seyfer110

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello!
I've just stumbled into a little issue...
I want to decrease the text size of a single word inside a dialogue, but I want to decrease it by More than 1 ( \} ) ;
The idea is to make a character say something like a feeble whisper, than repeat it a little louder, and finally a third time normally.
How do I do that? o_O
I tried to repeat the code, like
Code:
\}\}text
, which worked on VX ace, but it doesn't on MV...

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The default font size is 28, and each \} makes the font 12 units smaller. However, the size change will not be applied if the current size is less than 24 units.

One option could be to do something like this:
Code:
\}one \{two \{three
That ends up with the third one being bigger than normal, though. :kaoslp:

Alternatively you could get a plugin that lets you customise the size of the font change step, e.g.
Or you could write your own plugin: copy this code into a file, edit the numbers, save as a .js file, then import as a plugin~
JavaScript:
Window_Base.prototype.makeFontBigger = function() {
    if (this.contents.fontSize <= 96) {
        this.contents.fontSize += 12;
    }
};

Window_Base.prototype.makeFontSmaller = function() {
    if (this.contents.fontSize >= 24) {
        this.contents.fontSize -= 12;
    }
};

seyfer110

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
already have Message Core, but didn't know I could make the text even smaller or bigger with it, tnx for the info!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komaSteif