Yes I did all this.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah death counter doesn't work, I tried a while back too. Not sure why, so you may want to try an alternative or something.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom which functions of that plugin are you interested in?
In my opinion it is a bit misnamed because several of its functions are not for counting but for countering death, while others could be manipulated to be a number-counter instead of a method to prevent death.

So more details are neccessary to determine what you want, counting deaths or countering death - and where you only misunderstood what the plugin is intended for.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom which functions of that plugin are you interested in?
In my opinion it is a bit misnamed because several of its functions are not for counting but for countering death, while others could be manipulated to be a number-counter instead of a method to prevent death.

So more details are neccessary to determine what you want, counting deaths or countering death - and where you only misunderstood what the plugin is intended for.
If you played FF6 or Romancing saga 2 and 3 or several other classic rpg games there was a spell that functioned as an autorevive spell. Upon the player's death they were revived once until it was used again. VE's plugin can do that. I'm making an rpg in the classic form and I cannot see my game without this function. If any of you see an alternative to this broken plugin please let me know.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're looking to create Reraise, this should do it (unless it broke with an MV update at some point).

Should that plugin not work for whatever reason, or you happen to be using the Yanfly suite, Yanfly has you covered too.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're looking to create Reraise, this should do it (unless it broke with an MV update at some point).

Should that plugin not work for whatever reason, or you happen to be using the Yanfly suite, Yanfly has you covered too.

What about the death counter. Is there a way to modify Yanfly's counter plugin to to include death counters?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about the death counter. Is there a way to modify Yanfly's counter plugin to to include death counters?
What exactly are you looking for here? Your previous post indicated you just needed the Reraise skill.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just talking about one part of the death counter plugin. I'm now talking now about the other part as well since one part of my dilemma has been solved. I was looking at Yanfly's readme for counters and it says this.

EVAL: code
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For those with JavaScript experience, you can use the above line to perform
an eval check to see if the conditions are met for the counter skill. If the
eval check returns 'true', the condition is met. If it returns 'false', the
condition isn't met.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Example: Eval: attacker.name() === 'Harold'
Eval: defender.hpRate() <= 0.50

What if I put in hp is 0 somehow. Will the character/enemy automatically counter if their hp is 0?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What are your experience on trying to boost a MV project on an Android 7+ phone to a constant 60 fps? It's very hard for me(mine is 720x1440 px with Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 and Adreno 506), especially with an ATB system plugin. The best minimum I can get is 30+ fps :)
MZ Spoiler Thread: Blah, blah, blah, blah...
Me: :kaoslp:
Mog: Star Ocean Battle system!
Me:
:MV1:
Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimtan2021