway. Each world is planned to have different tilesets and shaders, making it seem like you really are in different worlds.
  • Time Passage - Feel the world react naturally against the sands of time as the sun sets and rises in its favor. Not only is the sun and moon affected, but the weather is affected as well, naturally changing itself as it would in the real world. Well, as much as an RPG Maker game made by an amateur can provide.
  • Battle System - Escape the current-day explosions and shooting and lootboxes with some good old-fashioned sideview turn-based combat. With a few current-day tricks up its sleeves like button-timed combos and creative states, you'll be quite curious to know the next best attack or element while still staying in the comfort zone of a battle genre that will never die out.

• Customization - Choose from a large database of accessories, weapons, armors, and outfits as you fight any Nightmare that crosses your path. With skill-adding weapons, state-defying bangles and so much more, you'll find yourself getting in and out of trouble with ease...or you can find yourself being the one dragged across the ground...

• Mini-Games - Fancy yourself a super high score on a knockoff Invaders game that you can brag to your friends about? How about a chest you can open four times a day to get a random item, and its contents change literally every in-game day? We'll be announcing a few other mini-games later on, so hang tight.

• And More!

Download DEMO

GAMEJOLT LINK: http://gamejolt.com/games/dotnh_demo/99304
MEGA LINK: coming soon

IMPORTANT:
When downloading the update to the demo, delete the original game, including save files! Otherwise, the game cannot update some of the data, leaving certain bugs seemingly unfixed. In other words, you'll be starting a completely new game unless otherwise noted it is safe to not do.

Version

(NOTE: THE VERSION LIST APPLIES TO THE LAST PUBLIC UPDATE THAT WAS RELEASED THROUGH THIS PAGE, BACK IN MARCH 2017. THIS DOES NOT REFLECT THE UPCOMING DEMO UPDATE AND ITS VAST IMPROVEMENTS. FOR MORE UP-TO-DATE DEVELOPER INSIGHT, VISIT THE GAMEJOLT PAGE LISTED ABOVE.)

• Fixed game-breaking error with file call.
  • Added 181 more gold to the start of a new game.
  • Added new items.
  • Added new ingredients.
  • Added new food item, "Chocolate Chip Cookie".
  • Added new recipe.
  • Added new items to Saturday Sale in Otnemarcas.
  • Fixed a Text error in the Red Apple Pub.
  • Fixed a glitch with the Save Point changing colors if you access it from right or left sides.
----------------------------------
  • New HUDS! Battle HUDs and field HUDS are now more customized based on character.
  • Gold HUD has returned.
  • "Gold" has been changed to "Units".
  • Changed the way chickens move in tutorial level.
  • Added a new Game Over screen.
  • Updated the way day/night works.
  • SOME shops are now only open between 8am and 8pm.
  • Changed the Choice visuals (again, yes)
  • Enemy Radar now shows 4 enemies instead of 6.
  • Building information has changed from outside to inside.
  • Updated second Splash Screen.
  • Added more observatory dialogue.
  • Added a third splash screen.
  • Changed the text font in the Save menu.
  • Tweaked enemy stats for leveling.
  • Deleted some unused files.
  • Added more secrets.
  • Added the door to the Ying Yang Club. Inaccessible by normal means.
---------------------------------------
  • Introduced Card Equipment
  • Changed Item Menu
  • Introduced Enemy Levelling
  • Added Chapter Intro and Completion graphics
  • Updated Intro Scene
  • WDF Headquarters has less people and more dialogue (???)
  • Tweaked enemy stats
  • Tweaked playable character stats
  • Introduced new store in Otnemarcas
  • Included a sale in above store that runs on Saturdays from noon to eight at night
  • More chests
  • Updated database
  • All trophies are now achievable on Gamejolt
  • Fixed Bestiary
  • Added ability to pick up chickens and place them on your head
  • Added new secrets
  • bug fixes
------------------
  • All new features!
  • New Battle HUDS!
  • New Battle System!
  • New abilities!
  • New skills!
  • Introduction to secrets
  • New recipes
  • New items
  • New cooking ingredients
  • Introduction to fishing
  • Tweaked time feature
  • Tweaked weather feature
  • Remapped controls to a script
  • Completely reworked New Woodbury
  • Added Christmas themes to areas
  • Changed enemy graphics
  • Added a couple new songs
  • Fixed nearly all bugs
-----------------------------------------------
1.5b
  • Introduction of randomized weather
  • Introduction of time manipulation abilities
  • Introduction of world time in-game and clock HUD
  • Vender's Hall inclusion
  • Updated Shop menu
  • Added Pizza Place
  • Added Quest Menu
  • Added Bestiary Menu
==========================
----------------------------------​
1.1.4 - 2/21-2016
  • Fixed bugs/glitches
  • Added cooking menu
  • Added a free-jump ability
  • Added a tutorial level
  • Added the ability to teleport to a new location via T.A.R.D.I.S. exterior
  • Added new battle system
  • Added full access to in-game menu
  • Added new items
  • Added new dialogue
  • Added more areas
  • Added autosave feature, activated every time the player moves to a new room
  • Added new title screen
  • Added a "name" feature to dialogue
  • Added new music
  • Added new abilities
  • Added two new character portraits in the menu
  • Updated dialogues
  • Updated main menu
  • Updated graphics
  • Updated existing scenes
  • Updated the way some events play out
  • Updated the level limit of Nathan, so that he stays at base level for good reason
  • Updated the After-Battle visuals
  • Removed old "Cutscene" script, which caused the player to no longer be able to access the menu
  • Removed planned dialogue within the demo
  • Removed unneeded Scripts, freeing space and the quality of the running events
  • Removed some limitations
-------------------------------------------------------

1.2a - 8/11/2015
  • Fixed bugs/glitches
  • Added new battle system.
  • Added access to equip and item menus.
  • Added new items
  • Added new equipment feature
  • Added Random Chest event item
  • Added Level Chest event item
  • Added new dialog
  • Added "Secret Scene"
  • Added three new areas
  • Added recovery effect to all save points
  • Added Healing Water spring in the Tunnels
  • Updated existing dialog
  • Updated event activation process
  • Updated quest activation process
  • Updated beginning items/abilities/equipment
  • Updated existing scenes
  • Updated three character sprites
  • Updated/tweaked experience/leveling process
  • Removed 8-way movement

=======================

1.0a - 8/7/2015
  • First demo release.

KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES

• Passage error within Mr. Tot's home, can walk on fireplace and soot bag. [FIXED in 2018]
  • Do NOT eat the cookie!

Credits
{NOTE: THIS SECTION WILL BE VASTLY UPDATED AT A LATER DATE.)
  • Enterbrain
  • Yanfly​
  • MOG​
  • HIME
  • GALV
  • Shaz
  • Casper Gaming
  • DoctorTodd
  • Fomar0153
  • BigAce360
  • Modern Algebra
  • Gyrowolf
  • Joel Steudler
  • RMN
  • And Meokka!
For copyrights, Square Enix, Enterbrain, and references to BBC (British Broadcasting Company)​

Uploads are through MEGA and through Gamejolt. I fail to keep updating this post often, but I'll be updating Gamejolt INSTANTLY, with either new features, new screenshots, or "edits" showing an update on the demo/final version.

Also, I'll be editing this post or future comments/edits of mine the moment I can if the admin need me to for any reason. I'm perfectly fine with that.
(Also, shout out to the admin, you guys rock! Keep doing what you do.)

The Demo will have some features turned off for now, but more and more are being turned on every new update. As of the current version, the player can now access the entire menu, which was not possible before. As of the NEXT RELEASED UPDATE, players will be able to access ALL CURRENTLY DEVELOPED MENUS.

Some graphics are scheduled for changes as well, including but not limited to rooms, faces and character sprites. What you see might not be an example of the finished result, as all maps are CONSTANTLY being updated.

Until then, please give me all the critique you can about this game, just try to stay polite about it and towards anyone you reply to. BUT, be honest too!

NOVEMBER 2018 EDIT: I'll be back on this site a little more frequently now, expect new information, new screenshots, and new art soon!

See you all soon!

Last edited:

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have a driving test that day. However. I will play it when it comes out! Trust me. Looking forward to running with you and this game soon! 

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a driving test that day. However. I will play it when it comes out! Trust me. Looking forward to running with you and this game soon! 
Meokka! Oh my! Thank you! Also, best of luck on your driving test, I know you'll do great. :)

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
UPDATE: The "Download" Link has been updated for the demo's download. I repeat, the demo is now available

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
there a way to get the gothic font/? It says it's missing it for me. Also the read me files doesn't work for me either. I just got a new computer. So I just got 7zip on here.

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try opening the readme file in notepad. What kind of error are you getting when trying to open the readme file?

As for the VL fonts, they're included with the game, in the folder named "VLGothic". I knew some people don't have the font, so I made sure to include the fonts to install. :)

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
not sure if you noticed. In the bar in area two where it talks about the monsters under the church. You can walk and run on the paintings. For some reason they are set to passable I think. Weeze Bro shop. On the far left and far right are 2 potions. They are differnt but do the same thing. Just wrong icon? I know they are not suppose to be SP potions but I wanted to point out they have two differnt icons as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not sure if you noticed. In the bar in area two where it talks about the monsters under the church. You can walk and run on the paintings. For some reason they are set to passable I think. Weeze Bro shop. On the far left and far right are 2 potions. They are differnt but do the same thing. Just wrong icon? I know they are not suppose to be SP potions but I wanted to point out they have two differnt icons as well.
Ah, I KNEW I forgot that! I remember doing a playthrough of the game before I released it, and noticed the paintings had a walk-through "passable" effect. I'll be fixing that for Monday's re-release update. 

As for the two potions, the one on the left is supposed to be the SP Potion +, and the one on the right is supposed to be a Hi-Potion, although I might change the idea to a Mega Potion. Not sure yet. But yes, that too was an issue that I didn't fix, yet did catch. 

Thanks Meokka! 

(also, how did the driver's test go?)

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
UPDATE: "Known Bugs" has been updated, and a "Version" spoiler has been added. Version 1.0a is the current version of the demo. Version 1.2a will be the next one, fixing bugs and adding some new things.

(Also, quick apology to the admin, I know I'm not supposed to double post.)

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I was nervous as hell. He seemed to want to give up on me a little bit, but then I told him my story. Suddenly he seemed very determined to teach me. He said I've been doing this for 28 years you and me kid are going to do this. I calmed down and he told me that I was doing great after that. I did too. 

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was nervous as hell. He seemed to want to give up on me a little bit, but then I told him my story. Suddenly he seemed very determined to teach me. He said I've been doing this for 28 years you and me kid are going to do this. I calmed down and he told me that I was doing great after that. I did too. 
I'm really happy to hear that. Stories like that make me smile and gain a bit more respect for the people of the world. I'm glad it all worked out! 

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
He's a cool guy.

Tables that are long not wide in the item shop are passable. Not sure if you noticed that. Nor am I sure why it's only THOSE tables. Hm. Large windows are also passable as well as half the bed, on a plus side it looks like I'm trying to take a nap on the bed that I didn't pay for in the inn and I can't get up on the walls via the bed at least so maybe that's intended. Oh little windows are passable too. EG. The one in the inn north of the inn keeper. Piller in TARDIS left corner passible if that's a pillar.

I believe I've made it my goal to find all things passable XD

I love the part with the ......SPOILERS......Seriously there's a part I really liked in this game that actually made me go really excited XD. I can't wait for another update. Still trying to figure out what to do with this key....and because I can't get into the menu I can't actually equip those casual clothes.....Or look at my inventory Or did I miss something?

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
He's a cool guy.

Tables that are long not wide in the item shop are passable. Not sure if you noticed that. Nor am I sure why it's only THOSE tables. Hm. Large windows are also passable as well as half the bed, on a plus side it looks like I'm trying to take a nap on the bed that I didn't pay for in the inn and I can't get up on the walls via the bed at least so maybe that's intended.
That actually is a graphical glitch that I forgot to fix, thank you on that. I'll be updating the "Known Bugs" list and I'll get to fixing that right away. 

The bed was an experiment of passable thingie-ma-bobbers, I was doing some testing and forgot to reset that to normal. 

I can't thank you enough for helping me find these bugs and issues. You've been really helping me out here. 

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
No problem! I want this game to soar! I love it so far. I was curious if 

1. this key I got did anything the bookshelf key

2. the middle bookshelf in the magic shhop looks, well not wrong, but not like any bookshelf I've ever seen before.

3. people tell me to check on the magic shop so I have a few times but no one has learned any magic, even though some people have the ability to use it in battle.

4. the password box, did I miss a password someplace?

5. I can't get through the crack in the wall. Maybe I'll try again....(EDIT) oh got it. Not sure if this is a thing. But on the boss here when he vanishes the last time a secondary sprite of him shows up to the right. Is he suppose to still be invisible? Also....God he's hard to kill. *Goes to buy more max potions, regular potions = pointless and waste of a turn.*

When heather rejoins the party she's not actually in the party after the final boss.

There's a strange fire crackling like sound effect when leave the boss area but when I went back to the room it didn't play. Wasn't sure why that was.

The ending.......I was like.......Oh.....Oh no........Then credits. I was like. This is just like Doctor Who.....Making me wait for the next episode XD well done.End credits.....BAH I WANT MORE XD

I'm only asking so I can test EVERYTHING

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No problem! I want this game to soar! I love it so far. I was curious if 

1. this key I got did anything the bookshelf key

2. the middle bookshelf in the magic shhop looks, well not wrong, but not like any bookshelf I've ever seen before.

3. people tell me to check on the magic shop so I have a few times but no one has learned any magic, even though some people have the ability to use it in battle.

4. the password box, did I miss a password someplace?

5. I can't get through the crack in the wall. Maybe I'll try again....(EDIT) oh got it. Not sure if this is a thing. But on the boss here when he vanishes the last time a secondary sprite of him shows up to the right. Is he suppose to still be invisible? Also....God he's hard to kill. *Goes to buy more max potions, regular potions = pointless and waste of a turn.*

When heather rejoins the party she's not actually in the party after the final boss.

There's a strange fire crackling like sound effect when leave the boss area but when I went back to the room it didn't play. Wasn't sure why that was.

The ending.......I was like.......Oh.....Oh no........Then credits. I was like. This is just like Doctor Who.....Making me wait for the next episode XD well done.End credits.....BAH I WANT MORE XD

I'm only asking so I can test EVERYTHING
The next update will fix the problems that you just mentioned! 

1.The key will work on a bookshelf in the update. It was supposed to before, but I had the event as "above characters" rather than "same as characters", so the event was not able to be activated. It will, however, shed light on a character. 

2. (wink)

3. The people hinting at the magic shop was just so you could go in and start the quest for the Magic Shop Man. However, I'll be including something that'll benefit you a little better. 

4. The password box can be found in multiple places in the game. SOMETIMES there will be a password, but other times you'll have to guess what the password is by looking around the immediate area. All passwords will be in all-capital letters. However, the contents of that particular chest will be altered in the next update, due to changes in some of the events. 

5. The crack in the wall can be entered by triggering an event. It is activated by the action button while facing the crack. However, you must answer correctly to get inside. As for the boss, I've lowered some things, got rid of paralyze breath since he likes to spam it apparently, and just made it so his basic attacks have a tiny chance of paralyzing you. Also, to make things stick with the story, the events in the tunnels have been slightly altered. 

Also...there MIGHT be something after the credits next. ;)

Update is tomorrow!

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
<3 I did like the end credits. Now I want to go back and put the password I think I found. Yeah I realized Heather was the item healer during that fight. SPAM ALL THE HEALING! and I'll be fine. Doctor too as he didn't do too much damage. I relied on the new guy who joined as he could put the boss to sleep and silance him which was great for when I took a few turns to fully heal with potions XD

I can't wait for the next installment!

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
UPDATE HAS BEEN UPLOADED

1.2a - 8/11/2015

-Fixed bugs/glitches

-Added new battle system. 

-Added access to equip and item menus. 

-Added new items

-Added new equipment feature

-Added Random Chest event item

-Added Level Chest event item

-Added new dialog

-Added "Secret Scene"

-Added three new areas

-Added recovery effect to all save points

-Added Healing Water spring in the Tunnels

--------------------------

-Updated existing dialog

-Updated event activation process

-Updated quest activation process

-Updated beginning items/abilities/equipment

-Updated existing scenes

-Updated three character sprites

-Updated/tweaked experience/leveling process

---------------------------

-Removed 8-way movement

Also, @Meokka, I would definitely suggest to not use the password chest with this update. I'm getting around to updating the contents of the password chest in the next update, but with the way things are right now, activating the chest would mess up one of the scenes/areas. However, if you really want to, you can after the final scene in the Tunnels is done.

Also, both the boss and the characters' stats have been modified, so the battle might turn out to be a little different than before. The rate of leveling up has also been modified, so...oh boy, this'll be interesting! Let me know if it's any better or any worse than before.

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Just downloaded and trying. I found a passable booboo again. In the first place. Area of beginings. the corners let me pass up onto the tops of the trees.....Where it kinda goes in a square. If you need me to screen shot it let me know. Allons-y time to continue! After I put the garbage cans away XD

Small windows, beds, big windows, paintings in the inn are all passable still. Make that for everywhere....Not sure why.

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just downloaded and trying. I found a passable booboo again. In the first place. Area of beginings. the corners let me pass up onto the tops of the trees.....Where it kinda goes in a square. If you need me to screen shot it let me know. Allons-y time to continue! After I put the garbage cans away XD

Small windows, beds, big windows, paintings in the inn are all passable still. Make that for everywhere....Not sure why.
Uh oh...um, quick question, did Victoria, in the Map of Beginnings, did she mention something about pulling up a menu for items? Are you noticing changes in dialogs?

Edit: Never mind, I was worried I uploaded the wrong demo version! (sweatdrop) 

Small windows and beds? I thought I fixed the window issue, but the beds you should be able to pass from back of the beds, but just not on top of the beds. 

Paintings, as in small paintings in the Inn? 

Edit #2: did a speedrun up to the events of the War Doctor, the T.A.R.D.I.S., etc. Been through every room except for the Tunnels (1 and 2), and I'm not noticing any passage errors whatsoever, except for the Map of Beginning's passage error in the corners. 

As for the pictures, they're all fine on my end, in every location. Windows two. The beds, like I mentioned in my last edit, can be passed behind, but same with bookshelves now too. It's just to give a little more depth, although I might change the backs of the beds because the behind-passage makes it seem like the bed is FREAKIN' TALL. 

Just confirming to make sure I uploaded the right version, are you noticing new dialog, new scenes, etc...?  :( <-(worried look)

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I kept having the same problem over and over. *Goes to delete everything from your game on my computer, and then try again* maybe that's the issue more thursday *nods*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I never realized how much fun destroying scenery by ramming it would be, or how much I keep think "I'm the Juggernaut!" when I do. :LZSexcite:
finally i have some free time
Well, the Danganronpa games are the biggest disappointment I've had playing mystery games. I've never had so much BS shoveled down my throat. They're an insult to intelligence.
OMG! There's a rat themed Steam profile wallpaper for 5k lunar tokens. I want it so badly!
Huh, lots has changed since I've been away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpurdy3