George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Friends i have looked for a while to find a plugin or way way that i can setup a system for my game that does the following.

Would like it to have a Day/Night system that of course will control the lighting in the game.
As well i would love it to remind the player to rest/sleep and if the player does not rest/sleep they would get weaker so that even having a battle would likely threaten to lead to a game over <---(optional).

I have tried to follow some tutorials and must be missing something as i can never get it to work and that is why i am requesting some help.

I use the latest RPG Maker MV and if need be i can disable any plugin that may be of conflict.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You may not be in need of a plugin here, actually.
For the lighting and such, simply run a parallel process event that has screen tints followed by wait commands.
For the reminders, you can turn on a switch each night and when that switch turns on, you just increase a variable for tiredness, and display the reminder in an event triggered by that switch. As the variable decreases, you can apply a state that lowers their defense in battle, and then when it reaches maximum, you can have a situation like Harvest Moon where you fall asleep wherever you are and wake up in bed.

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HexMozart88 That sounds pretty straight forward. Will give it a try. I "THINK" i have the time and day system running correctly so now to just need to try to do the reminders and the status affects. You were very helpful. I think i just lack confidence as of yet as i am newer to the software.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VuThanhLong