Decoded game can't find encoded .rpgmvp game files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
9
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently lost my original game folder so I took my encoded converted game and copy-pasted it into a new project. Now I can't even launch the game since it searches for files with .rpgmvp extension. Is there anything I can do without replacing my normal files with these encoded ones?
 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
30,009
Reaction score
7,019
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Contact @Archeia by private message.
If you can prove that the game is yours, she (as a Degica Employee) has the access to decode the files for you.
 

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
9
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Contact @Archeia by private message.
If you can prove that the game is yours, she (as a Degica Employee) has the access to decode the files for you.
I decoded the files. The thing is now the game searches for encoded files instead of decoded ones :0

P.S. of course, it wouldn't be too much trouble, to just paste the encoded files, but this is a bad solution in the long run since I won't be able to just change certain character sprites, etc without encoding them first or, changing their "name" in the game itself.
 
Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
30,009
Reaction score
7,019
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you did something wrong. But it is illegal to discuss how to correctly decode, which is why I referred you to archeia who is the only one who can legally help.
 

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
9
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you did something wrong. But it is illegal to discuss how to correctly decode, which is why I referred you to archeia who is the only one who can legally help.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks.
What could I do wrong? The odd thing is that all the events inside the program seem to be using decoded files, I see all the parallaxes and stuff, but when I press playtest something goes wrong.
What could be wrong?

P.S. I believe I already tried to contact Archeia and got no response, so I don't feel like bothering her again.

P.P.S. I found the solution! Can I legally post it here? :D
 
Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
12,954
Reaction score
13,310
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No. But I can close the thread since you solved it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
97,814
Messages
947,151
Members
129,035
Latest member
Tauron7
Top