Drive

Horror lover
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is quite tedious to check the code and not know where it goes many times. I try to use debug mode like in Google Chrome, but unfortunately RPG Maker MZ isn't a web page either. Does anyone know exactly how it debugged or is it not possible?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you hit F8 to open developer tools, you have the console where you can enter javascript code, and if you go to "sources" you can set breakpoints in the plugins.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why do you claim that MZ is no webpage? The project has an index.html and can be launched with any browser you want.

That said, the RPG-Makers only provide event-level debugging functions themselves, triggered by a playtest flag that is only set by launching through the editor. That enables the control-override to passability and the display pages for variables and switches.

For checking on plugins you'll need external tools or a browser-based debugger

EDIT: ninja'd

Drive

Horror lover
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
why do you claim that MZ is no webpage? The project has an index.html and can be launched with any browser you want.

That said, the RPG-Makers only provide event-level debugging functions themselves, triggered by a playtest flag that is only set by launching through the editor. That enables the control-override to passability and the display pages for variables and switches.

For checking on plugins you'll need external tools or a browser-based debugger

EDIT: ninja'd
Because when inspecting elements you can inspect all the elements of a website, something that with RPG Maker MZ is impossible, you only have one window, you do not have elements within it that you can select, when debugging the game it simply stops without being able to select anything.
If you hit F8 to open developer tools, you have the console where you can enter javascript code, and if you go to "sources" you can set breakpoints in the plugins.
Isn't there a way to debug in real time while playing the game by viewing the code that the player selects? I don't know if I explain myself.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Because when inspecting elements you can inspect all the elements of a website, something that with RPG Maker MZ is impossible, you only have one window, you do not have elements within it that you can select, when debugging the game it simply stops without being able to select anything.

Isn't there a way to debug in real time while playing the game by viewing the code that the player selects? I don't know if I explain myself.
That's what breakpoints do. You set the point in the code where you want to start debugging, and when it hits that it pauses and takes you to that line in the sources tab. You can then step through the code line by line following the flow of function calls, stepping over/into functions as needed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Vaguely toying with demon/tiefling type parts but will probably work on something else first because eventually I'm going to have to make wings and I don't feel up to it yet. In the meantime, this guy:

TestChara-15.gif

I ended up reworking the interface, and Poppet's animations so she has a wand now and waves it to fire a shot. Also I gave her a shadow. Still have to rerender other stuff with shadows but eh.... I like her new "pew pew" wand. :LZSexcite:
PSA: please stop putting the word 'Eternal' in your game titles.
RMMZ: "Simple enough for a child!"
also RMMZ: "What, you're trying to make an RPG and you didn't know about Euler angles?"
I kinda spent the day having my own little gamejam and came up with this Catastrophe!

GZOq45s.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waitwhat312