KevinFrost

KevinFrost91
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An efficient way to have a running button, and it just needs 1 common event, 1 switch and 1 variable.

Run in RPG Maker 2003.PNG

Code:
Key Input Processing: [0001:Run]
Conditional Branch: Variable [0001:Run] == 7
    Conditional Branch: Switch [0004:RUNNING] is ON

Else
        Set Move Route: Player, Speed Up, Speed Up, Speed Up, Speed Up, Speed Up, Speed Down, Speed Down
        Control Switches: [0004RUNNING] = ON
    Branch End
    Else
    Conditional Branch: Switch [0004:RUNNING] is ON
        Set Move Route: Player, Speed Down, Speed Down, Speed Down, Speed Down, Speed Down, Speed Up, Speed Up
        Control Switches: [0004:RUNNING] = OFF

Else

Branch End

Branch End

The reason I have it increase the speed all the way then decrease it some for running is so that it will always go to the correct speed I want. So if you want to run faster, don't decrease the speed so much after increasing it. Or if you want the walking speed different, either don't add as many speed increases, or add more if you want the walking speed faster.

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hint for next time: You can just copy the event lines from RPG Maker and paste them here. The RPG Maker copies them both as native data and text so there is no need to re-type them by hand!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OfTheManyColours