Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Firstly, I must admit that I'm still learning as a coder. That's why your feedback are worth as much as my growth.

Plugin Description
REWRITE pictures function for EASING experience and user CONVENIENCE.
It is a useful plugin for visual novel esque or could be much more!

Plugin Features
  • Easing Execution
    - Show picture by default will show up instantly like BAM. Normally to avoid that you have to show the picture with 0 opacity then later use move picture to create fade in effect. With this plugin, that TWO STEP will be CONVENIENTLY made into ONE STEP. Show picture will always have FADE IN effect without the need of using move picture.

- Erase picture by default will instantly erase the picture like BAM. Again, to avoid that you have to use move picture first before erase picture to create fade out effect. With this plugin, that TWO STEP will be CONVENIENTLY made into ONE STEP. Erase picture will always have FADE OUT effect without the need of using move picture.

- Move picture by default move your picture in linear like robot. With this plugin, every picture movement will move sharply first while gradually slowed down to target, creating smooth effect.

• Convenient Percentage Coordinate
    User will no longer need to worry doing the math when inputting the X and Y coordinate. User also no longer need to worry their pictures messed up when changing game resolution. This plugin treat the X and Y constant value as percentage (0%-100%) value. By default, you have to learn what your game resolution first before using pictures. When your game resolution is 816x624, to show a picture at the center you have to put direct designation value of (408, 312) which I bet rarely people doing that because they dislike doing math. This pisses me of because lots of people missing the potential from that laziness. But with this plugin, everything will be convenient. No matter what your resolution is, (50, 50) will always be mid-center. (100, 50) will always be right-center. (100, 100) will always be bottom-right corner.

• Actual Rotate Picture
    By default "rotate picture" will indefinitely spin your picture like an unstopable fidget spinner. Nobody report this because rarely people even use this feature. This plugin allows you to actually "rotate" your picture by constant degree. Now rotate picture : 30 will rotate the picture to 30 degree. NOT spin the picture with 30 speed. (Seriously, who need that?)

Screenshot

Meanwhile, the content of the event shown on the GIF :
event screenshot.png

Script
JavaScript:
/*:
* @plugindesc Rewrite pictures function by sacrificing accuracy and potential for smooth execution and user convenience.
* @author Kuro DCupu
* @help Pictures Alternative v1.0
===================================
Released date : 01/04/2020

- Show Picture gradually fade in the picture
- Move Picture gradually slowed down the picture
- Erase Picture gradually fade out the picture
- Rotate Picture "rotate" instead of "spin"
- Input X and Y coordinate treated as screen size percentage instead of constant pixel value

*/

Speed = 20;
GridX = 100;
GridY = 100;

Game_Picture_show = Game_Picture.prototype.show;
Game_Picture_move = Game_Picture.prototype.move;

Game_Picture.prototype.show = function(name, origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode) {
    Game_Picture_show.call(this, name, origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode);
    this._x = x * Graphics.width / GridX;
    this._y = y * Graphics.height / GridY;
    this._opacity = 0;
    this.move(origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode, Speed);
};

Game_Picture.prototype.move = function(origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode, duration) {
    Game_Picture_move.call(this, origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode, duration);
    this._targetX = x * Graphics.width / GridX;
    this._targetY = y * Graphics.height / GridY;
    this._duration = Speed;
};

Game_Picture.prototype.updateMove = function() {
    var d = this._duration;
    this._x = (this._x * (d - 1) + this._targetX) / d;
    this._y = (this._y * (d - 1) + this._targetY) / d;
    this._scaleX  = (this._scaleX  * (d - 1) + this._targetScaleX)  / d;
    this._scaleY  = (this._scaleY  * (d - 1) + this._targetScaleY)  / d;
    this._opacity = (this._opacity * (d - 1) + this._targetOpacity) / d;
};

Game_Picture.prototype.erase = function() {
    Game_Picture_move.call(this, this._origin, this._x, this._y, this._scaleX, this._scaleY, 0, this._blendMode, Speed);
};

Game_Screen.prototype.erasePicture = function(pictureId) {
    var picture = this.picture(pictureId);
    if (picture) {
        picture.erase();
    }
};

Game_Picture.prototype.initRotation = function() {
    this._angle = 0;
    this._rotationSpeed = 0;
};

Game_Picture.prototype.rotate = function(speed) {
    this._rotationSpeed += speed;
};

Game_Picture.prototype.updateRotation = function() {
    this._angle = (this._angle * (Speed - 1) + this._rotationSpeed) / Speed;
};

Future Update
Depend on feedback, but I can only do much.

For the last, let me know if there's something you don't understand or what would you like to suggest to improve this plugin I made.

Thank you ~

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use pictures, but what is the main different from default and this plugin?
its smooth, is default 50/50 different in engine than your plugin? or choose from center?

not sure if I can use it, while most picture is used in SRD hudmaker, but in a sideproject,
I use the inbuild call, but I might be able to use it in there if I know the exact differents between
default picture and yours.

but I also sugest to put that in the helpfile of that plugin though.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its smooth, is default 50/50 different in engine than your plugin? or choose from center?

not sure if I can use it, while most picture is used in SRD hudmaker, but in a sideproject,
I use the inbuild call, but I might be able to use it in there if I know the exact differents between

the rotation is new thing if you actually use it
and it had show with fade in and erase with fade out effect
it is a useful plugin for visual novel
but it will conflict with mog that I already use...

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I thought the GIF already explained a lot, with the rulers thingy and all. But I edited the explanation so hard anyway that now it looks more understandable (I guess).

By smooth I don't mean the frame rate, but smooth as in it doesn't move robotically. Like the canvas are made of slippery oil. Or your picture are sliding on ice. That kind of smooth.

the rotation is new thing if you actually use it
and it had show with fade in and erase with fade out effect
it is a useful plugin for visual novel
but it will conflict with mog that I already use...
Thanks for considering! It is indeed made for visual novel esque in my mind.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loehz