Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DeadFunction_BoxArtFront.png
This was a game I started in February as soon as Covid shut everything down! It was meant to be an extremely bare bones and simple game as a means to have something finished under my belt, but I ended up fleshing it out more than intended! It's still retains simplicity but now resembles more of a full game!

Cute and Loud!
Gonner Hills Cemetery has been overrun with evil spirits, zombies and the weird locals! The only hope for ridding the cemetery of this spooky threat is some random kid with psychic powers!

Join Lil Brick as he clobbers ghouls, helps out the locals, and comes face-to-face with the forces behind the mayhem!

Features include:

• A classic turn-based rpg experience wrapped in a cartoon package!
  • Chiptune beats of varying quality!
  • Battle family favorite demons from the Ars Goetia!
  • Attempts at humor!
  • And more!
Big shout out goes to Yanfly, Moghunter, Hudell, SumRndmDde and Fallen Angel Olivia for their awesome plugins that make this game what it is!

DeadFunction_BoxArtBack.png

DeadFunction_Screenshots.png

Ps6rYs.png

You can download the game here:

Attachments

• DeadFunction_BoxArtBack.png
    DeadFunction_BoxArtBack.png
    995.8 KB · Views: 22

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah! This looks super cute! I'll be sure to play it sometime soon :) would you mind if I streamed it on twitch?

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Brooo, this art practically screams Earthbound. I'm definitely taking time to play this once I have more time.

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! And for sure! Having it streamed, is more than an honor!
Sure! I'm just getting started so it might be a little bit before I play it, but I'll let you know!

springrequiem

glaucus atlanticus
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't finished it yet (I'm on the sidequest (presumably) for Knives right now!) but this game is really charming. The aesthetic is A+++. The item descriptions are funny. The characters are funny. I love Leo. It's so CUTE. Mannn. Impressive stuff.

Thanks for sharing it!!!

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Where have you been all my death? Seriously!"

The style and music and overall vibe is so, so good!
I didn't have internet when I played this so I typed everything in notepad as I played so these are my thoughts as I went through the game!

Love how quiet and cool Lil Brick is.
In fact, he's so cool, the bullies get freaked out by him and the demons starts joining him hahahaha, its so fun! You even took it up to 11 when Cammy starts commenting on his whole silent protagonist shtick.
omg the ONE TIME Lil Brick responded to anything is when he nods to Cammy during that boss fight, that's raw. I love.
ALSO WHEN HE SHOOK CAMMY'S HAND....... PRECIOUS......

All these ghost dialogues are charming!
My favorite is this one;
acab.png

The side-character stories are nice too... ;-; Leo, I sypport you...

The DESIGNS of all these monsters and demons are just *chefkiss*
I don't even need to mention the human characters. Absolute kings.

SKSJSKSJKS I JUST MET PAIMON, AND ORIAS JUST. ONE HIT KILL THEM. I..... Orias, my new feral son, i love u

Here are some minor bugs I encountered, but none of them are major enough to affect anything, so they don't ruin my experience at all! Don't worry!
  • Found Gamigin when I just have Ose in party bc I got lost finding Orias, so I dont have Orias in my party but the conversation has Orias involved haha
  • When that one ghost that blocks the gate pass on, it said it dropped the Baseball Card, and when Lil Brick pick it up, there's nowhere in his item list. Same with Knives' Knife.
  • Y-phone still in inventory even after giving it to the woman
  • Knives told Lil Brick their stash can be found by going after ghosts at the "southeast" but I found them at the southwest instead

Overall, this game is a treat! Love it!
Thank you so much for making this!

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sy020 Thanks for playing and especially thanks for the bug finds! Those ones are new to me so I appreciate it!

Haven't finished it yet (I'm on the sidequest (presumably) for Knives right now!) but this game is really charming. The aesthetic is A+++. The item descriptions are funny. The characters are funny. I love Leo. It's so CUTE. Mannn. Impressive stuff.

Thanks for sharing it!!!
No, thank you for the kind words and time of day! :LZSsmile:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only played a very short bit as I am a bit strained for time but I really LOVE the visual style and feel of this!
I will play this some more at a later time :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor