bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all, it's (almost) December, which means it is almost the end of your year. Let's finish strong on our games. Post your December Goals and Progress below.

Display-Image-Sarah.png
And be sure to work on your games, else I will mail you a Shiny Rock for Christmas!

Hey, who let her write in here? Anyways, work on your games, or Sarah will mail you a Shiny Rock. And you don't want that for Christmas do you?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Will try to work on the lettership stuff for everyone. (Just hate those IRL battles are just eating all of my time and creativity.)

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal is to make more progress than I made previous month...

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goal is to start working on a game and just getting myself to commit to a story goal.

megumi014

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goals are very broad for this month...

For the game I'm doing with a friend: finish placing all the event placeholders to be able to play from start to end, since we are almost done with the plot.

For the game I'm doing alone: continue researching to try and break my inspiration block on the plot.

RetroExcellent

Cute Kiwi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My Goal for December is to make an all new tileset for my modern city, a full sprite sheet of monster, and figure out how to get QABS to work with more than one character.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal on December is to take a good rest. :biggrin:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I can't believe it's nearly December :o

Goals:
- Fix bugs that come up for Fairy Cabs.
- Sprite sprite sprite
- Start working on my main project again.

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bgillisp : I don't know, how shiny is this Shiny Rock? Totally asking for a friend.

November wasn't much in the ways of progress for me, at least not on the game side of things (some life progress was made, though!). I am, however, currently trying new ADHD meds and their side effects are tolerable, and I'm actually currently painting something that has a chance of getting finished (and I'm not quite as rusty as I thought I'd be) so I actually have hopes of working on my game for real this month.
That's pretty much my goal for December. Just... work on my game. If I had a layout and sketch version of the map up and running, I'd be even happier, but let's not get ambitious, self.
Bonus: Since it's December, I won't have many appointments draining my energy. High hopes!

Everyone, have a nice and productive month once it's started!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My goals for december is to finish Corruption, I only have a few more maps to finish and a few more dialogues, and hopefully I'll get the rest of my busts for the characters and can get all the events changed and done. So hopefully by January I will have a complete game to share with everyone!

Bbut hey! Check out the new bust of Xen the Cattai, and Zaheer!

Isn't Makio-Kuta Amazing! I love her and her art so much!

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal is to probably fully finish or add more to my IGMC game because I have this VERY EERIE feeling I'm not gonna finish in time. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'm not happy with it rn and really don't have time to fix the issues.

But, regardless. Definitely want to work on my sprites + animations, learn how to do character behaviors, study background/tile art....and yeah!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Chiara : No one knows. All they know is she has been trying to get rid of the rock for over a year and no one seems to want it.

My December Goals:
For the next game:
-Try to get a functioning database for the next game. I've got the skills entered in for all the classes, all armors done, some weapons done. The states database needs help though and that will be next once the weapons are finished.
-Map the first few town maps.

For The Book of Shadows:
-Put the finishing touches on the strategy guide.
-Fix three cutscenes on the to fix list. They are the big reveal scene in Chapter 2 (just needs a little tweak), the news broadcast in Chapter 3 (transition is awkward so needs a fix in how it transitions), and the confrontation in Chapter 9 (this one is just bad and needs a full rewrite, as the current version reads like a 2nd grade story). The higher priority is the 3rd one, the others are livable but fixing them would help make the game better if I have time for it.
-Add a couple animations to a cutscene in Chapter 5, and a cutscene in Chapter 7.
-Fix up some graphics in a cutscene in Chapter 9.
-Make a decision about maps and automaps. I'm thinking I'll go for a quick and basic version where you can access a map of the area if you are in a town, but it will not show your current location on it. Though if I can add current location on it I'll do it.
-Investigate a way to turn off F12 = reset the game. All the solutions to the issue I've seen I don't like as they are still buggy (even Dekita's can crash the game if you hit F12 at the wrong moments), and I want to avoid adding an external .dll to the project if at all possible.
-See if I can fix the issue with Shaz's Mouse Script and Effectus. As many issues as I've hit with Effectus throughout this project and it not having support anymore I am disputing dropping it and using Theoallen's script again, if only it wouldn't corrupt everyone's saves if I did that (and why an anti-lag script had to edit save files I do not understand to this day). As it is I've already decided this is the last project that will use that script.
-See if I can fix the issue with Shaz's Mouse Script and Fullscreen++.

Quite a laundry list as you can see. Let's see how it goes.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Participating in the IGMC left me feeling like I might finally be able to do more than just post once in this monthly thread, but we'll see. I'll keep my fingers crossed for myself. :p

My ideal goal for December would be to finish chapter 1 of the game and/or get to a point where I can release a demo. That would mean:
  • Writing the last bits of pre-liminary script (for chapter 1) I've been working on
  • Doing 5-10 maps (some of which are half done already)
  • Eventing the second half of the story (possibly without any branches for starters though I'd ideally like to do them as well; adding them later sounds a bit messy)
  • Testing some plugins (some time ago someone released a battle system plugin which is pretty close to what I've been dreaming of, so I feel tempted to get it)
  • Designing one or two boss battles (one will probably revolve around focusing on right targets at the right time, but the other one... elements, maybe? Depends on if I can make the correct choices obvious enough)
Bonus goals revolve around graphics (swapping RTP for FSM tiles and custom graphics, finishing one battle theme), but I might do a bit of everything depending on what motivates me. Despite what I said above, my main goal is try to get back to the routine of game-making.

Alternatively, I might try to review some IGMC games and maybe record my playthroughs - or do both, but that might be a bit idealistic, heh.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My December goal is to... get more sleep.
Seriously. Christmas vacation can't come soon enough.

That aside, planning on fixing some of the mistakes on River Lord that I didn't have the time to fix (like my inability to math at times) and readd in the option to change name and gender (as it was removed due to time constraints). After that, I'm going to work on a class/training plugin to simplify my disturbing amount of nested IF loops in events. Update more of the monsters and finish other related artwork.

Goal is to get River Lord to about 5-10 hours and then return to working on Starshard (with perhaps a tie in between the two).

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Meant to say it on the previous post but forgot, those busts are awesome looking.

Spent most of today in school (yes on a Saturday) and then pretty much just played IGMC 2018 entries.
I did manage to fix one of the events I didn't get the time to fully implement in the IGMC release but that led into breaking the map and requiring that to be fixed. Did fix the passability issues on another map someone mentioned. Edited the sprites for another unknown character and swapped out mouse sprites for the larger rat-like ones from the SF stuff.
Yesterday I did manage a few more slimed/corrupted monster sketches but still quite a few to go.

So... December is off to a good start I think. Hopefully I can keep that up provided my finals don't make me cry.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My main goal this month is surviving through the 15th so I can be done with college. :rswt

Project-wise, I'm working on idle animations for my sprites:
1JVTzLq.gif
0vgtMJB.gif

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of my goals this month are IRL (new job, new city, part-time classes) so not much room for RPG Maker.

But I've finally dropped my 'experimental project' that was pretty much my first project that I was using to learn how everything worked. I started a brand new project that will be my real actual project for a game, and my goal is to complete 3 maps this month (mapping + events).

I'm also working on a plugin to build a GUI editor for a skill tree system that I would like to complete this month.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to finish my second game demo, so my goal for the month is spreading the word and getting the game out there!

MrB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess I'll try to find a team to work with, because all alone, I won't amount to much.
Which means, I'll have to figure out what I'm good at, and create small protoypes, or games to showcase my unparr uhh... lel genius.

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll probably start working on game balance for Our Adventure. That and fix a few errors in the script I made before anybody notices them, I hope :kaoblush:There's a few plugins I'm willing to try to make, hopefully I can find time for that.

Other than that, I'll probably play some of the IGMC entries and write up reviews for them. And prepare for Christmas. And... well, we'll just have to see.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackYonder