Classic_Review

Below the Surface Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Logo.png
HURT, MOVE, and TALK though Deaths wacky roommates in this Puzzle RPG.

DeathR.png--Synopsis--DeathR.png
You have died and now you have to complete Death's Challenge if you want to come back to life. However, the task might be a tad... unorthodox.

Fight Deaths roommates in a puzzle-based RPG where you need to HURT, use MOVES, or even TALK to the enemies to gain the upper hand in battle. As you progress, you'll slowly discover the events that lead to your death and question whether or not reviving yourself is even worth it.

min.png--Features--min.png
  • Unique battle system
  • Puzzle rooms
  • Colorful cast of characters
  • 2 ending
  • 1 secret true ending
  • And you get to collect fertilizer (What fun!)

evade.png--Screenshots--evade.png
Screenshot 2022-07-08 195629.png
Screenshot 2022-07-12 132009.png
Screenshot 2022-07-30 203853.png

Iratus.png--Download--Iratus.png
Death's Challange

Mo.png--Credits--Mo.png

----Art/Writing/Programming----

Classic Review (A.K.A Andrew Weaver)

---- Music----

Eric Matyas

----Plugins----

Yanfly

Himi Works

Shaz

SumRndmDde

Galv

Galenmereth
Death's Challenge does feature some content that may be harsh to some uses. Player discretion is advised.

Content Warning include:

- Strong language

- Flashing lights

- Disturbing imagery

"Have fun, Buddy!"

Last edited:

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems fun.
How disturbing is the imagery in this game? Is it like Undertale/Grimm's Hollow levels, straight up horror, or something in between?

Classic_Review

Below the Surface Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems fun.
How disturbing is the imagery in this game? Is it like Undertale/Grimm's Hollow levels, straight up horror, or something in between?
Definitely something in-between those. There is images of blood and death, but none of it is really that gory or explicit.

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks!
It doesn't seem too intense.
I'll probably try it out when i have the time.

CleanWater

Neutral Good Battle Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks interesting. A different take from usual RPG Maker games.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I posted a review on the game jam's page, but forgot to mention one thing and thought I'd post here instead. Overall, I liked nearly everything about this game - the art, puzzles, battle system, and the flashback sequences, and I thought the story was engaging, though possibly not for everyone. I didn't run into any bugs either (though there were some typos throughout the game), so good job!

I don't think I got the true ending, so I might try it again. But I did want to mention that it may be useful to make it easier for the player to save the game without having to walk to and from the save point, especially because one tends to lose battles on the first try (or maybe that's just me!).

In particular, I saved right before going into battle with the last person, but then couldn't find Death again before having to make the final decision that led to the ending - I would have liked to be able to save again so I could see the other ending as well.

Anyway, well done!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba