[Day 15 Advent]Avy's MV Stuff

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Avery, Dec 20, 2015.

1. RetailDrone7576

RetailDrone7576 Reillo9 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    these are amazing! 10/10

Avery likes this.
  2. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Deleted at request of artist

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    M.I.A. likes this.
  3. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I appreciate that @Dutch Power Creations !! However, I'm fairly certain Avery doesn't allow posted edits of her work. :( Thank you though! :)

-MIA

Avery likes this.
  4. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Advent is a time full of emotions, so why not have some in here on day 2?
    I took my own list and looked for someone who had no emoset yet, and somehow I ended up with Evil_4.
    Now he can be shocked, scared, sad and... sleepy?
    badguyemotions.png

Do you think these emotions work for him? And do you think other "basic" characters lack an emoset?

@Rogue Milk Thank you :3 I think you'll like some more stuff I prepared as well then^^
    @samkfj Awww :3 I'm doing my best^^
    @M.I.A. Well that's a cool idea! Maybe I can try something with that on another day... we'll see :3
    @RetailDrone7576 Thank you^^
    @Dutch Power Creations I appreciate your help, but I really don't wanna see edits of my work posted anywhere. I have made very bad experiences with credits and terms being lost and event though you mention them i have that rule and don't want to make exclusions until it gets vague when it's okay and when not.

l8rose, rue669, SeifBrain and 13 others like this.
  5. Halcyon Days

Halcyon Days Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm so hyped for the next ones! Your MV resources are so awesome :D

Avery likes this.
  6. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Avery Very understandable, deleted the post. Keep up the great work I appriciate it!

Avery likes this.
  7. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Actually I had something different prepared, but since I lacked stuff for some days anyways, it's time to shuffle a bit :3
    @M.I.A. was totally right with how the gate can be edited and used and since Advent is said to be the time where you should build bridges to other people... well, why not?
    On day 3, I have a bridge that tiles in length and can be used as one to cross a river as well :3
    bridgey.png
    @Halcyon Days Well, I hope I can keep up that mood :D
    @Dutch Power Creations Thank

8. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    *GASP!!!* Those look brilliant!! I might have to rearrange all my tile sheets now and see if I can squeeze those in. :)

Excellent job!
    -MIA

Avery, MMMm and GalacticGod like this.
  9. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These resources are awesome! I am looking forward to seeing what else is on the way. Thank you so much for doing this every year.

This community really is incredible!

Avery likes this.
  10. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've been thinking about this and have come up with a couple of ideas, some potplants that could be used indoors and outdoors including hanging pots or maybe some orc village overworld pieces.
    Also Spiders and Scorpions, I've always thought the vanilla ones weren't all that threatening and scary and you're really good with creating animals.
    Just a few random ideas, thanks for all the work you contribute to this thread, I always look forward to your advents.

Avery and MMMm like this.
  11. JessicaGarris

JessicaGarris Game Maker Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love your work, Avery! I'm looking forward to all your upcoming creations! :biggrin:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Avery and MMMm like this.
  12. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Since this is a calendar by me everyone knew this was coming, huh?
    Day 4 and we have our first icons. But who could resist such shiny loot for your heroes? Well, I could not and hopefully you can't either ;3
    They fit my MV Icons and will fill some of the empty rows and bring it closer to a complete plug&play replacement for the yanfly set (it already is, you might just have to search a few alternatives if you used some of the very few icons that have no counterpart yet) with a lot of additional stuff that is also still being expanded every now and then (like... today)
    Crystal_Icons_MV_Avy.png

l8rose, rue669, Marquise* and 18 others like this.
  13. SeaPhoenix

SeaPhoenix Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The icons look great! Always happy to see an expansion of your iconset.

If you're still looking for suggestions, maybe interior decorations such as a standing vase or a decorative vase, or tapestries? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the remaining days, and thank you so much for doing this every year!

Avery likes this.
  14. Halcyon Days

Halcyon Days Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now I'm thinking about suggestions, I always found regrettable that there is no generator pieces about princes or princesses clothing. I know Rhino did one based on Actor 3_1, but there is not many options for a more "NPC" feels and despite purchasing it, I'm a bit iffy about the Heroine Generator packs.

Avery likes this.
  15. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Talking about the time of the year, well, how does one even implement time?
    Some games do have a time system, but that fixed time on the RTP clock was something that made me feel like there should be a way to change the time on it. Imagine having a scene playing at midnight while the clock on the map clearly says 3:37 and nothing else.

Sooooo, maybe this is not the best way to set the sprite up, but to be honest, it depends how people even want to use it and i am very positve you can figure out how you need it ;3

You can try to make it with events, you can just put together the one time you need, you can try to write or find a plugin....
    and then, you can have that clock on your map anytime! How does that sound?

Day 5 brings the possibility to set the town clock in your game to any time you want it to be.
    Always remember: it's the details that make your game really immersive:VXA2:
    clock.png
    (also: I'm quite busy so I prewrite the posts every now and then, that's why I can't answer everything daily^^')

16. M.I.A.

First Language:
    English
    OoOoOH.. Clock puzzles!! :)

Thanks Avery!
    -MIA

Avery likes this.
  17. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Every year when it's time to make stuff I usually try to have a look on my old stuff and see if there is something that can be reused or inspires me to additional things.
    I realized that I have over 2500 icons for RMVX Ace, and most off them are from scratch and because of that not bound to the engine.
    So I recycled and manually upscaled some of my favourites of them for my MVII set (lower row) and adjusted them so they also fit into my MV Set (Minor edits and recolors), which should give users of both sets a bunch of new options!
    So, have fun on day 6!
    AdventIcons_Avy_2.png
    I know, they are not very christmas-y, but... who doesn't want to collect cool mushrooms and loot... ehm... parts of hopefully monsters...?

Edit (had finally time for the answers):
    @M.I.A. Awww, thank you! Well, I think they could also work as parallaxes (or you could make giant chars out of them), so you have less work implementing them on the sets ;3
    And clock puzzles are a pretty cool idea i have not thought about yet, i'm looking forward to see what you do with it :3

@GalacticGod Thanks! I just love the magic an advent can have and try to give it to as many people as possible, and making resources is the thing I can do to make people happy ;3

@KRS Hmmm, that's an interesting idea. How would an orc village look like? Yeah, the vanilla animals are... special xD

@JessicaGarris Thanks! I hope I can keep that up^^

@SeaPhoenix Yeah, that sounds pretty cool, I'll see if i can come up with something^^ Thank you for following it ;D

@Halcyon Days It's true, the default clothing options are not really suiting for these type of characters. Sadly, with all the SV Poses and having to make 3 different types of resources to make them work, Generator parts are just too time consuming for me right now ._. I guess the only thing i could get away with would be face features that don't require SV and TV parts:rswt

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    l8rose, MMMm, Marquise* and 14 others like this.
  18. Kirimoar

Kirimoar Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Every year and every day such great stuff - thank you so much!

19. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Huh, 1/4 of the calendar is already over! Well, let's hope the rest get delivered in time... talking about delivery... we should have some owls, shouldn't we?
    On day 7, I bring you an owl battler with variations to match the owl sprite I made quite a while ago - for more natural enemies and more options to use the sprites in game! Have fun with it!
    Euli2.png Eulib.png Eulibw.png Eulisw.png

Thank you @Kirimoar, you are welcome :)

l8rose, MMMm, rue669 and 9 others like this.
  20. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great to see you do another christmas calender this year. :kaojoy:

I wonder if you'll make another one of those pre-made structures made to fit the RTP worldmap tiles?
    I REALLY loved those and would like to see more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.