captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thanks to Uzuki, i now know how to make the sprites of dead chars look like coffins, but we are both actually having trouble with something:

When exploring maps, dead chars change to coffin sprites. That's great, and the effect I want for my game, but if the lead char is dead, then your party is being led by a mobile coffin.

Does anyone know of a way to send dead characters back in line, so the party can be led by a live character?

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks to Uzuki, i now know how to make the sprites of dead chars look like coffins, but we are both actually having trouble with something:

When exploring maps, dead chars change to coffin sprites. That's great, and the effect I want for my game, but if the lead char is dead, then your party is being led by a mobile coffin.

Does anyone know of a way to send dead characters back in line, so the party can be led by a live character?
You probally need a formation script, that rearanges char automatically if they're dead.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I don't suppose you know any, do you?

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't suppose you know any, do you?
Not off hand, but I'm sure there's probally a handful of such scripts in the master script list in the scripting section.

Solaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
You could make an event that removes all characters from the party when someone dies and then adds them again, with the ones that are dead being added last. Use conditional branches to check which characters are dead (tab 2 of conditional branch menu, select actor and check for state: death). Shouldn't be too hard.

The tricky part would be figuring out how to trigger the event to run in a good way.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor