TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lately, I've been mostly mapping the Terraform city for the next part of my game. Also made a new plugin for my equip scene.
TLC Terraform.png

TLC equipslots.png
Keep up the good work, everyones!

Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As we head into December, I'm starting to feel really good about the progress I've made in my game. Worked on it pretty heavily the last few days. I fleshed out much more of the first areas so there's a lot more to interact with now. Added a few NPCs to the town and the ability to restore the town to its proper state (rather than being abandoned and run-down). Also started implementing a battle system that I'm really liking thanks to VisuStella's Battle Core.

In the upcoming week, I'll be working on tuning up the battle system and adding a dungeon area and more enemies to the game. I'm hoping to have an update for the demo ready before the end of the week because there really isn't a whole lot to do in the one I have up now, it's pretty shameful.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I updated my title screen for my post apocalyptic project, and finally finished the game over screen. I'm debating whether or not to change the sand in the top picture to the same as the bottom one.

TheWastesTitleBase4.png
GameOver.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@cthulhusquid not too gritty to the eyes but I love how you demark your art by not just putting a skeleton half buried in the sand for a Game Over. ^^

Got a commission and I do have to get over my fear to log on some place to get my money. >.< Also found something neat to use as live models for my characters. The best part is that I realized that I wasn't that off with my depictions and odd angles and all.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got 2 goals for this month

Goal #1 - get "The Cursed Tower" ready for beta by my team! I have evented all cutscenes. All that is left now is to place all the enemies, cut voiced lines, and apply lines!

Goal #2 - this one I have to finish by the 20th, so wow only 11 days left wahahaha. I joined a Secret Santa Jam and thought this the perfect opportunity for a fun, bite-sized game and complete the One Map Challenge whilst I'm at it (yes I am making sure this is in the realm of what my giftee would like)! I decided to use VX Ace since I hadn't for awhile. It's called "Maze for You" and instead of generating a hedge maze, I am trying to map it since I want progression to handle a certain way. 'Twill be fun to see what I can do with only 10 events, but the limit prevents me from becoming too ambitious, plus when I add voice acting there won't be a lot to deal with (if not by the deadline, it'll be added as an update since I'm low on time)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Decided today that for a number of reasons (okay, so it's mostly because of an unresolvable bug in the Xbox version) that I'm going to scrap the Dragonbones plugin in terms of my project requirements. To compensate for this without eliminating any bosses or mobs, I'm in the process of going through all of the project assets and creating sprite sheets for each of the enemies that previously used the retired plugin. (I'd show you a few examples if I could, but I'm a big fan of the Librarium style. And unfortunately I cannot do a before/after comparison because of the P*tr**n[1] rules for those assets.)

[1]: I still wish they could have a verification policy for links instead of this outright censorship, even though I understand why they did it. But I'm pretty sure that you can fill in the gaps without buying the vowels.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmm...ok
What I mean is that posting or sharing the sprite sheets is not going to work in this context because of the P*tr**n requirement, so a before/after of the process is not a feasible provision. Otherwise I would show you what I did.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, that sucks...

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's an enemy I made.
It's so kawaii I wouldn't want to hurt it, noooo.

December 2020 Goals

• Finish 4 facesets, 2 sections of map, items arts, events for upcoming January video in which the playerbase will get to choose which voice actor wins the spot for the role.
  • Learn basic video edit skills so that the January video won't look sloppily made or boring.
  • Finish setting up all the social media places for the game.
  • Choose the top voice contenders out of the 300+ auditions we've received.
  • Atmospheric backdrops to be done for the in-game settings.
Current Status
  • 1/4 facesets completed, you can see a preview of the blinking part of that faceset:
  • Social Media sites up, but WiP. Main site, Discord, Insta, FB, Twitter, tumblr, Soundcloud, DevArt!
  • Events complete just waiting on asset replacements.
  • Started drawing in the assets for the map scenes.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Thank you, I'm happy you like them...your the first to talk about my pixels [I take requests], and I do small but detailed stuff...would you like me to make something for you?

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Bendyizzt o wo Free art? Ahhh my friend has a difficult time with bullies so I might request some cute pixels for him, I'll private message you soon?

And I hope you reach your December goals for gamedev!

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Sure, you can anytime...

Like you can right now...and yes I do free pixel art for people.

Edit: If anyone can, I'm asking if someone could do an anime-ish drawing of me and in return, I'll make a pixel something for you...but unless you just want a pixel thing then I'll do it...

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that could've been done with just a second line, we don't double post around here like that. I also have a thing of not wanting to have to point these matters out (because there's only so far to go with that as well) but you don't need two posts for the same thing.

EDIT: That's also a very nice offer.

EDIT 2: As an example edit of my post, I'm updating on my progress with the animation switch. Specifically, I have now completed all of the sprite sheets in my encounter order, up to the third guardian battle.

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Bendyizzt

If you post and then find you have forgotten something, here is the Edit button! You'll find it tucked neatly at the end of every post you make so that you can go back and edit it instead of making a separate new post.

editthing.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Bendyizzt , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged your posts together.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Nevermind...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to use a simple animation for a feature of Aletoirs Feast so now I'm touching for the first time the animation system of RM, hope the final result doesn't look too bad hahaha :kaoswt2:

How much n would you tolerate having the screen and the options shake/mock for every wrong answer you give in a hypothetical game?
I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.
Only 2 projects ongoing, but not quite started yet: World of Persona (you know how it would go by the name) and GAN.
First one would be kinda of a Persona game, (but international not only Japanese!!!), and the other one is just for Spain (at first) (because it needs to be done for each country after all, it's an all-branches educational game)
As far as i can finish World of Persona, it means GAN is viable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artus90