Deathsmiles, Bosses and Battles!

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Crap! I knew I should have waited a few more days. I bought the Boss pack fro the Japanese site, because they looked so good. Oh well I only paid a few cents more there.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
  2. Srpg

Srpg Veteran Veteran

There is really something wrong with the terms of the 3 art packages I was referring to previously. Most or even all of the graphics packages that are sold on the online asset stores and which are meant for game development purposes can be fully edited 100% for commercial usages. If not, then what is the purpose of selling or buying a package that is supposed to be used in a commercial product when we can't even modify it to suit our projects? If editing is only for personal use, then this completely defeats the main point of selling these 3 packages because people really do not want to see 10 commercial games with the same graphics. Diversity is one of the main important points when making graphics in a commercial product and if we can't edit these packages, then putting them on sale is futile. Personally, if I knew about it, I wouldn't have bought them at their full prices and I would have waited for the discounted ones.

Rpg Maker's community has grown a lot now and with the coming of MV, our community is no longer childish making games only for personal use or ripping graphics from existing games - many of us came from the 2000/2003 version and have opted to make the jump into the commercial arena. Lunarea, maybe you should drop a word about this with the people selling these packages to allow developers to edit the arts for commercial projects.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

I think you misunderstood me... You can edit the files to use personally - in both commercial and non-commercial games. You may not share those edits with others - which is why I labelled it personal use. You can still use them and deploy them in both commercial and non-commercial projects. This is universal across almost all packs we have on sale at the store.

The only exception is the Deathsmiles, which may only be used as is, no edits. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  4. Purzelkater

Purzelkater cat as cat can Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Okay, now this makes sense. ^^ Thanks for clarification, Lunarea. However, the term "(re)distribution" instead of "share" should better fit the license, as I understand. Because - except this Deathsmiles thing  - we are allowed to modify and re-use the graphics on our own work and share (this means to release this graphics as part of the game) it with our games, but we have no permission to redistribute this graphics (no matter if modified or not) as stand-alone package without the game. Am I right so far?

5. Lunarea

@Purzelkater: That's right!

You can edit the material (with the exception of Deathsmiles) and use those edits in your game. You can then share your game commercially and non-commercially with the material included (and protected with some sort of encryption).

You can't:

- Re-distribute the material, whether it's original or edited.

- Make a "game" for the sole purpose of redistributing the material.

I hope that clears it up for everyone. :D

kaukusaki likes this.
  6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Lunarea: Is the encryption required? If so MV can't encrypt so how can anyone use it for MV at all then?

7. Lunarea

Yes, it is. We know that MV can't encrypt by default yet, so some exceptions are made for it. The product license will have more details about it. :)

8. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, good to know. Was curious because if an exception wasn't made for MV then it was useless for MV so it shouldn't be sold as an MV product then (as no one can practically use it).

9. Aleks

Aleks Pixel Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The music is fantastic! I really love the retro and modern track. :)

Scythuz likes this.
  10. TheGuyver

TheGuyver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm on the edge of buying the hibiki pack, but is there any chance of seeing the previews of a few more of the characters sprites?

11. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Aw yiss battle themes. I'm always hurting for those. Thanks @Scythuz, they sound wonderful~

Scythuz likes this.
  12. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Quick question: do Deathsmiles characters include SV actors?

13. DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

No, it doesn't include the SV actors and I'm not sure with it's eula if we can create them for that set.  I would like to know that one.

14. Lunarea

No, you wouldn't be able to create the SV actors. However, we do understand the need and will try to get a product update down the line with SV actors included. :)

DarkstarMatryx and chalkdust like this.
  15. TheGuyver

TheGuyver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I'm guessing there won't be anymore previews for what's in the pack.

16. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These look great!

I have a question about the lords of darkness: How many sprites are there and are they full sprite sheets? By this I mean do they have a sprite facing left, right, up and down. You know for those of us using side battle systems in VXACE?

17. Dream!

Dream! Champagne Mami Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
      Lord's of darkness was lacking in some areas compared to Darkhero and Fantasy Hero  . The character sprites lack more detail and variations. You will receive two Big Boss sprites meaning that you can't use them to have the enemy move around. Some SV enemies don't even face the characters, making them look like an exact copy of the front side version.

There are 8 bosses in total. The facesets and enemy variations are detailed. I recommend this pack to VX ACE users that won't mind the still boss sprites.

I am sure that an update is currently being considered.

Nanaki_Fan likes this.
  18. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for this! Guess  I am going to pass if the sprites don't have 4 way direction facing. :(