Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am trying to implement Victor's Map Turn Battle script, so the player can fight on my maps instead of the normal VX Ace battle screen. Unfortunately, I have to change my lighting system to be compatible, and this means replacing the hundreds of lighting events throughout my maps. As for the map turn battle script itself, I'm having some trouble configuring it correctly. I also want to implement a map in the menu, but since there's practically no scripts that do it, I have to have one made.

On the plus side, I've redone the class selection screens so they are more interesting. I've been doing a lot of brainstorming too, for ideas with how to handle factions.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A few change ups in my goals for the remainder of this month...

As I had already told my teammates of all active projects I'll take the week of Christmas to recharge (been leaning too close to burnout), the new goals are....

Remainder of this week to finish "Maze For You" since it's only one map, 10 events. As it's due for a jam. And if I have any time left for this week, RE/COUNT RE:VERSE is very close to done, so I'll be working on that too. I think these two projects will be my last released for the year, and my non-RPG projects resume activity next year lol.

I already feel better since yesterday I didn't think about game dev, I didn't open any engines, I just relaxed and got some favorite snacks! Hence why I am up for just a little today.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Colored 3 AH lettership spaceship now and got corrected the trusters.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I lied a bit. Although technically the one that I didn't complete with the others doesn't exactly count since he's one of the main villains in the game. Additionally I have now also completed the sprite sheet conversions for the endgame bosses, and will now turn my attention to the next guardian which is loosely based on the Wukong legend.

EDIT: Lied again. There's another boss I forgot about, but I'm going to address that now.

EDIT 2: And it's done!

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finally completed the one map challenge, I can cross that off my list. Though I will update it with voice acting later.

Worked more on RE/COUNT RE:VERSE. I should be done with the second route in one day when I start dev'ing next week. I'm pretty confident I can get the full version out before year's end.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That's good to know...

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Working hard on the battle system, but I am not too optimistic on finishing this month and might not have that much time to work on it come december.
I'd love to get a tech demo for the batttle system out by the end of the year, but I highly doubt thats feasible.

Yeah, pretty spot on.
I got enough skills for a preview video done:

Also made a gamepage, but no way do I have enough stuff done for a demo.
Plus introducing all these things works for a video, but just throwing them at a player might not be the best idea, so I guess I'll stick to making a small demo with the intro and starting forest once I have that done.

New Goals for the next month(s):
- finish intro and starting forest
- implement more "simple" skills
- implement menu (at least for setting skills prior to battle)
- maybe finish the basics for some other planned skill types (glyphs, preparations, signets, summons, conditions, ...)

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, the last time I posted in this thread was November 14, so let's go to the updates of my projects, life, etc... :stickytongue:

This month I worked a lot more and I am having some family issues, but when I have problems I think it's better for me because I am more motivated to do my things, it's funny but I work best when I am angry than when I am happy... But that's life. So, I supposed to move to Bangkok this year, but Covid happened and my plans were delayed and the money of my country (Brazil) is so bad right now that my savings are just for the minimal, that's why I am working a lot more so I can have a stable work only in the Game Industry, tired to work in other things and don't do what I really want to do with my life.

Well, now after a little background about myself, let's go to what happened this last month and this month because I have a lot of goals to complete yet before 2021!

On my last post I decided that my goals would be this:

Goals to end 2020
  • Get a job (fulltime or part-time) in Games to move and work only on games.
  • Get 1000 views on my Youtube channel at least.
  • Get 2000 views on my itch.io page and games at least.
  • Get 150 followers on my Twitter account at least.
So let's go see what I completed!

1) Get a job(fulltime or part-time) in Games to move and work only on games. FAIL FOR NOW

So, right now I am working with games, but I don't have a salary for it: I have some games to show to game publishers and people that helps funding games but I still didn't worked on their Pitch maybe because I am scared that they don't going to like the ideas, I don't know... I think it's the mongrel complex that we have here in Brazil with other countries, like that we are not good enough to compete with people from USA, Canada, Japan and other places in the world. But as I am writing this, I decided I am going to do a pitch for both my new games and hope for the best, I know that there are public for both of them!

2) Get 1000 views on my Youtube channel at least. COMPLETE

1608700508808.png

So guys, the good news is: It's complete! I don't have many subscribers and I didn't post a lot of content yet but I am happy that this is one achievement complete: I need to focus more in upgrading my marketing and I know how to do it so I only need to focus... And by the way, I am really happy to announce that most part of my views is from the Demo Trailer that I posted about Luke Inn!

1608700654012.png

If you guys want to see it, click here to see the demo trailer! I think even this demo trailer could help me do a good pitch to game publishers! Ah guys, and don't forget to subscribe too! :D

3) Get 2000 views on my itch.io page and games at least. FAIL FOR NOW

This is hard buuuuuuuuut If I focus I can do it! Here is the numbers for now!
1608701260084.png
I still need 270 views and it will be complete! Here is the link to my games on itch.io!
I have 9 days, so let's do some math: If I need 270 views, I need at least 30 views per day to make my goal something real, and that's really good! I think is a good goal because it's not an absurd, I think most of the game developers put some huge goals and when they don't complete the became anxious, so that's a huge problem... Well, keep focusing on the good things guys!

4) Get 150 followers on my Twitter account at least. FAIL FOR NOW

So, this one is the most complicated of all!
1608701942264.png
Right now I have 118 followers and they are amazing, but I wanna improve it a little more, so let's do some math AGAIN: I still need 32 followers to achieve my goal and I have 9 days, so basically I need 3~4 followers per day at least... This is hard because I still don't know how people uses a lot of Twitter, I am more used to Instagram, but I don't use that to work things, only personal photos... But let's see if that is gonna be possible!

By the way guys, there are more things that I need to do it!

I need to finish a GDD to a game that I am working on it too, so there is a lot of cool projects for me, but I still don't have a fixed salary and that is my biggest problem for now, because If I want to move to another country that is better than Brazil, I need at least some safety in the money department hahahahaha

But guys, thank you so much everyone from the RPG Maker Forum, you really helped me a lot this year, I meet a lot of amazing people here and I hope to keep doing this and you guys should do it too!

Thank you so much, and let's keep the hard work!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another falsehood that I didn't account for. I had two other bosses that I had to convert to sprite sheets, which is now completely done. I also did so for another boss that is still only partially implemented (since although there are shadows of the guardians which are intended to show up during the endgame, I have not yet placed this one in the main story) and I'm in the process of doing likewise for some of the field spawns.

In the meantime I have just a few things left to sort out with the asset change (including the addition of an implosion overlay during the evac at the start, and scaling down the sprite sheets) and preparing the portable for any issues or additions that arise over the holiday break.

EDIT: Looks like the overlay was more trouble than it was worth - major performance sink, and practically unplayable. I'm going back to the shake effect across all builds, which I have potentially officially ruled out as the issue.

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with that, makes it more organized around here. Meantime I have found a very annoying issue with the Xbox build - for some reason the movement speed was going up in the latest revision (and it was starting almost at the end of the evac scene at that, of all the ironic places in the story to have it happen) so of course I had to add a counterbalance to the system manager routine to slow things down. I also haven't tested it yet (and will do so tonight) but having it set like that should hopefully make all of the movements the same regardless of circumstance (and in fact I have always found the ship speed difference to be annoying as f*** compared to how movement in retro games is supposed to work).

And with that I close out 2020 due to the holiday weekend. Merry Christmas, happy holiday tidings and see you in 2021!

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Long term, I’m looking to finish my game by the end of summer. In the meantime, I want to produce a demo within the next month or two to get feedback. This will be my first official game, and I’m excited to show it off!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW THRE... errrrr Year!

I am making the lab better here and using my packed box as my presents. I continue to do illustrations and made 3 colored spaceship sprites... 6 to go and resize.

You all take care. ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D
Paid material WIP~
EysZO9cVEAEWy9W

This is Alchemy pack.
I decided to add more witch elements.

Now we have wooden props, candles, pots, and potion bottles.
We also want to add herbs, kettles, fireplaces, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shinokamiyato