[Day 7 Advent]Avy's MV Stuff

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Avery, Dec 20, 2015.

1. TriangleGM

TriangleGM Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm puzzled by part of your terms restrictions. You say I would need to own RMMV to use these. If they're original graphics, why would we need MV? Are all of these modifications of MV's RTP graphics? If they are, I'm not saying that's any less impressive. I've spent a lot of time improving RTP graphics, despite not being a "graphics person," per se. I'm just confused. I ask because I've been looking for a good chandelier for RMXP, which is the only version of RM I actually own. Being a hobbyist, I've not really bothered to buy newer versions.

Avery likes this.
  2. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Most of graphics use at least scraps from the RTP, as work from scratch is way more work in many cases. So yes, the chandelier is something where I used parts as well (the candles I guess... i think most of the rest was from scratch), but to not get a huge mess with all the labeling what is RTP and what I have the general terms, period. Keeping my stuff more or less sorted is already enough work to do^^'
    You should make a resource request in the request section and I will give it a look, i think i know some stuff and maybe other people as well.

I am getting closer to my thesis and most of my energy goes into that (and trying to maintain a social life) so I do not have much time for resources.
    Luckily I could do something for university that doubles as resource ;3 When I had to draw guinea pigs for a mockup, I made them in a style that goes well with MV RTP so they can be used for facesets :3
    [​IMG]
    They are the variations I needed for my project, I don't know if more recolors of both the sprites to match all the faces and the faces to match all the sprites would be useful?
    And if they look very familiar to you, you are in my WP class and found me, congrats :p

captaincubed, flirion, fizzly and 7 others like this.
  3. zerodramon

zerodramon Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Wow nice resource. Keep it up. Can you make digimon sprite too?

4. raindrop717

raindrop717 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello all. Just want to say that I love all your resources, Avery. They are amazing. I especially love your wolves. And caiopalhares, the extra wolf faces you made are beautiful. Hope you don't mind that I used them to create a few more expressions, including the angry and sad ones that NicoLican mentioned you were missing.

They aren't the greatest of quality, as I'm very inexperienced with pixel art and such, but everyone is welcome to use and edit them further.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
    NicoLican likes this.
  5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @raindrop717 I've removed you image, as Avery specifically asked that people do not post edits of her resources.

6. raindrop717

raindrop717 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My apologies. I guess I completely missed that. :kaoswt2: I will pay closer attention from now on. Sorry, everyone!

Marquise* likes this.
  7. Victorcastelli

Victorcastelli Warper Member

First Language:
    brazilian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry, I'm totally ignorant about animated tiles, but even then I'd like to know how to use them.
    I really liked them, I would like to start with the volcano.
    How do I make that gif effect inside the RPG maker?

8. Victorcastelli

First Language:
    brazilian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry, I'm new to Rpg Maker and would like to know how you use these animated sprites.

9. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    See, these questions blow up the thread a lot, as I am pretty sure they have been asked and answered already. There is a whole bunch of questions that I do not answer anymore because of this and I could write a FAQ that would just become passive aggressive because it is the same over and over just by different people.

I am not the only one having animated tiles and the question on how to use them is either a bit playing around with the maker (what you need to do anyways) or search for answers to your problem on the forum or using google search. I just tried it myself and had a screenshot of someone showing how to use them just right within a minute.

I might sound harsh, but people have to understand: I have a life. That life is getting more and more busy as I get closer to my degree. For most problems there are pretty fine solutions already if you just look around. I like doing this, but lately I am more and more disappointed if maintaining my thread is just face questions that make me shake my head and do something else then.

a small maybe a bit passive aggressive FAQ:

How do I use resource X?
    How do i.png
    Link for the lazy ones

Can you make x?
    Technically yes, sure. But realistically, very unlikely.
    If you have a request and PM me about that or ask here, it's very unlikely I will do it, period. There is a request forum here for a reason and I check it on a regular base. If I want to help I will, no need to bother me personally with that.
    Suggestions are welcome, but they have to be suggestions and will be taken like that, maybe done, maybe not, maybe in a distant future. So if you really need something, you are wrong here.

How do I download this?
    If you don't know how to save a picture from the internet on the computer, I cannot help you.

Have you already made x?
    Is it in here? Is it in one of the Restaff packs? Then no.

Can I post edits of your resources here?
    No.

Last but not least:
    Can I use these resources in my game?
    If you are unable to read the TOU in the opening post, please no.

Tea's Jams, Deldel, Rabosion and 6 others like this.
  10. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You can do it @Avery !! That degree is almost in you grasp! :)
    -MIA

11. Victorcastelli

First Language:
    brazilian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry then.
    It was not my intention to disturb your busy life.
    I am new to RPG Maker, I really do not understand much of sprites and etc ...
    It was a question that arose and it was my mistake not to look for the rules and if there was already something about it.

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's nothing super secret, but I kind of try to recreate some of the worldmap tiles for the on map use every now and then. I just think it's super cool if you walk to a certain structure, and then, boom, it matches on the "entrance map". Isn't that a cool thing? Consistency is great.

[​IMG]

Of course you can also use it for any fance cave entrance one might need:
    [​IMG]

Memerto, flirion, KtheNerd and 11 others like this.
  13. Krystek_My

Krystek_My Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool!

14. Kingdommangas

Kingdommangas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  15. Sir Anima

Sir Anima Handsome Encyclopedia of Awkwardness Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Avy, I love the resources you made, but I noticed one of your sprites in the animal section (The Swan) had it's left and right switched around, so I corrected it for you. :)

16. Rogue Milk

Rogue Milk Veteran Veteran

It's awesome! Love when you do that.

17. Kostekaro

Kostekaro Village blacksmith Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Avery don't allow for edits of her work to post on this thread i think.

18. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yup, that's the case, I will fix it in the start post but please just report such stuff to me and let me do it on my own.

[​IMG]
    I was learning for my exams and a friend and I talked about a badly drawn gun rack and then it was there. Welp. Have fun with it!

19. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sir Anima Because Avery asks people not to repost edits, I removed the one you posted. While we can all appreciate why you posted it, as Avery said, next time, just let her (or any artist) know so they can correct the mistake.

Avery likes this.
  20. Kostekaro

Kostekaro Village blacksmith Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Avery, Can u say what program to drawing u use? I try to make a tower similar to your "parallax round tower" but i have terible results in gimp.