- Jun 25, 2020
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Death by Wyvern (Working Title)
My name is Abigail. For a long time, I've lived on my own, fending for myself in the Citadel's Alleys. But some problems, you just can't face them alone. When the Angels came through Judgment's Gate, it came down to a cleric in training, a mall ninja, a heretic, and a teenage girl to save the world from fire.
I'm a survivor. But a hero... well, that's another question.
Death by Wyvern (working title) follows the adventures of Abigail, Jaden, Kira, and Asher, as they fight back against militant street gangs and fanatical cultists in a world on the brink of fiery destruction. Along the way, they'll find allies to bring new resources to their shelter and work through past trauma, rejection, and delusions to save their home and bring their own stories to a happy conclusion.
Warning: This game contains religious themes, including references to Angels, judgment, and burning "sinners" from cultists. These references are not made toward any particular religious beliefs; rather, they are meant to illustrate fanaticism taken to an extreme.
Game features (v. 0.2.1, last updated 7/22/2020):
- Fight gangsters, cultists, and monsters to save the Citadel
- Sneak past enemies to reach your goal
- Some resource management
- Learn to drive a car
- Get chased by cultists in dark rooms
- Escape makeshift jails by pulling levers and pushing buttons
- Exploit weak passwords to break into top-security laboratories
- Bet money on cards even though I'm only 16 COME ON CYRUS ARE YOU SERIOUS?
- Pick crops with all the excitement of the real deal, and get paid a pittance for your efforts
- Sleep maybe?
- Thwart the forces of evil!
I am looking for feedback on pretty much anything you want to throw my way. This is my first project, so I expect there are a lot of things I can do to improve! Also, "Waffles" is a joke placeholder currency until I pick a real currency.
- Abigail is the main protagonist, a 16-year-old girl who has been living on her own in the squalid Alleys of the Citadel. Though young, she has picked up useful skills on the streets, and can hold her own in combat. She is (understandably) nervous about facing the evils of her new world, but when the cards are down, she'll find the strength to overcome.
- Jaden is a 38-year-old cleric initiate from the Temples. Though old for an initiate, he holds fast to the values of diplomacy his order hold dear. Whether his reluctance to fight is due to his faith or fear of something else remains to be seen.
- Kira Sunblade is the 23-year-old Shikken of the Sunblade Sanctuary. She will let you know that she is Shikken of the Sunblade Sanctuary, and she will use the full title as often as she can. A self-proclaimed protector of the defenseless and downtrodden, Kira's dedication to justice is sometimes eclipled by her eagerness to show off her skills with the blade.
- Asher is a 18-year-old cultists on the run. Hunted by the cult and mistrusted by all others, he is nonetheless knowledgeable about the evil forces lurking in the Citadel's shadows, and his spells often have devastating effects.
- On the night the Angels pass through Judgment's Gate, Abigail frantically seeks shelter from the firestorm. She and Jaden make it to Xydonis, the brainchild of clean energy-magnate Cyrus Inoue. Though Xydonis is a formidable, high-tech stronghold, it is not quite ready to meet the challenges of this new world. Abigail and her allies work together to secure supplies, establish trade routes with outlying communities, and push back against the gangs taking over the streets, all the while trying to unravel the secrets of the cult that brought this destruction upon the world in the first place.
- The game takes place in a modern fantasy setting. The Citadel is divided into several districts, each of which plays its role in the functioning of society. These include the Alleys, the slums of the poor; the Merchant District, the main business hub; the Tech District, home of innovation and Cyrus's company; and the Temples, ancient structures dedicated to the diplomatic and healing clerics.
- Several smaller towns lie outside the Citadel, and players will visit them to establish trade routes and access new items and options.
>>Click here to download from Dropbox<<