December Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Progress Update:
    Break day! Those are important. It might sound unintuitive, but taking breaks improves productivity long-term (let's just hope it didn't destroy my new-found habit of working on my project daily xD).

I might do more in articy draft today, or instead start brainstorming what Ned's callable friends are doing and their general reaction to his call/calls. Or both. While unlikely, that's also possible.

Rabosion and Punamaagi like this.
  2. kaiijuu

kaiijuu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm working two jobs and trying to focus on building a portfolio so all I've worked on is character busts/redoing sprites. I figure I should focus on my art/maps and such for my failed IGMC submission and make it super nice and THEN go back into scripting/eventing it all out :3

Marquise* likes this.
  3. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've decided to ditch my projectile-based system. I'm gonna try combining Hime's event triggers and Yanfly's button common events plugins in order to have evented interactions with the environment - setting things on fire with one button, using an item with a different one, activating a shield with a third one... I haven't played around with the plugins yet so no idea if they'll work in harmony or not.

I'm still having trouble getting the lighting to do what I want it to. Particularly, during battles and then afterwards. It looks weird during battle, but turning it off is also weird, and then I have to turn it back on afterwards. I dunno... I want to have it, but I'm spending too much time trying to get it to work how I want it to.

I also designed some puzzles, but only for one room. And it led to me wanting to make an item creation system, so I'm gonna work on setting up stuff for Yanfly's item synthesis plugin.

Marquise* likes this.
  4. empresskiova

empresskiova Untitled Project1 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Back to RPG Maker Dev’ing:

Goals for Arcane Paradise:
    Size down the World Map, it’s needlesly large. No harm done.

Continue making chats for the denizens of Izica.

Finish up Ruined Village chats. There’s only 2 characters to make for.

Goals for Calvin’s Quest:
    Continue doing the system test eventing.

Maybe jot down a level or two in a notebook.

No clue how much of this I’ll finish, but I’m in no rush. Plus, having two games means that when I have a block on one, I can do another :p

Marquise* likes this.
  5. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ran into small wall where I couldn't get the cheek decals from showing up when I used Blender's Hue/Saturation slider to change things. But I fixed it, and now my adorabrew little Punis have 7 different cheek decals.
    1) The common little colored circles.
    2) Star and Pentagram.
    3) Gears.
    4) 3 Stripes (like tiger stripes).
    5) Hearts
    and
    6) Thought Bubble.

I think that along with at least 7 colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, and White) will allow a good degree of customization. And it'll be cool when a character evolves and those decals show up in the evolved forms. So I feel accomplished ^_^.

Puni#1.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Marquise* and Rabosion like this.
  6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Some updates from this week:

-Added mouse support and tested how it works for events through early Chapter 2. The thing is with the ACE mouse script you have to make sure to add a set move route player (none) to the start of events else the player will keep walking when the event starts running.
    -Small edits to Chapter 1 cutscenes. The edits were little things like adding more movement when appropriate, or changing who said what line so it is more in character.

Marquise*, Rabosion and TheGreatEater like this.
  7. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Progress Report:
    • added the rough version of part 2 into articy draft. I think I slowly am getting the hang of this. Btw, I divided the game in parts based on interruption, it's easier to work that way, well, plus the 'intro'. It's a total of 6 parts, all differently sized.
    Need to do some organization in the articy draft project, it's starting to become obvious I'm the one doing the dev work (read: it's utter chaos in there).

Marquise* and Rabosion like this.
  8. CrowStorm

CrowStorm Check my résumé, your residence is residue Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

I managed to release the first Episode of Road to Paradise: The Staircase. Which was probably more of a November or maybe even October goal for me honestly but the important thing is...it was ACHIEVED. ...in December.

Super anxious as Archeia and company review my GID thread before it's made public. I'm psyched for people to be able to see it, put a lot of info into the game thread (which is probably the first game *thread* I've made since GW.)

Rabosion, Marquise* and mobiusclimber like this.
  9. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Progress Update:
    • added some placeholder graphics to articy draft to make it easier for me to look at things. For about half the characters I had old drawings I could use, the rest I quickly scribbled. Yay placeholders! For one character, though, I actually finally pinpointed her look, so yay...?
    • tried to organize the articy draft project somewhat but I'm not sure it's much better than before
    • added in the flow chart for part 3
    Will probably continue adding in flow charts to articy draft today. Because of limited energy, I might not finish, but at least part 4 would be nice.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Chiara will be happy to see that ^^

Getting a mid nebulae pan bg done now :D

Chiara likes this.
  11. Landazar

Landazar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to finish RMMV preparations before I seriously start developing my game and make some third party tools to help me with that.
    This is so far I made it:
    [​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Progress Update:
    • ended up adding all remaining parts into articy draft
    • also prepared an overview of the callable NPCs parallel to the main story flow chart and found places where some of them could converge. Now I only need to find out what those side stories are that has them end up at the same place.
    Not sure what I want to tackle today, might end up taking another break day instead.

Marquise* likes this.
  13. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    A sample of the 4 elements I worked with those last days and that I can share [​IMG]
    I needed new material on which putting Happy Birthday ^^ I kept that one for everyone but left the overlays just for the concerned leveling up person. ^^

Chiara likes this.
  14. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Progress Update:
    • took the break, but still did some thinking: a few potential dialogues and such; I also realized that since the calls will be optional, I don't have to obsess over brevity as much
    Should work a bit on the side story, just for a more general idea of what's happening. Or, I could do some sketching; one of my new year's resolutions for 2018 was to (finally) finish my sketchbook, and there's still like eight pages I have to fill.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Chiara great idea with the sketch book I kinda miss mines now. Grrrr XD Sketchbooks an illustrator's best friend. The best fed the more interest it is for potential investors in your art. ^^

Chiara likes this.
  16. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    - Working on Eye lashes, and thinking I might need to do a mix of 3D Art for the bodies, and use Paint.Net or Gimp to add a degree of Pop to my art since prerender's looking a little meh around the eye area.

- A little bit of a problem with thinking on how to do eye set ups ... autism makes reading expressions hard enough, but I have 5 entire pages on anime eye expressions up on my internet, so hopefully they turn out all right. I'll post some up somewhere when I get a few done to see if I did it right XD.

- Going over my list of monsters to make. Since I am integrating a breeding system, which'll unlock new starting monsters as well as multi colored eye, body, "hair" set ups at starting customization. Was for SnGs seeing what'd happen if I did a whole Gen 1 (starter) Mate with different species, then those mate, and so forth till I ran to a 1 Mon Gen.

Man did it get out of hand quick XD. It ended up being 24 starting breeds over 5 generations with over 1,500 monsters ... so I'm going to need to revamp my monster breeds and list to make it something more managable. With fewer variations [getting the total to at least a max of 151.]

That'll be both hard, yet fun. Since there's only 5 breeding groups [Creature; Humanoid; Dragonoid; Mecha; Amorphous].

17. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally found a working alternative to my "on map projectiles" system that I can't get working right. The problem now is making animations. I've been working on creating some better looking animations for when you cast a spell on map and when it hits something. The problem is that the animation that shows on the player is always off-center. Gotta figure something out to fix that, but so far I'm not getting anywhere. XD I might take a break from all that and just start working on enemy behavior so they don't just attack over and over. I also have to start working on a simple recipe/ item synthesis system, based on Yanfly's plugin. I mean, I'm using his plugin. LOL. I need to play around with it, tho, because it looks like a more involved version than what I want to do. I still also need to figure out what I need to do about the Terrax lighting, because right now, I don't like how it looks. I might try doing an overlay or something and see how that looks, but I really don't like working in GIMP. I dunno. I also want to install and play around with Yanfly's Doodads plugin. It's kinda tough to be super motivated to work on a game that looks like ass. Unfortunately, I doubt I'm really gonna be able to make my game pretty, so it's just something I'm gonna have to live with and deal with for now...

18. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has been a long while since I posted here; The development had been halted since I had to get a surgery to both of my jaws. Everything went fine, even if I'm still a bit swollen on one side (it has been three weeks). Using the time I have, a lot of progress has been made since my last post ! Both chapter I and chapter II (where I was until now) have been updated for RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 with the new battle system and all enhancements I added.

I've finally started working on mission II.7. It is a mission to thank some of my testers who play League of Legends (LoL), hence the mission happens in the Summoner's Rift, with some changes to go with my game of course. I finished the sprites of the Nexus, I need to work on the turrets. Apart from those two, any other element is made by me to not strictly copy the LoL map of course.

Then I'll have to draw the boss of the mission. I should be able to release mission II.7 and the new version of chapter II by the end of the year.

Chiara likes this.
  19. Lihinel

Lihinel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Back after about a year of hiatus on my main game (was working on some side projects) started refactoring and reworking the code of my tool system for the greenhouse/barn, hope to get it done this weekend or at least till the end of the month.
    Also planning to redo the gamepage/threads on various forums as it kinda grew and shrank over time and is a mess/very unorganized.

20. kenjivn14

kenjivn14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pet system on my game. Added more features; performances, riding, and equip/ skills.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Rabosion, Marquise* and mobiusclimber like this.