Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ignore that poster. Most people in this community aren't so jerkish. I dunno what that person's problem is.

Anyway, you should find a video example of what you want. It will be easier for a potential coder to consider your request if they have visuals to go on.

leee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ignore that poster. Most people in this community aren't so jerkish. I dunno what that person's problem is.

Anyway, you should find a video example of what you want. It will be easier for a potential coder to consider your request if they have visuals to go on.
Something like this, but the ratings and combos aren't necessary as they would probably be too hard to code

Attachments

• igzyEz3.jpg
    igzyEz3.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 2

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

MogHunter developed a plugin for MV similar to what you want, but it looks like they've nuked the old site that stored the plugin when they migrated to MZ. It may be a good idea to contact MogHunter and see if you can get your hands on this plugin. It's a battle script though, so not the use case you wanted.

It's a feature people have asked for constantly for years. From what I gather, however, creating it is deceptively complicated. Popular issues appear to be input lag and synchronization issues with the music and game graphics (button inputs not matching the beat of the track are the worst).

Last edited:

Mcniner

Lord of Ice and Snow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Original Comment:
RPG Maker is made for Role-Playing Games. You wouldn't try to make a platformer game or a first person shooter game in RPG Maker, so dance games and FNF style games are completely out of its scope. I'm not trying to be discouraging, and I would be VERY impressed if someone made a game like this. I haven't seen all there is to see with RPG Maker Games yet, and I never will, so I could be entirely wrong, but my opinion is that this isn't really possible with RPG Maker, and may never will be.

EDIT:
Looking above, I see that Moghunter made a system. I have a few Moghunter plugins in storage on a hard drive, so I can look and see if the plugin is there. If it is, I'll post it here. This is a really interesting project idea, and I would love to help find plugins for it if you need any.
:ehappy::eswt:

EDIT #2:
I found a new website that has Moghunters plugins:

Last edited:

Mcniner

Lord of Ice and Snow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AHA! I have the file! Here ya go!

This file was made by Moghunter and all credit goes to him and not me.

Attachments

• MOG_Theatrhythm.js
    68.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xie00