frozenduckgames.com/NPC1MP4.mp4 - Video
frozenduckgames.com/ScreenShot1.png
frozenduckgames.com/ScreenShot2.png
frozenduckgames.com/ScreenShot3.png

TEAM
frozenduckgames.com/Richard.jpg
frozenduckgames.com/Morgan.jpg

GAMEPLAY

Copper Death is about a young girl who is delving deep into the witch's den to rescue a man that she adhores. The mechanics are action oriented, with items/spells to be used on the map. The style of the game is incremental, so the further down you go the more powerful you get. The only direction is down and there are many paths to pick from. The game is currently in a prototype form, though it is very close to becoming more than that.

ABOUT

My wife and I started working on Copper Death about 4 months ago. We paid for the audio tracks and a lot of the art. I can host a playable demo on our site if we get enough positive response. This is our first attempt at making a game and we have put in a lot of blood and sweat :)

Before we delve into the next 3 months of the work, we wanted to get some feedback from the community. This will aid in helping us figure out what to cut and what to add.

The other reason for this post is possible recruitment for one more to join us. Our goal is to release this game and possible may or may not make any money. Despite the outcome, we will be pushing onto a second game after we complete this one.

Thanks for your feedback,
Richard and Morgan

CREDITS

Yanfly
Galv
Hime

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Well, It looks interesting!

I loved what I watched in the video and I really like to try.

Do your best, please.

Hope I can play the demo version soon :)

krizmn

Occultist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I will get a demo out in the next 5 days. The game is full functional, but when I did a play test people were begging for a tutorial lol.

I'm trying to break a bit away from the typical game that seems to be washed up here over and over again.

*Also I'm really debating on having the entire sprite/tile set redone. The retro look has been over used way too much. I submitted the video/ screen shots/ information to some indie publishers and I got some decent responses. They all pretty much stated that the same thing about not wanting to do any more retro looking games. Two of them asked for prototypes with it functioning on the platforms I plan to release on. This could mean nothing, but on both their sites they stated clearly that they will not respond back to games they are not interested in.

So I am going to throw this out there. We are looking for one more team member to help redo the sprites and tiles. The only thing we can offer is splitting the revenue evenly if we get any.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
To be honest, I think your game idea is not terrible but you have enough games that are more puzzle-like with something similar like the new Bomberman etc. but why use those graphics? It's like playing on the Nintendo again and to be honest only the old popular games are being replayed from those times.

I think you shouldn't have paid for those graphics because there are more than enough free resources out there atm. so that you could make this whole game in MV style. Even MV games in the MV style still get paid for and greenlit on steam. I would suggest doing more research on your options first before deciding on wich course of action you will be taken.

Well good luck with hit wish you co-developers the best!

krizmn

Occultist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I totally agree with you about the graphics and nintendo-style. That is why, before we hit the point of no-return we as a team have the time to move it a bit in a different direction. That is why we decided to throw this up on "Early Project Feedback". It is much better to hear this feedback now than later.

VicWhite

Star rover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Puzzle games are not really my thing, but I like how it looks. If you can manage to launch it for mobile devices, this looks like a fun game to play in between hours.

Good luck with the project!

krizmn

Occultist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm going to focus a bit more on the combat and npc interaction to balance the puzzle part.

@VicWhite I may end up putting more focus on the mobile aspect rather than pc gameplay.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big_Hoss86