Deactivating the continue option.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is possible through plugins when using the title screen, but is it possible when using an evented title screenthrough the skip title screen plugin to make the continue option unavailable or inactive when no save file is present. Example below.

Attachments

• Yo Erie3.png
    Yo Erie3.png
    873.4 KB · Views: 6

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is very much possible. When you have your conditional branches which check for button input, inside the one that checks if the continue button is highlighted, put "DataManager.isAnySavefileExists()" inside the script section of a conditional branch. Then, if you want something to happen if no save files are present, you can add an else branch. Otherwise, just leave it as is.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I ask, does that script need to be written as is with the quotation marks because I can't seem to get it to work?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay hope I'm not breaking any double posting rules here, but I think I need to clarify some things up to help get an explanation.
So as I said in my first post I'm trying to get it so that when there is no save file present the continue option becomes unavailable. How I've tried to accomplish this is by as was suggested using the DataManager.isAnySavefileExists() in a conditional branch(picture 3). What is supposed to happen is that if there isn't a save file present, a switch activates which makes it so the player can't access the continue option(picture 4), and the continue picture becomes greyish(picture 2). When a save file is present, a different switch(picture 5) is to activate which makes the continue option available and accessible. Problem is the script isn't working, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help is appreciated. This is an evented title screen using hime's pre title events plugin.

Attachments

• Yo Erie.png
    Yo Erie.png
    876.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Yo Erie3.png
    Yo Erie3.png
    873.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Yo Erie4.png
    Yo Erie4.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Yo Erie5.png
    Yo Erie5.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Yo Erie6.png
    Yo Erie6.png
    147 KB · Views: 6

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The issue is you have two contradicting conditional branches. You're telling it to show both the normal continue and the grayed out one, so it doesn't know which to do. So wherever you have your conditional branch checking when to show the continue button, it should look like this:
If menu = (whatever option number continue is)
If DataManager.isAnySavefileExists()
Show picture: Continue 1
Else
Show picture: Continue 2
End
End
That should work unless the script call I found is entirely wrong.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No it's still not working, here is a screen shot of what im doing now, just incase I'm still doing it wrong. What's more, when the continue option is highlighted, my game lags horrifically.

Attachments

• Yo Erie4.png
    Yo Erie4.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Yo Erie5.png
    Yo Erie5.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Yo Erie6.png
    Yo Erie6.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 4

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Define "not working". Is it just that it shows the regular picture or does nothing show at all? In future, remember that in support questions, "It's not working" is not helpful. :p The only thing I can think of is the fact that you decided to show your pictures within the script calls instead of before everything was shown, however, a possible way to not use the script calls is to set a variable to contain save count info beforehand so if it equals one or more, show the new picture.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha sorry its been a long day with work and I should have gone to bed several hours ago. What i meant was that when I used the DataManager.isAnySavefileExists() script, it still showed the same picture and wouldnt alternate when I had and didnt have a save file. When I didnt have a save file, if I moved over the continue option it would start lagging horribly. When I did have a save file though it didnt lag so the script call is doing something but im not sure what atm. Btw thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, how would you do what you suggested with the variable to register save counts? Sorry to be a pest, I'm still learning lol.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not a problem, LOL.
Basically, just go into control variables, go to "Other" and in the dropdown, you should see Save Counts. So then, wherever you have the show picture command for the continue button, put it in a conditional branch checking if the variable is set to 1 or higher. Add an else branch and put your other continue picture in there.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay, im hoping this is the last time I have to pester you...It still doesn't seem to be working but I'm sure I've just done something wrong, so I'm sending you the pictures of how I've set it up. Right now, its still not showing separate images.

Attachments

• Yo Erie4.png
    Yo Erie4.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Yo Erie5.png
    Yo Erie5.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Yo Erie6.png
    Yo Erie6.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 5

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so I'm assuming the gray one isn't its own separate picture. Probably better to set the gray one as a separate picture and then use the conditional branch when you first show the picture.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah i've tried that. I think im going to leave it for now. I think we've exhausted all of the options for now and for whatever reason it still isnt working. Personally I think its something to do with the save count not regestering but I cant say for sure and its starting to give me a headache. Thanks again for your time and sorry for the bother.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!
Treating this as a devlog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv