Death in battle crashes the game

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Woland, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Woland

Woland Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The HP goes down to 0, this screen appears:

upload_2019-7-10_11-16-4.png

No clue where to even start looking for a fix. I'm using Chrono Engine for battles.

2. Woland

Woland Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Found it, just ctrl+f-ed through all plugin files and found this in YEP_BattleEngineCore, a plugin that I'm not even using but left ON =='

upload_2019-7-10_11-39-56.png

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    these errors usually happen if either two plugins are incompatible to each other, or if you neglegtec to start a new game after you changed something in the plugin manager.

Most plugins only configure their data in the sequence when pressing the "new game" on the title screen, so adding or removing a plugin requires you to start a new game. If you continue a saved game after changes in the plugin manager, you'll get crashes as soon as the game gets to data that hadn't been configured correctly within the savefile (part of the plugin data is stored there).

additionally it could also be caused by wrong order of plugins (yanfly especially requires the correct order) or wrong configuration in the notetags.

if you need more help, press F8 on that error message and give us a screenshot of the console with the full error trace. And show us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order.

4. Woland

Woland Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for these tips! I always start new game while testing, so this must have been a plugin order issue.

I've gotten rid of the error by removing the unused plugin so no further help is needed. Thank you :)