Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I'll just get straight into the point, is it possible to have a game that takes place... let's say 7 days and the players get to choose what to do every hour? If yes, how?

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I currently have a time system set up. Every frame a counter is added for "second", and when those counters reach 60, it makes a minute, adding +1 to the "minute" variable. And when minutes reach 60, it adds an "hour". However this is done in frames. So 60 frames a second, making a minute in game, one second in real life time. You could do something like this, and probably do the math to set it up to real-time if thats what you are going for too. Then for the hour just have conditional branches for the events you want effected. "If Hour variable = 1" etc. And do one for each hour. Right now for my system, whenever minute variable is equal to or greater than 60, it takes the minutes back to 0 and adds +1 to the hour variable. In this portion you can put another line in the event with what you want to happen once the minutes variable reaches 60. Sumrndmdde has tutorials on this, and I believe Driftwoodgaming also made one on youtube. ^.^

If you don't need the time itself, it'll probably be easier. Just make events that happen in succession labeled with a fake timestamp. Depends on what you are going for.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are lots of ways to make a Day/Time system. It really depends on how you want your game to work.
So yeah, it's definitely possible, as for the how...
It's just a matter of running a parallel event checking the time and prompt the player to choose every hour.

But everything here depends on what you have in mind and what sort of time you're looking for.
How precise do you want your time to be ? Do you need your game time to be tied to real time ? Does your game time have to be the player's local time ?
If you only need the "illusion" of Day/Time then go for Xenphir's second answer.

Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't really need it to be like a real time thing, just the illusion of it, the players need to think after all

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah then I would just set it so events have fake timestamps.

Day 1, 11:00 am
What you want to write goes here.

Then after that closes and the action is done, another event triggers a pop up

Day 1 12:00pm

Etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnInconnu