Codfish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I'm rather new to RPG Maker and I had this idea for a day/night cycle system. However, it would be really cool if an image overlay was triggered by the time of day that way you could customize the light changes for each map.

I know there is a day/night plugin already, but does anybody have any ideas or tips as far as making something like that happen? I love map making, but I don't really wanna do too much not knowing whether or not I could implement a system like that.

Thanks!

cabanas_ds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've done all 3 tutorials & i'm having troubles with the counter getting to 11:00am and stopping

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot