bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! Happy December! It is time for...

Wait...dancing snowmen? What is this, a holiday? We got games to make!

Post your December Goals and Progress below.

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First!

I've been smashing out my card game. took a few screenshots of the menus i've been hard at work on and will continue throughout the month. Mostly GUI stuff atm. Will most likely change the menu backgrounds.

@bgillisp Your pinball in rpg maker story helped inspire me.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woohoo. I finished nothing! Uh...finish something. I guess? I have a massive lot of half notated scores. I’d surely like to finish one, but December is going to be a pretty transformative month in my personal life and naturally there are holidays. So. Here’s hoping!

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust Thanks :) But I don't need that much money - 20€-30€ per month is enough, because I don't like to go to work on weekends.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goals for December:
Sadly RL will slow me down significantly until December 16th. Once I hit that work hours go to holiday hours which means a lot more free time (though sadly, a lot less $$$ too). So these goals are based on a half-month to work on the game.

-Hire an artist to make the sprites for the 8 characters for Shipwrecked.
-Add sprites and motion to the cutscenes in Shipwrecked. I'd like to get to the halfway point in the game which is the Academy Cutscene.
-Add a true intro to the game. Right now what I got is just a little text.
-Get a title screen made for Shipwrecked.
-Write up the plot for the game after Shipwrecked. Some ideas have come to me this weekend so I'll be dabbling in this over the next month or two as well.

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Until Dec 16th? Really? That exact date? That's my birthday!

Already starting your second game?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FleshToDust : Starting? I actually started it earlier when I was waiting on the tester reports, gave me something to do. The script is for my 3rd game actually, though I may move it to 4th as it is for a game as long as The Book of Shadows, and I want to do a few shorter ones first.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This year I have acomplished the outstanding numbers of:

- 0 projects finished
- 1 demo released
- 1 resource released
- 0 original art finished
- 53 kiwi fruit eaten

and overall:

- 0 will to live leave rpg maker!

Mainly because of my pc dying in febraury... but this year was kinda slow for me in rpg :kaoswt2:

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Winter tends to be a slow season for me, but right now I'm working on releasing an older game of mine, Roguelite, a 100-floor dungeon crawler roguelike, on Android. It's an older project of mine that I abandoned a long time ago, then finished it late last year and released it on Steam, and now I'm working on adding some more features to release it on the Play Store before possibly beginning work on Roguelite 2.

It was originally intended to be a "free with ads" game, but a bunch of different reasons prevented that from happening (and still do) so it'll be a paid app, which is unfortunate, but should still add some to my income stream regardless.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
November was pretty taxing for me, with thanksgiving, lots of family reunions, being ungodly broke and personal drama, and December is looking to shape up to be about the same.:yswt:

My main goal for December is to finish my games opening, refine my cut-scenes a bit, redesign a few NPCs that didn't turn out as well as I hoped and make enough progress in my project where I can comfortably post a thread for here on the forums. Writers block can be a jerk though.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal is to have all of the side quests and lore pieces completely written out on my Wiki (which I'm making for organization purposes, it's an open world game so you need a lot of that) and at least 1 more dungeon mapped out on grid paper.

My goal is to hopefully be done with the entire game by the end of 2020, but it is more realistic to assume it would be done summer 2021.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goals for December:
- Finish writing the cutscenes for ACT II of my game
- Finish mapping/eventing ACT I of my game
- Open voice acting auditions for ACT II

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope to finish my new game's base architecture. I'm one of those guys that need to recode most of their game's base code. Myabe I'll get to starting coding my new tactics battle system.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finishing up a dungeon and then doing a bunch of story scenes.

hopefully get started on the planning and design of the next dungeon—which I feel like will be super long.

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For December, now that I've gotten all systems created and *working, I hope to finish a gameplay trailer for my second game. Once the new year hits I just need to buckle down and pump out story content.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For December, I'm hoping to FINALLY finish one of my character's battle motions. I'm ALMOST there lol. I just need a few more moves to be drawn out and I'll be able to move on to next one!

ScreenShot_11_21_2019_7_34_16.png

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I don't have as much time this month, compared to last, but as for my goals:
- Finish the status menu window
- Continue work on the battle system

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
December is another dicey month here since I work retail. Then again, what month in retail isn't?
November turned out surprisingly well. I even got a game jam release out of it!

I'll likely be spending the first part of December bringing that up to standards given the feedback received on that project, and the second part likely will waffle back and forth between working on my OTHER project and bringing that up to speed, and holiday stuff.
Between the two parts of the month it will be time to change to my winter avatar as well. Another season, already?

And after that will be watching the ball drop in New York on TV and the start of another year! Or decade if you are in the camp of a new one starting on years ending in zero rather than one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBIZA