l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So plan for December is to have a demo up for Starshard: Riverlords. Which means finishing a few little things.

Beyond that, not much of goal setting as this is the month of me having very little time to spend on hobby stuff.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've Joinned the Scream Solstice Jam so all i've been doing is documenting, gathering resources for this prototype, playing around with plugins to get the best horro atmosphere and writing the plot.

It has been pretty cool for me cuz the theme is Horror and Superstition and i've discovered a new passion last year when i began watching a bunch of horror movies.

empresskiova

Untitled Project1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another comeback!

This time my goal is pretty simple. Accomplish anything for the current project, Solar Coast that I can. Get some decent backdrops, and start cranking out levels. Or, start eventing the 3-4 summons. That part will surprisingly be easy.

Since the game itself reuses a mechanic that doesnt require mapmaking, it should be breezier.

Tonight’s goal; get the intro area done. So far the tavern’s done and the town center is ready. Just need an image for it. Only need to do the church and general store (and second floor for the general store)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Well This month apart the BB-fight and trying to not go broke, I'll try to finish a spaceship and a few other RPGM related graphics.

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pick up where I left off in...October with resolving my MV freebies.
Finish my themed dungeon tileset, test enemy TV sprites.
Set up itch page and reach out to Degica for (hopeful) store submission.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Originally this was supposed to be the end month for my project but of course life happened and so did my creative direction. That said, I have made a bit more progress on my implementations of the first optional item which functions as an easy way out. Of course, since there's also a normal evac skill and the fact that dungeon continuance occurs from the entrance at game over (as opposed to field continuance which sends you back to confessional) I have added a cooldown timer which blocks use of the item so that you're forced to rely as much on the normal evac methods as you are with the last-option approach. (Also, there's a checkpoint hole system which opens passages leading back to the entrance (and vice versa) after solving an important puzzle or clearing a midpoint boss encounter.)

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
December goals:
-finish setting status window (by this week) check!
-finish filling weapons in database (probably by the end of next week)
-test the game for demo release on early 2020.

So far, so good :D

Last edited:

empresskiova

Untitled Project1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress!

Gameplay:

Got Seles done, it just needs a couple aesthetic tweaks.
-The Explore button repeats a line over and over, easily fixed with a Self Switch.
-Resize the background pics for the church and town area.

Road to Rodei 1 (of 5), basically done, also needs simple tweaks.
-Use a Self Switch to prevent looting if the Zombie(s) wasn’t killed, but rather ran away from.
-Get a background pic.

Database:
-Evented up a “Camp” common event, for cooking raw food and rudimentary healing on the fly.
-Got the frameworks for this game’s “Libra” Spell and Passive.
-Attached Gold Prices to gear. Weapons will be next (for those not already given a price).
-Threw together “Grow Vegetables” common event.
-Began planning Summoned allies abilities.

Notable Goals:
-Get Road to Rodei 2-5 done.
-Get Framework for “Steal” action ready.
-Get “Dash Off” ability evented.
-Get Summon abilities evented.

Less Pressing Goals:
-Test to see if Dual Wielders can Dual Wield 2Handed equipment. If they can, make adjustments. Barbarians shouldn’t be dual wielding Warhammers. ;)
-Dissallow Buckler usage on classes who aren’t supposed to be able to use it. (Bucklers are effectively Shields that most classes actually get to use, but aren’t really worth it for Mage types).

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goals:
-Finish the Hyza Industries Biotech Lab location and related story mission. I hope to finish this in the next two weeks.
-Finish the explore-able apartment buildings in the East District.
-Test to make sure everything works well.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Decided to take a week off from MV to prevent burn out so I've been monkeying with Visual Novel Maker again. Kind of fun to just write dialogue and see the output almost immediately, even if I'm now obsessing with trying to create a custom image map for deciding the main character's background and appearance.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that im "done" with my comissions and the stealth system in my game i can (hopefully) go back to spriting :kaophew:

Im almost done with one of the bosses at the moment, finished the base animation and some of the attack animations, i need to work on the remaining details like the "destroyed" (or exploding?) animation and also eventing the AI once im done spriting so the bossfight works as i want it to... :kaoswt2:

Tank_cannon.gif
tank_missile.gif

Maybe ill release it formatted as an SV battler when im done who knows :kaopride:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that im "done" with my comissions and the stealth system in my game i can (hopefully) go back to spriting :kaophew:

Im almost done with one of the bosses at the moment, finished the base animation and some of the attack animations, i need to work on the remaining details like the "destroyed" (or exploding?) animation and also eventing the AI once im done spriting so the bossfight works as i want it to... :kaoswt2:

Maybe ill release it formatted as an SV battler when im done who knows :kaopride:
This looks awesome- very sci-fi. What's your game about & who is this character?

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks awesome- very sci-fi. What's your game about & who is this character?
Im pretty much making my own "Metal Gear" inspired game so its a military sci-fi setting and that is one of the bosses for a mission.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im pretty much making my own "Metal Gear" inspired game so its a military sci-fi setting and that is one of the bosses for a mission.
Very cool. I'd love to see it whenever you post it. :)

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm doing the Flurry of Owls jam event at RMN. Why? I guess I want the badge. Well it only has to be a 10 minute game about owls. I'm sure I can come up with something before the end of December.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finish the Unholy Temple location in the Cube Trail, my only game with a published demo. Maybe get a working demo published of my post apocalyptic game, The Wastes, if I'm really lucky. The Wastes has at least 4 hours of gameplay already, but I need to find a good point to cut it off for the demo and tie up loose ends.

Zreine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
My game is still in early stage, but:
-Learn about using Dragonbones and test it out.
-Make interesting skills and weapons. (The thing is that I want early skills and early equipment to stay useful even late in the game, I also want to avoid the traditional elemental skills, so I need to make my brain work for this one.)
-Work on some characters design.
-Better the UI of the game, so far I don't like it yet.
That's about it, I don't think I'll be able to do much more in December because of the Holidays and all.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Weekly Update:
-Started work on the script for the game after The Book of Shadows.
-Figured out some details on weapon/armor improvements I want to make in that game.
-Mapped the last zone for Shipwrecked and placed the final boss.
-Edited more cutscenes so the characters show up on map for them.
-Added all but 1 secret room. That is, unless I add some optional areas and give them a secret room or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Variable testing. If you're poor they're not a fan.
if you want learn free cool stuff for game dev .
Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteMage