Debug Tool

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm testing cutscenes on my game and was wondering about some of the debug tools available.

1. Is there any way to stop an event if I accidentally set it to AutoRun and it keeps on playing because I didn't set a self switch?
  2. Is there any way to proceed when the game freezes due to passability issues not involving the player? (I know for the player, you can hold CTRL and it will allow you to go through things)
  3. Is there any way to suppress a warning about a missing graphic/file?

I am trying to fix up a few maps and scenes that I've made in the past, but I'm feeling like if there isn't a solution to the above, I should just start them from scratch because I am sick of replaying the entire cutscenes over and again, getting a tiny bit through, and then freezing because of an error. I would like to just be able to run through the whole scene and then fix it all at once.

And yes, I should just test as I go along, and I have been doing that with my newer maps and scenes, but these were older remnants I had cataloged for the garbage pile but now found a use for! Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Also, I am using "MV" but I posted here as I assumed the commands would probably apply to all makers if such tools existed. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
  1. Is there any way to stop an event if I accidentally set it to AutoRun and it keeps on playing because I didn't set a self switch?
  2. Is there any way to proceed when the game freezes due to passability issues not involving the player? (I know for the player, you can hold CTRL and it will allow you to go through things)
  3. Is there any way to suppress a warning about a missing graphic/file?

1 - No even on MV.

2 - No again.

3 - You must put the right file or erase the thing that was needing that file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltedFish