Day/Night - Sleep plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by George Halstead, Feb 8, 2018.

1. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Friends i have looked for a while to find a plugin or way way that i can setup a system for my game that does the following.

Would like it to have a Day/Night system that of course will control the lighting in the game.
    As well i would love it to remind the player to rest/sleep and if the player does not rest/sleep they would get weaker so that even having a battle would likely threaten to lead to a game over <---(optional).

I have tried to follow some tutorials and must be missing something as i can never get it to work and that is why i am requesting some help.

I use the latest RPG Maker MV and if need be i can disable any plugin that may be of conflict.

2. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You may not be in need of a plugin here, actually.
    For the lighting and such, simply run a parallel process event that has screen tints followed by wait commands.
    For the reminders, you can turn on a switch each night and when that switch turns on, you just increase a variable for tiredness, and display the reminder in an event triggered by that switch. As the variable decreases, you can apply a state that lowers their defense in battle, and then when it reaches maximum, you can have a situation like Harvest Moon where you fall asleep wherever you are and wake up in bed.

Harrumi likes this.
  3. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @HexMozart88 That sounds pretty straight forward. Will give it a try. I "THINK" i have the time and day system running correctly so now to just need to try to do the reminders and the status affects. You were very helpful. I think i just lack confidence as of yet as i am newer to the software.