Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
How can I deactivate the possibility to use the mouse?

Last edited by a moderator:

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think you would have to overwrite the javascript that handles mouse clicks? I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to turn it off via the editor or events.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would NOT advise disabling the use of mouse in any way. Some people may want to play your game on a tablet and by disabling mouse clicks it would require them to get accessories and it would only piss a lot of people off.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would NOT advise disabling the use of mouse in any way. Some people may want to play your game on a tablet and by disabling mouse clicks it would require them to get accessories and it would only piss a lot of people off.
This would only be a factor if you said you supported touch or mouse for gameplay anyway...

But I did like the idea someone mentioned earlier in a different thread. Just stop showing the mouse cursor onscreen when people aren't using it. I don't mind if people use mouse inputs, I just hate the cursor showing on screen even when you don't use it. 

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is a barbaric approach,

go to your main scip files and open up rpg_core

TouchInput.initialize = function() {
    this.clear();
    this._setupEventHandlers();    
};

find this function and remove the second line

this._setupEventHandlers();

It prevents touch input from being initialized.  Kind of a brute way to do it,  but meh

I can write a plugin that will remove it for you,  but like i said... very barbaric.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No mouse movement Plugin

Code:
//NoMouseMovement.js/*:it * @plugindesc Simply disables movement by mouse * @author Daemond *  * @help *  * Plug and play *//*:it * @plugindesc Semplicemente blocca il movimento tramite mouse * @author Daemond *  * @help *  * Plug and play */Game_Player.prototype.moveByInput = function(){	if (!this.isMoving() && this.canMove()) {        var direction = this.getInputDirection();        if (direction > 0) {            $gameTemp.clearDestination();            this.executeMove(direction);        }    }};

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No mouse movement disables, well mouse movement. But you still see the cursor and can use the mouse on menus. Not sure if that accomplishes the OP goal.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No mouse movement disables, well mouse movement. But you still see the cursor and can use the mouse on menus. Not sure if that accomplishes the OP goal.
No mouse movement is this, remove mouse is another request.

With the mouse or "touch" you can keep functions, for menù, minigames, etc etc

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Based on the op's statement, I assumed they didn't want any mouse stuff at all.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Based on the op's statement, I assumed they didn't want any mouse stuff at all.
Ops.. you right, i was sure that i read No Mouse Movement :p

Sorry, this happend after hours design game :p

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could maybe disable the mouse clicks so nothing happens when player clicks anything:

Code:
TouchInput._onMouseDown = function(event) {	// Overwrite to do nothing};
Download plugin file

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for moving the thread.

However I was not aware that this would need a plugin at all. From my point of view disabling mouse support should be a basic function that is available somewhere in the configurations. That is the reason why I created the thread in the support forum and not in the script request forum, where it belongs.

That is also the reason why I posted such a short original post, because I thought that this was a really simple question with a quick answer - I was wrong.

Thank you for all your input guys, I was really not aware that it is such a strange wish to disable mouse support. However, I do not plan to support mobile devices anyway to be honest at the moment. After all your feedback I will reconsider my decision. If I ultimately decide to disable the mouse at all I think I will find most of what I need here :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nightmare... Dreamt I posted a GFX resource post. With a work in progress glove icon that tinted to different colors. In the wrong forum. And I was in such a panic. I saw people writing posts in response, those "..." you see in discord and such. So I frantically tried to report my post as wrong forum, editing to say it's the wrong forum and that I "accidentally" posted it too early... Very odd dream to be honest...
The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siri